Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got out last week. I cant think of anything worse than being soaked to the skin everytime you go out by a load of drunken idiots....
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

a load of drumken idiots....
      Fucking right... percussionists are the worst!

Comment

May I be stupid and ask what is the festival?

Comment

It's the Thai new year...also called the water festival...basically it's just an excuse to get drunk as shit and hose everyone you see with water...and then get on your motorbike and kill yourself...Fun stuff...at least for the Thais...

It actually is a serious holiday with much tradition...you might want to read here for more accurate info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_New_Year
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

It's an annual deathfest to see how many innocent folk you can (accidentally on purpose) cause to have a motorcycle accident.

It's fucking pathetic and is an annual stain on this otherwise great place to live.

Comment

(bumblebee @ Apr. 12 2008,17:27) At home in Ireland where its bloody Songkran nearly every day, only colder water
              Too fucking true!
              It's wet here, and cold as fuck!
              If she aint got a dick, she's just a chick!  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 13 2008,03:42) It's an annual deathfest to see how many innocent folk you can (accidentally on purpose) cause to have a motorcycle accident.

It's fucking pathetic and is an annual stain on this otherwise great place to live.
                True That.
                Just tonight (Yes, I went out on a plea from an LB to see her) a car came speeding up Second Road the Wrong way with His Lights off.

Almost a stat Ourselves
                You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

I actually like Songkran....usually i head to LOS every year at this time....

Seems like round here i am a little odd

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(azza33 @ Apr. 12 2008,23:11) Seems like round here i am a little odd
                    As far as the rest of the world is concerned...... all of us here are a little odd!

RR.
                    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                    Kahuna

Comment

(Road Runner @ Apr. 13 2008,08:34)
                      (azza33 @ Apr. 12 2008,23:11) Seems like round here i am a little odd
                      As far as the rest of the world is concerned...... all of us here are a little odd!

RR.
                      perhaps i should rephrase...

Seems I am a little odder than usual round here

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

picking up my laundry yesterday in pattaya, a full week before official songkran, i get hosed by a drunk thai bar lady on soi diana. after me she takes dead aim at motorcyclists, who, unprepared for this early 'celebration' narrowly avoid one another in passing.
                        oh boy, songkran, can't fucking wait.

Comment

Time to head to Samet TB.

Comment

home in oz waiting waiting for my next trip.

Actual incident report crossed my desk from thailand one our linehaul trucks was water bombed from an over head bridge. The only casualty was a road side food stall lord have mersy on what ever was cooking there.

i learnt my lesson in johor bahru do not eat from road side stalls was shiting through an eye of a  neddle for days.

Comment

I was all set to come over from Dubai for a week through Songkran but after reading all your thoughts I decided to stay put until the start of May. Mind you, the thought of wet t-shirts in Guess Bar nearly swayed me!

Right, off to watch United beat the 'Invincibles'...

Comment

it's way to fucking hot during Songkran.
                                I am there during the cool season from Dec1 - Feb 28 and from June1 - Aug31, as the rainy season begins.
                                Therefore I can have Spring & Autumn in Oz.

Comment

Working...
                                X