Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asking Board Members for Ladyboy Contact Info.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that about 90% of this 'asking for numbers' thing is basically an extension of alot of guys' fantasies.

We all know it, but rarely comment the fact, that a large number of visitors to this forum have not, and probably never will actually visit Thailand, or actually get closer to a LB than gazing at their computer screen.
    This does not make them creeps or psychos. They are still enthusiasts, although in a comparitively passive way.

But then there are those people who get compulsive about their fantasies, and despite the fact the fact that they are on the other side of the world, will mail or phone LBs to 'try and get a date'. These are the (generally newly-joined) posters who constantly beg for contact information, in broken English or not, and randomly PM other members with recognizable avatars.

I have no problems passing on email addresses or telephone numbers, if the LB involved has expressly given her permission. But I will still be wary giving any information to guys who I feel have no real intention of using that information to the girl's advantage. Most members I would give that information, wouldn't ask for it here anyway. They would ask me face to face over a beer at Guess Bar.

Comment

Not to nit-pick here, I'm guilty of this myself, but what's the difference between PM contact details to a BM versus just plain posting. If a punter really wanted the contacts they'd just create an account and be done with it. Isn't it just the same thing blasting the contact details into cyberspace and putting up the small hurdle of PMing someone for it?

I think I'll have to go the route of asking the ladies if they want the details out there. I know I wouldn't want all the LBs calling me looking for a hunk of burning ATM...

Comment

Who cares if they ask for contact info. Its no skin off your back. If you're inclined to grant them a reply, do so. If not, then ignore, either way, you're not affected much. Why bitch about it?

I got help from JaiDee before my first big trip over there and it helped out quite a bit with a few girls that free lance and have moved to new bars. I hope i thanked him for them info, if not, i'm a jack ass and offer my thanks belatedly.

By the way, this is an english forum, maybe the guys brock was referring to don't post much b/c they aren't confident with their english. A few guys posted some hard to comprehend trip reports and got a mixed response because their english sucks. Its easier to send a PM in bad english than to write a post everyone to see.

Lighten up guys, this is a place for fun. If you don't like something, ignore it, its not worth spending energy on it.
        asj

Comment

Well back in the days JaiDee ran AsianTS he certainly went above and beyond to help the members of his paysite out with numbers/contacts , and if he didnt have them he would ask me LOL .

Personally its not about bitching or the need to lighten up , its about what is proper Etiquette and what isnt .

Sending a PM to someone who doesnt know you from adam totally out of the blue asking for contact details is like getting a phone call from a stranger trying to sell you insurance , or wanting you to switch phone companies etc etc .

Comment

I've no problem with giving a lb phone # to guys I know personally or recognize as a fairly long time or prolific poster, unless the ladyboy in question had previously told me to not give it out. Since most of the lbs we talk about here work in the sex for pay industry, their customer base is their life blood. Unless I was totally supporting a ladyboy financially, by not giving out her phone number to someone, I may be cutting into her earning capacity. Everyone who has ever asked me and I've given a number to, has fallen into the pct of members who do go to Thailand, taking what they say at face value.
            Take Eye for example. Back when I met her, through someone sharing her number with me, she didn't work in a bar, as I recall. Was no longer in Temptations, and had not gotten into any of the subsequent endeavors she delved into, leading up to her current employment at Obs. If whomever shared the number with me had not done so, it would have taken money out of Eye's pocket.
            That said, the vast majority of the time, I end up clicking more with ones I just meet here on my own, moreso than the ones I may have gotten advance contact info on.
            Still, by not selectively sharing contact info with fellow Thailand travelers, I do not believe we would generally be doing the ladyboys any favors.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Some guys just want to fill up their little black book with numbers and try to spring a surprise text message on the girls from time to time. I have no idea why.
              Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

(si geena @ May 23 2008,13:24) Some guys just want to fill up their little black book with numbers and try to spring a surprise text message on the girls from time to time. I have no idea why.
                I've never known of anyone to do that. Are you speaking for yourself?
                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

I'm hanging out with 1 girl for the past 2 weeks. She's been asking me to reply to some of her text messages.

So that's how I figured that out in the course of responding on her behalf.
                  Always yield to temptation, it may not pass your way again.

Comment

Working...
                  X