Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(LBloom @ Jul. 24 2008,09:23)  Am I the only one who has been pressed into partaking in  karaoke and then being press-ganged into visiting the temple the next morning
    I have zero interest in frivolous activities of this kind and doubt if i the invitation would be offerd to a hardened monger like my good self. If i went id rather go on my own.. in my own time and leisure

I am a real cynic anyhow and lets face it .. GFE =  RCR
    or..its all bullshit... Reality Check Required...

Comment

Excuse my ignorance.....but where is LOS?

Comment

It's a few hundred miles south of SAN
        No honey, no money!!

Comment

Excuse my ignorance.....but where is LOS?

Comment

Land of Smiles = Thailand
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

yes...very appropriate......thanks

Comment

Excellent thread!

I used to think that with limited vacation time that it was important to hit the ground running.

But now I'm thinking that after a long flight, if you're not feeling well then it's good to just hit the hay and without aircon.

As for the bars I've had my fill. Once a week to chat with mates is fine by me. Since many of my friends are looking for a new ladyboy that evening then I wind up drinking at a ladyboy bar.

Today was great. I had two beers with a bud in a bar with no bargirls or ladyboys. If I'm not on the prowl I have little interest in chatting with a bargirl as I feel I'm wasting both my time and her time.

Comment

In reply to original post . . . Sounds like you were sick with some kind of material viral or bacterial infection based on the fever. Until your body has fully recovered you probably won't feel the call of the wild. It can take weeks to get your full-on mojo health back. You were trying to play when you should have been on the injured reserve list.

Comment

yes think your right,and i should have brought myflight fwd and gone home,its a hard call to make when youve gone such a long way,but if ever it happens again i shall do it.
                    robbo

Comment

(Buddy @ Jul. 29 2008,10:50) You were trying to play when you should have been on the injured reserve list.
                      Try explaining that one to a ladyboy - If you don't have a customer and you're stuck give me a call I'll come off the bench for the last 15 mins or so
                      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

I am going to ignore Tomcat's reply - I should have known that when I asked for replies from the 'old hands' I was asking for some cynical old f**k to throw his tuppance worth in

To come back to Robbo's point, I think that getting a place to chill out would be a better option that bringing your return flight forward.  For me one of the big issues (and you allude to it) is the lenght of the flight to LOS - I hate those f*****g 12 hour flights and want to get most out of any one I take.  

This leads to the issue of how long any of us can stay in LOS - the minimum that I go for now is six weeks - any shorter I would see as a waste of time - however, I could imagine if I was only there for two or three weeks then I'd want to get as much mongering in as possible.  How long do you guys usually stay?

LBloom

PS Pigdogg -  Strongly agree with you about bars if not on the hunt - chatting to the bargirls in pigeon Thai-lish just gets boring and (as you say) a waste of time

PS Jimslim ... and I'll come on if it goes to extra time but it must be decided on penalties - I am getting too old for replays - none of these Dublin-Meath marathons!
                        Fergus: Do they know?
                        Dil: Know what, honey?
                        Fergus: Know what I didn't know? And don't call me that.
                        Dil: Can't help it! A girl has her feelings.

Comment

tomcat has a right to not want to partake in trivial(seemingly) activities such as mixing with locals(thais) it just depends on length of time he has and what he wants out of his time there mayby hes only got a few days or cpl a weeks, and just wants to drink /screw,unwind from stesses at home, i can understand if thats case.and it really is a personal thing what you want out of your time. so everyones opinion is valid as is yours lbloom mate yours are good comments ,all of em. as to myself in answer to your question, length of time in LOS,mine varies from 2 weeks 4 weeks and 6 weeks anything in between,is usually enough,and i mean enough. however my usual stategy is to have an open ticket(flight) so once in LOS i can be flexible with my length of stay,pay a bit more for it but by golly gosh its nice feeling to be there and know that when you leave is up to you to a degree,last one i had was valid for a year! bit worrying..............i guy could go overboard n lose the plot...........more so when armed with several bits of plastic card ,usually extended stay, by way of immigration in bkk and /or pay fines. (im self employed in constuction in the uk so its easy for me .but i know not so for most guys.
                          robbo

Comment

Should you go back? Tough call.

I'm over Thailand. WAY over it. Though I have to keep coming here for work, so here I am. I'm not bitching, because I LOVE my job, I'm just saying I'm over it after 10 years and can't wait until the ladyboy market is over saturated so I can go retire in South America (Colombia).

There is a lot of other place in Asia that are wonderful, I say, go see them all. There are LBs all over the place.
                            * LadyboyDolls.com
                            * Third World Media
                            * Black Ops Media

Comment

(PigDogg @ Jul. 29 2008,04:34) Excellent thread!

I used to think that with limited vacation time that it was important to hit the ground running.

But now I'm thinking that after a long flight, if you're not feeling well then it's good to just hit the hay and without aircon.

As for the bars I've had my fill. Once a week to chat with mates is fine by me. Since many of my friends are looking for a new ladyboy that evening then I wind up drinking at a ladyboy bar.

Today was great. I had two beers with a bud in a bar with no bargirls or ladyboys. If I'm not on the prowl I have little interest in chatting with a bargirl as I feel I'm wasting both my time and her time.
                              Well put.
                              * LadyboyDolls.com
                              * Third World Media
                              * Black Ops Media

Comment

interesting comments,i guess i wont really know if i wanna go there again until i go,if u see what i mean,mayby if and when next time i head back ill find out.i must admit tho i have a hankering to explore south america( not just for the travesti) of course theres that part but id like to see that part of the world to.
                                robbo

Comment

Working...
                                X