X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Still Get Excited ?

Well this day 3 weeks time I'll be sitting somewhere in soi 4 enjoying a cool one ,watching the world go by with my old pal Ciobha , most probably we'll take a trip over to Guess then a tour of Nana before retiring for the evening with a lovely (or 2 )

Right now I'm getting excited at the thought of it all , these next few weeks are gonna drag at work , putting in the overtime while my mind wanders elsewhere .

Its been 4 months and I can't wait to get back , this will be my 9th trip in around 3 years , and every one feels as exciting as the first, probably more so .

The "Am I jaded ?" thread through up some interesting points , maybe i should have called this Why do I never feel jaded ?

So theres guys here who have many, many more trips under their belts than me , do you still get that same buzz ? Does every trip feel better than the last ? Or does it sometimes lose that edge ?

For the guys who live there full time , do you still wake every morning , a Scotland yard in your pants and think -life is great ?

And all the grim reapers out there , with the half full bottles of Singha , feel free to tell us why we shouldn't be so optimistic about it all , why things were much better before in the days when you could get a baht bus home , a lady for the evening , a bag of BBQ and still have change from a 50 baht note  

Am I excited ? always am , always am ................

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

(jimslim @ Aug. 03 2008,03:22) , why things were much better before in the days
    Wheres my rose colourd spectacles... ah here they are
    the only accents in Pattaya usually either English or German when i first went...the Russians were still waving the hammer and sycle...Also familes in Pattaya were almost unknown... almost..and you could swim in the sea without getting poisoned although quite a few people were de capitated by Jet Skis in the 90s.

I could go on...but i wont

jadingly yours  

TC

Comment

Ah ha , but femboys weren't invented back then  
      Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Aug. 02 2008,12:22) For the guys who live there full time , do you still wake every morning , a Scotland yard in your pants and think -life is great ?
        My take

Those of us who were happy back home are happy here.

If you weren't happy back home chances are you won't be happy here.

IMO happiness is more dependent on attitude than circumstances.

Comment

If you are looking forward to the trip and you know already pretty much what is going to happen, that is the best feeling in the world.

It's true that some of us who are here all the time (me) sometimes paint a gloomy picture. It's also true that things might not go to plan when you get here.

Loads of things can happen to make you sour about your trip...

ATM card not working, booked into a smoking room next to half built condos, the girl that showed promise in the bar actually ended up raiding your minibar and falling asleep, torrential rain every time your dick gets hard, overcharged for that Pimms #1 Cup...

If you expect these things to happen and you still want to come here then your holiday will be fine.

If you expect these things to happen and they don't, then your holiday is perfect!

The problems arise when these things happen and you either don't expect it or worse, don't accept it.

Looking forward and planning your trip is a lot of fun and should really be seen as part of the overall package of your trip.

the holiday starts when you get that warm glow and secretive grin on your face as you picture yourself perched outside The Guess Bar with a couple of like minded forum members and a Guess Bar girl each side of you constantly doing inventory on your jewels!

Good luck and I'm looking forward to being one of the guys perched right next to you!

Comment

Well this time in 2 weeks, and yes I am excited (if i can stop worrying about work shit!!)

I now know what to expect, i dont particularly like the shitpits but on the first night back, there is nothing like it.

I know Hua Hin will be quiet, the mall the same, SB moaning about the food and asking when we can go to Sizzler!

But i know after the first day i will be totally relaxed, i will have fun with friends and for 10 days be the happiest man around.

I will be sad to leave and will start planning the next trip!!

Yes Thailand may have its problems, there may be some drama, but to me there is still no place like it...
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Slim, as an outside observer who doesn't get to Thailand anymore but did go for years, I can say that your feelings are spot on and you are far from the only one. And rightly so....some guys save for months and months and take time away from work and family for a month or whatever to go and let off steam; you guys SHOULD look forward to it and get excited every time you go!

The feeling may not last forever, I can vouch for that, so enjoy your trips now and make the most of them!
              Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 03 2008,04:50) I will be sad to leave and will start planning the next trip!!
                very common,  KL

I remember many times as wheels went up from the old  BKK airport tarmac, my head was already scheming about ways to get back and how soon it would be, etc..... I am sure many people who read here feel exactly the same as you do.

enjoy your trip!  
                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Even some of my most disappointing trips have had their moments and I keep on finding diamonds amongst the rough.

I have met some wonderful LBs - some great BMs (and I am usually really anti-social) - and I now even love the shit-pits.

Each trip gets better - maybe because I am amazed that I am still breathing and my gear still works for take-off and landing.

There must be a Guy's riposte to the song by Charlene "I've Never Been to Me€, but to paraphrase the spoken coda:

Hey, you know what paradise is?
                  It's a lie, a fantasy we create about people and places as we'd like them to be
                  But you know what truth is?
                  It's that little ladyboy you're holding, it's that ladyboy you fought with this morning
                  The same one you're going to make love with tonight
                  That's truth, that's paradise......

Looking for Nirvana?

Me? - I will settle for a week every few months in Thailand!

YouTub Clip - Charlene - " I've never been to me"

Comment

My first visit to Thailand was in Feruary this year. My first ladyboy experience was not planned at all but happened only hours after I arrived in BKK. I've been to Thailand three times since then and am going back in three weeks and have booked flights for other trips in November and January.

I count the hours when I get this close to a trip and couldnt face a return flight without having already booked another trip. I remember on my first flight back a very real acknowledgement to myself that something had happened and I would never be the same person again.

YES - I stil get excited, NO - I cant imagine it being any other way!

Comment

Me too. Due in on August 23rd. Feeling the excitement build. Just like the first time. Only better!

Comment

do you still wake every morning , a Scotland yard in your pants and think -life is great ?
                        Not for a while no...
                        But i do wake up every morning thinking i am in heaven...
                        I never tire of Bangkok.Always have a new sister to welcome to the Towers..
                        Always fun and games never a dull moment........love it sooo much!.
                        x
                        Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

Bangkok to me is still one of the most exhilirating cities in the world, and i would still visit even if there were no lbs
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 02 2008,14:50) Well this time in 2 weeks, and yes I am excited (if i can stop worrying about work shit!!)

I now know what to expect, i dont particularly like the shitpits but on the first night back, there is nothing like it.

I know Hua Hin will be quiet, the mall the same, SB moaning about the food and asking when we can go to Sizzler!

But i know after the first day i will be totally relaxed, i will have fun with friends and for 10 days be the happiest man around.

I will be sad to leave and will start planning the next trip!!

Yes Thailand may have its problems, there may be some drama, but to me there is still no place like it...
                            KL's post says it all for me (except the bit about taking SB to Hua Hin ... I'd prefer a LB myself)
                            No honey, no money!!

Comment

In direct response to Jim - I know you always have a good attitude and know how to have a good time so I'm sure you will have an absolute blast on your trip.

Just watch out for that fuckstick Aperry!

and come back to us with plenty of amusing anecdotes and hair-raising stories
                              No honey, no money!!

Comment

Working...
                              X