Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thailand? Bloody hell! Twenty years ago i first set foot in bangkok and i have never been the same. I love the country , the people, the food. As long as i go twice a year for my hols i am a happy bunny. Whether its being in a crowd in a shopping mall, lying on a quiet beach, riding on an elephant, or sat in a loud bar having my bits fondled i am so alive. I would never go anywhere else! So lets raise a glass to LOS and all who sail in her!
    We've got to get in to get out

Comment

8th visit this october, really looking forward to this trip, but really didn't enjoy, my trip last september.
      I find los like this sometimes, most of the time it's great then the little niggles start to annoy me.

Can't be bad else i wouldn't go back!!
      i'm going where the sun keeps shining.................

Comment

My first trip was really by default in 1990, some 18 years ago, after being fed up with chasing drunk slags in Costa Del Fat Slut on an 18 to 30's lads excursion.... After some 60 odd trips now and only being into LB's for a few years...... I love so many things about Thailand, so much so that I built a place on Samui to live.

"do you still get excited ?" You bet I do !!!!!

Comment

(bumblebee @ Aug. 04 2008,05:39) Looking forward to catching up with you guys in Guess, La Bamba and wherever else they sell beer.  Now just need to get Orgasmaddict to get his ticket and we will have the old team back on the road in LOS.

Myself, Orgasmaddict, Baklaboy and Burenboy jr will ride again.
          Ah-hem ..... forgetting anybody are we??

I may not be Irish but you wouldn't be thinking of going to La Bamba without me, would you??

The girls might be hot, the beers will be cold, but someone needs to keep an eye on you miscreants.

I have instructions from all your mums to box your ears if there is any funny business ...

It looks like I'm going to be busy      
          Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(jimslim @ Aug. 03 2008,03:22) Well this day 3 weeks time I'll be sitting somewhere in soi 4 enjoying a cool one ,watching the world go by with my old pal Ciobha , most probably we'll take a trip over to Guess then a tour of Nana before retiring for the evening with a lovely (or 2 )

Right now I'm getting excited at the thought of it all , these next few weeks are gonna drag at work , putting in the overtime while my mind wanders elsewhere .

Its been 4 months and I can't wait to get back , this will be my 9th trip in around 3 years , and every one feels as exciting as the first, probably more so .

The "Am I jaded ?" thread through up some interesting points , maybe i should have called this Why do I never feel jaded ?

So theres guys here who have many, many more trips under their belts than me , do you still get that same buzz ? Does every trip feel better than the last ? Or does it sometimes lose that edge ?

For the guys who live there full time , do you still wake every morning , a Scotland yard in your pants and think -life is great ?

And all the grim reapers out there , with the half full bottles of Singha , feel free to tell us why we shouldn't be so optimistic about it all , why things were much better before in the days when you could get a baht bus home , a lady for the evening , a bag of BBQ and still have change from a 50 baht note  

Am I excited ? always am , always am ................

My feelings on the subject are that the more times you go the better prepaired you are and usually plan the trip better. This means that things go smoother and you cnnot get let down by anyone or thing because you are expecting it,if that makes sense
            I love going back it feels like home to me now

Comment

(pacman @ Aug. 04 2008,22:08) Ah-hem ..... forgetting anybody are we??

I may not be Irish but you wouldn't be thinking of going to La Bamba without me, would you??        

The girls might be hot, the beers will be cold, but someone needs to keep an eye on you miscreants.

I have instructions from all your mums to box your ears if there is any funny business ...

It looks like I'm going to be busy      
              Pacman and my associates in La Bamba how could I ever forget you guys.... I need you to keep my sofa warm for me opposite the TV screen.

Yes you will be a busy boy keeping an eye on us easy riders, and us watching your back when you pass out

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 03 2008,08:25) Bangkok to me is still one of the most exhilirating cities in the world,
                Last few trips I'm getting to love the place , I remember well my very first time , getting lost every ten metres , getting pestered by tuk tuk guys , trying to work out how to cross the road , we spent 2 days there and all my mates vowed not to go back .

I gave it a go again about a year back and loved it , now no trip is complete without a start and finish in BKK for a few days , it sets you up for the task ahead a bit like a big bowl of porridge in the morning .

Ah , an ice cold San Migel Lite in soi 4 , I can taste it now  
                Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Aug. 05 2008,03:16) all my mates vowed not to go back .
                  pussies!

they don't know what they're missing

same with all the guys who land and go straight to pattaya.... they are missing one of the most exciting cities in the whole world just to save a few baht on ladyboy fee's and would prefer hanging out with families of ex-commies on a crappy beach; oh boy.

Bangkok is a great city, I've been a lot of places and few can match its sheer electricty and fun quotient
                  Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

(jimslim @ Aug. 03 2008,03:22) do you still get that same buzz ?
                    The short answer...No...

"...nothing can bring back the hour of splendour in the grass..."
                    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(JaiDee @ Aug. 05 2008,11:15)
                      (jimslim @ Aug. 05 2008,03:16) all my mates vowed not to go back .
                      pussies!

they don't know what they're missing

same with all the guys who land and go straight to pattaya....

You could be right , with some people its hard to break that beach holiday mentality, brought up on a diet of 2 weeks in the Med .

The same guys were not fussed on Pattaya either but loved Koh Samui , me I was bored of it after 5 days and wanted back to Pattaya , maybe I'm just more of a sleazeball .

I'll never forget our first night in Pattaya , we turned off beach road in a taxi to go up soi 7 to our hotel , a crowd of bargirls running after the taxi screaming , a bit like that scene in The Deer Hunter when Christopher Walken takes off in the cadillac and throws all the money in the air .
                      I suppose they must have spotted 4 guys with their tongues hanging out and knew we were frest meat .
                      I remember we all showered in double quick time and hit the streets to explore  

Comment

... to paraphrase Sam Johnson "A man who is tired of Bangkok is tired of life€.

LBloom
                        Fergus: Do they know?
                        Dil: Know what, honey?
                        Fergus: Know what I didn't know? And don't call me that.
                        Dil: Can't help it! A girl has her feelings.

Comment

i have been to many places around the world,but the buzz and energy of bangkok,imho just cant be beat and not to forget that little something extra . this september8 will be my 14th trip and i never tire of the excitement of taking that first lungfull of bangkok air.

Comment

(danwin250 @ Aug. 12 2008,04:18) taking that first lungfull of bangkok air.
                            Not easy to forget that

Comment

Working...
                            X