Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(alan1chef @ Sep. 07 2008,12:01) Don't believe the rhetoric from the Democrats....
    So do we believe the rhetoric from some guy who fries hamburgers at McDonalds?
    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,11:31)
      (Lefty @ Sep. 06 2008,18:54) I've researched this before and from what info I could gather, not taking the ladyboy's word for it, there is no provision in Philippines law for a man to marry a ladyboy. It would be no different to them, than if two men wanted to get married and it is at this time impossible to get a K-3 visa to the USA for a man and ladyboy marriage, or a K-1 fiancee visa for that matter, even if it were legal in the eyes of the Philippines govt.
      You could still have a ceremonial wedding, but it would not be legally binding or recognized in the eyes of their govt in any way, shape or form, from the info I was able to gather.
      Ah, not true. There are bills on the floor waiting to be passed against same sex marriage but no law. Roman Catholics running amok. It's not the Filipino govt holding it back, seems to be the US govt. You can't get married in the church but you can get married by a judge. Filipinos don't pay taxes anyways, so the tax break, inheritance, hospital visitation, which are huge issues in the US are non issues in PH. I could be talking nonsense but that is what I understand. Thew next few months will be a great lesson in bureaucracy, not t mention constantly thinking....why the fuck do we have borders?

Manila has it's gay pride parades, almost a sister city if SF. If I wasn't going to marry Kim, I think Manny Pacquiao would look good in a corset. De La Hoya was quite sexy, no?

DECEMBER 6 - PACQUIAO VS DE LA HOYA De La Hoya is going to get FFS not through a scapel but through the fists of the Pac Man. Nose over here, jaw over there.

I bet you both of them could marry a ladyboy and bring them into the US.
      What exactly did I say that is not currently true? Even you say there are bills, but as of now, no law.
      It does not matter who is holding it back. It either exists today or it does not.
      “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,06:52) She's back in Ph right now, going to Singapore in two weeks for 8 weeks.  
        My question to you is, why in the hell do you want to marry a 31 year old transexual hooker?

Comment

Check this website...www.immigrationequality.org. It has some facts that may help you. Neither marriage in the Philippines or marriage in California will allow you to get immigration status as a married couple. Also, according to the information at that site, it may do more harm than good to apply for status because it could affect the future ability of your partner to get a visa. That is why I suggested that your partner get a tourist visa; then the both of you could be together here in the US.

[I]From www.immigrationequality.org...
          Can I marry my partner in Massachusetts or California - or register in New Jersey, Washington, Vermont, Connecticut - and apply for legal permanent residence (a "green card")?

Unfortunately, neither marriage in Massachusetts or California nor a civil union in any state will provide immigration rights to same-sex couples in the short term. In the United States, immigration law is governed entirely by federal law, and in 1996 the federal government passed a law called the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) which defines marriage as only between a man and a woman. Thus marriages between same sex partners, whether they take place in Massachusetts, California, Canada, or other countries which allow for such marriages will not provide any immigration benefits in the U.S.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services have made it very clear that they will not recognize any same sex marriages. If you apply for a visa for your partner based on a same sex marriage, it will be denied. If your partner is not in lawful status, he could be placed in removal (deportation) proceedings.

Is Immigration Equality planning to challenge this in Court?

We are very excited by equal marriage rights in Massachusetts, California and advances in other states, and very hopeful that in the long run they will lead to DOMA being overturned. We do feel very strongly, however, that people should not try to challenge DOMA in the immigration context. The Supreme Court has held many, many times that Congress has the power to regulate immigration however it sees fit, and we believe that a challenge to DOMA in an immigration case would most likely be unsuccessful and could actually strengthen DOMA.

Okay, so I know I can't apply for a green card for my partner, if I don't file anything with Immigration, is there any other risk to my foreign partner if we decide to marry or register as partners?

It depends on your partner's immigration status. Very small factual differences can make very big differences in the outcome of immigration cases, so any non-citizen planning to marry should consult an immigration attorney before doing so. Many non-immigrant (temporary) visa statuses require the foreign national to prove to U.S. Immigration that the foreign national's intent is not to remain in the U.S. permanently. If your marriage becomes known to Immigration, this evidence of a reason to want to stay permanently in the U.S. could be a ground to deny your partner a visa in the future.

Comment

(ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,11:31) Manny Pacquiao......

....but through the fists  of the Pac Man.  Nose over here, jaw over there.
            Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!            Sprung !       

My identity is no secret any more.....      
            Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

(alan1chef @ Sep. 06 2008,20:01) I would suggest getting married in California, even if she has to come in on a tourist visa. I have experience with INS as my wife, a filipina, and children went through the immigration process. Even though the US government does not recognize same sex marriage...if you have a legal marriage license from California, INS will process your papers.

Don't believe the rhetoric from the Democrats....trying to get you to believe that with Obama as President that same sex marriage will be legalized by the federal government. You could be waiting forever....
              Yes, finally, sound advice. I love the tourist visa thingy, no need to get married, just hang out and be illegal. 12 millions Mexicans do it. I'm sure she can pick up Spanish pretty quickly. I do think you have the right approach.

I'm lucky, dealt a royal flush; male, white, American, born in California, and hetero. Ok, I may need to still draw a card. Is there such a thing as kind of hetero? That's me!

Comment

(alan1chef @ Sep. 06 2008,21:23) Check this website...www.immigrationequality.org. It has some facts that may help you. Neither marriage in the Philippines or marriage in California will allow you to get immigration status as a married couple. Also, according to the information at that site, it may do more harm than good to apply for status because it could affect the future ability of your partner to get a visa. That is why I suggested that your partner get a tourist visa; then the both of you could be together here in the US.

[I]From www.immigrationequality.org...
                Can I marry my partner in Massachusetts or California - or register in New Jersey, Washington, Vermont, Connecticut - and apply for legal permanent residence (a "green card")?

Unfortunately, neither marriage in Massachusetts or California nor a civil union in any state will provide immigration rights to same-sex couples in the short term. In the United States, immigration law is governed entirely by federal law, and in 1996 the federal government passed a law called the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) which defines marriage as only between a man and a woman. Thus marriages between same sex partners, whether they take place in Massachusetts, California, Canada, or other countries which allow for such marriages will not provide any immigration benefits in the U.S.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services have made it very clear that they will not recognize any same sex marriages. If you apply for a visa for your partner based on a same sex marriage, it will be denied. If your partner is not in lawful status, he could be placed in removal (deportation) proceedings.

Is Immigration Equality planning to challenge this in Court?

We are very excited by equal marriage rights in Massachusetts, California and advances in other states, and very hopeful that in the long run they will lead to DOMA being overturned. We do feel very strongly, however, that people should not try to challenge DOMA in the immigration context. The Supreme Court has held many, many times that Congress has the power to regulate immigration however it sees fit, and we believe that a challenge to DOMA in an immigration case would most likely be unsuccessful and could actually strengthen DOMA.

Okay, so I know I can't apply for a green card for my partner, if I don't file anything with Immigration, is there any other risk to my foreign partner if we decide to marry or register as partners?

It depends on your partner's immigration status. Very small factual differences can make very big differences in the outcome of immigration cases, so any non-citizen planning to marry should consult an immigration attorney before doing so. Many non-immigrant (temporary) visa statuses require the foreign national to prove to U.S. Immigration that the foreign national's intent is not to remain in the U.S. permanently. If your marriage becomes known to Immigration, this evidence of a reason to want to stay permanently in the U.S. could be a ground to deny your partner a visa in the future.
                You are the man. Appreciate the research, the advice, and the time you took.

Peace and love.

Comment

(kahuna @ Sep. 06 2008,21:17)
                  (ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,06:52) She's back in Ph right now, going to Singapore in two weeks for 8 weeks.
                  My question to you is, why in the hell do you want to marry a 31 year old transexual hooker?
                  Dude, comprehension. She's a showgirl mainly, gets paid to perform. She's not something you barfine from mamason. I know, that's how I met her. I was in Singapore, thought she was cute, struck up a conversation. And we dated for 5 days. She had a job. I'm not saying that she didn't take advantage of the situation at times with the generosity of men but so what?

So, 31, yes, transsexual, yes, hooker, not so much in the realm of this forum. Yeah, I wanted to hook up with her, she was 29, good looking, and we had a great time together. I'm 46, almost done paying child support and want create another chapter in my life. Also, the altruism, the benevolence of helping someone you like, admire, giving her maybe a life she dreamed of, that's wicked cool. I have honestly never paid directly for sex in my entire life. So, from me thinking she was cute to 18 months later, here we are. I could have very easily just forgotten about her, but you know, sometimes there are certain people that come into your life for a reason. She was not my first transsexual romp but you know what, somehow she pulled at my heartstrings. I found it magical then and still do now.

I fell in love and she did too. Takes two to tango, and we will, cheek to cheek.

Comment

live in the philippines?

Comment

(ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,16:39)
                      (kahuna @ Sep. 06 2008,21:17)
                      I fell in love and she did too.  
                      Good luck and all the best to both of you...

I truly hope it works...

Comment

Alan1chef and Ohnoriceagain....can both of u simultaneously spell 'DOUCHE'?

Comment

And to think of all the work people go to, just to benefit people like ohnoriceagain.

POL
                          Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

And I now understand why Mrs Palin doesn't believe in evolution - there's precious little evidence that US politicians and their laws have eveloved since Biblical times. (OK, OK, don't mention with some of the more barmy UK laws because that's just evidence that intelligent design isn't a flyer either!).
                            Dodging the slingbacks and 'arrowsments of outrageous fortune hunters

Comment

For ohnoriceagain, here is some more for you to consider: If you marry in the Philip. your wife will have a hard time securing a tourist visa since immigration will assume that you want to use the backdoor to get her into the country and that she plans to stay in the US. The immigration does not have to prove anything, their suspicion is sufficient to deny entry. As far as immigration is concerned it is your job to prove that she is only visiting and that could prove very difficult under your circumstances, her sex and job.
                              Now about going to Mexico/ TJ, since you are thinking about that location I have to assume you have not been at that border crossing lately. Forget it, you will not be able to get her across, it is a lot stricter than it used to be.
                              BETO

Comment

(ohnoriceagain @ Sep. 07 2008,06:52) She's my avatar.  We meet in March of 2007 in Singapore, she was part of a show troupe.  
                                And I thought it'd never happen~

ohnoriceagain, you just given me hope... "I can hear the bells..."

I'm gonna have the shortest wedding gown ever!
                                Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

Working...
                                X