Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I can confidently say we would be ok with it..

That said however, who would ever wish their children to be anything other than white, hetero and middle class.. There is just sooo much bigotry, homophobia and hate around for anyone who deviates from the accepted 'norm'...

Comment

My four children, my ex-wife, her husband, and my children's spouses have accepted my relationship(s) with LBs for 25 years, and, where I have been in long-term relationships, they have become close friends with my LB Partner(s), and in some instances, remained friends with my ex-Lb partners.

We have had a number of conversations with each other on how my children and their spouses would feel if one of my (now nine) grandchildren wanted to change gender.

Interestingly, but not surprising ,given her conservative background, only my Japanese daughter-in-law would be "horrified" - and it is only interesting because it is her children who, by virtue of their mixed-race, would make the most attractive LBs.

I have written about this previously, but need to repeat it. I really was not around much when my children were growing up, so it is my ex-wife who raised them to think openly, whilst simultaneously, raising them as regular Church-going Catholics.

I give my ex-wife 100% of the credit for raising children who, as adults, make me proud, and extremely appreciative, of the support they have given me, and continue to give me, for my somewhat unusual life-style.

Comment

a major bummer for western wanna be LBs is that in our coutries there is much more social pressure against such things, so that most tendencies are either subdued or they have to wait to be 18 to be able to take the decision to take hormones. Then there is so much bureaucracy and annoying "counseling" around it, which adds difficulty to the necessary medical prescription for hormones and the other pills (like those for not growing muscles).

18 is too late to take hormones.

Then there is also, I think (talking out of my ass here), that expectation that M2F transgender people have to cut off their dick. More social pressure on that one.

I do think western TGs can be very attractive, they just aren't given the chance.
        I remember seeing a TV report about a young german (15 or 16 yo I think) who had the luck to be "clearly" tg, so that she got hormones with 10. She was absolutely stunning. Unfortunately, she was to get the cut  

Comment

When I first came out to my family at 17, my family stood by me- they did not outright support my inclination but eventually grew to be more comfortable with the issue.

As transgenders, I feel the term is pretty obvious- beyond the limitations of gender and often, beyond our physical bodies. Gender/sexuality is a state of mind. Having said that, I'd support anyone who strongly feels the need for physical transformation to feel more at place with their state of mind.

Love conquers all. If one's family is unable to accept that their loved one is 'different' (i'd prefer the term 'unique'), they are holding on to their own selfish needs for sociological acceptance- that is not love.
          Now a SUPER sister!

Comment

Out side the emotional issues of children ( of which I have none and never intend to ) I would  accept anyone's choice of who or what they wanted to be and be happy to know them. The only time it would be a problem is if they were an asshole...

But back to the original question... yes and with full support.... Live and let live

Comment

Pretty easy to say yes if we look (beautiful) girls like Naang Faa or Marla... but what if...

Our "sweet child" is...
              1) 117kg/187cm chubbymuscular.
              2) 30 sec after shaving, "she" have huge stubble. Very hairy body.
              3) "she" have to wear wig, because "she" has lost "her" hair long ago.
              4) There´s no plastic surgery in whole planet that can make "her" look like woman. Ever.

Basically we are talking about man with wig and lipstic. Man who want to be a woman, but don´t have physical condition for that. Crossdresser and nothing more.

So, is your answer still "yes"?

My answer is... i don´t have answer for this. Sure i want to happy life for my child, but...
              I have to cross my fingers and hope that never have to answer this.

(But IF she look like Naang Faa or Marla, no problem)
              Suomipoika perkele!

Comment

I think the same like the most here. Let him or her live what he likes. When he is happy. That is the important thing.

Comment

It would take me to a whole new place, but really replacing normal worries for a new direction.

i live in LOS so i guess it would be different for me, but i am sure it would still be a struggle to make sure my kid was living the life they really wanted.

I feel it is less about my acceptance and more about their quality of life

Comment

(Stogie @ Feb. 25 2009,22:24) I'd much sooner disown my kids over drug abuse or being a criminal.

(I'd be trying to shag his... er, her friends!)  
                    and the bad thing about the way Philippine society and culture is intricately built is that they'd much rather have a deviant son immersed in these vices than have a transsexual daughter....

all in the name of saving face i believe....

www.winklergirl.com
                    My Facebook
                    PHILIPPINES: +639153569810

Comment

Thats absolutely true!

When I told my family about being TS, one of the reactions was, "Wed rather accept you as gay than that. You dont have to wear female clothes." Its completely ridiculous but I would understand how it was for them though, having been ignorant of such a bigger world out there could provide so much fear and worry.
                      But rest assured, they know a lot better now.  

Relatively, I think this face-saving mechanism seems quite common in a lot of other places as well, East and West. Particularly in highly patriarchal society where a son is more favored than female due to cultural traits and tradition.

If I were to have a TS child, be it MTF (male-to-female) or FTM (female-to-male), Id make them understand how the world is going to be so unfair to them and a lot of times life wont play it easy.
                      But my unceasing heart will always be there for them no matter what.  

S
                      Anything spent less than mad love is a waste of time

Comment

I have been through some very difficult things with my son. If he decided that he wanted to live his life as a ladyboy I would have the concerns that Stogie expressed about living that life in a western culture but if he found peace in that choice I would support him in everyway I could.

Comment

I think i would have no problem accepting if my child wanted to transform, but like others have said in this thread, not everyone in the western world are like us ppl here.

I have a good friend, who for years thought he was gay and even tried to kill himself, but decided to talk to me as he knew i was in the gay scene, and i was confused about it. so we had a good chat and stayed in contact and a few years ago, when i started looking up all about transexuals on the web, i found the magazine "transformation" and i gave it to him.

Well he was overjoyed to say the least, that finally he found something where he wasn't alone with his feelings, and he started to dress up as a TV, and now he is looking to start to take hormones and wants to be a pre-op transexual for a while at least.

The biggest problem he has ever faced has been from his family disowning him when he told his mum that he wanted to wear women's clothes. so now for the last 5 years, he has had no contact at all with his family.

but he still contacts me and i told him about this and other forums where he can express himself in a open and non-judgemental place where ppl like us accept everyone for who they are.
                          i love t-girls

Comment

(statuesque @ Mar. 18 2009,13:49) "Wed rather accept you as gay than that. You dont have to wear female clothes."
                            exactly what my mom and step dad told me few year's ago
                            You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

(manarak @ Feb. 25 2009,05:11) on the other hand... when he's 18, there are chances he will bring LB friends home. hmmmm...
                              ^^This

Of course i would accept, i'd be a right hypocritical bastard if i didn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X