Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice for getting a 3 month Tourist Visa ( in the thread link i posted above )  , also applies for a 6 month Long Stay Tourist Visa .

However the 6 month stay requires a bunch of medical tests be done ( and a few days wait ),  been there and done that also .

Best IMHO to start off small before going big  , if your partner gets enuff time in Oz , really easy to get a much more permanent Visa later on , or extensions on Visa's already in hand .

Comment

(monkeyman @ May 05 2009,22:55) https://theladyboyforums.com/cgi-bin....t=17070
      Thanks MM,

After searching through a bunch of threads I found that thread and posted your insights into post 8 of this thread.

Still a lot of questions to be answered though. I guess those who got their lbs home are either having too much fun to come here, or were burned and scared away.

Comment

(monkeyman @ May 05 2009,23:23) My advice for getting a 3 month Tourist Visa ( in the thread link i posted above ) which the OP seemingly couldnt find ( even after i told him in the Chat Room to do a search of past posts )  , also applies for a 6 month Long Stay Tourist Visa .

However the 6 month stay requires a bunch of medical tests be done ( and a few days wait ),  been there and done that also .

Best IMHO to start off small before going big  , if your partner gets enuff time in Oz , really easy to get a much more permanent Visa later on , or extensions on Visa's already in hand .
        MM,
        I can see what you're saying much more clearly now.

Let me suggest an alternative that takes into account your advice and see if you agree with this as a possible scenario.

1. Get a 3 month tourist visa for lb.
        2. Later try to get another 3 months, or better yet a 6 month tourist visa.
        3. In between perhaps rack up some months together in PI living together.

After say 18 months of this, should have racked up enough time together to apply for spouse visa.

Would probably need to consider not leaving too long between visits together so as to not affect the continuity requirement too much.

Having received and fulfilled visa requirements a couple of times, would enhance prospect of getting spouse visa granted.

How's that?

Comment

Forget about the Partner Visa if your partner has never been granted a smaller type of Visa to Oz before , your trying to run a marathon without doing any training going straight for that .

I would advise that your other half get more than 12 months overall time in Oz  before you apply for a Spouse Visa , and as long as you can prove ongoing relationship status when you are not together , emails and or phone call records is enough , then length between visiting each other unless its longer than say 12-18 months would not matter  , from my understanding  and my dealings with Oz House in Bangkok .

Comment

Thanks heaps mm! Makes a lot of sense.

btw: While we're here talking about visas. I'm planning to go to PI for about 6 weeks soon. Locals have told me it's best to just come on the standard no-visa-required entry, then go to the local visa place a couple of weeks later and apply for the 59 day visa.

The main question is, will I have problems on entry if my air ticket is booked to return say 45 days later? Would they question that? Tips from regular fliers?

Comment

(ladyboyluva @ May 06 2009,00:43) Thanks heaps mm! Makes a lot of sense.

btw: While we're here talking about visas. I'm planning to go to PI for about 6 weeks soon. Locals have told me it's best to just come on the standard no-visa-required entry, then go to the local visa place a couple of weeks later and apply for the 59 day visa.

The main question is, will I have problems on entry if my air ticket is booked to return say 45 days later? Would they question that? Tips from regular fliers?
              Coming to this late - obviously - but if you see it, hope that it helps.

I have a US passport and have never been asked to show a return ticket when entering the Philippines.

If you have previous stays that show that you have not overstayed that would help even more according to some of my non-US friends.

I was fined 3K pesos once for overstaying my visa but then they let me go without any hassles.

Good luck....

Comment

... for extending your visa in the Phil. all u need is your passport, no return ticket, in fact I didn't even have to go, my gf took the documents to the immigration ofc in Angeles for me.. my 1st visit there I didn't get an extension in time & had to pay a fine, which AC2M stated correctly was around a 3k php; again i had the Swagman tourist ofc take care of that one for me & i forget what they charged me but it totaled over $100 after the xtra fees were added..   ..just make sure u go at least 1 week in advance for an extension in case u can't get it done the day u go in, I won't go into why but anyone who knows how the filipinos run govt. ofcs. there will understand; u might get in & out in less than 1 hr or spend hrs waiting!

..now the ? i have about a same sex partner visa for OZ, what I would like to know is how did Nancy from Pattaya get hers; seems like she became a superstar overnite & was snapped up & off to OZ before any of us had a chance to meet her.. how did she get her visa so quickly??  
                .. I'm not young enough to know everything, and not old enough to have done everything..

Comment

Just curious, as an American (though I haven't lived there in ten years), if the States offers same sex marriage visas now that it is legal in some states. I seriously doubt it, but it seems like it would be a common sense legal option since same sex marriage is legal in certain states. But this is America we are talking about, so I doubt it. Anybody know?
                  "I love the smell of Ladyboy in the morning, it smells like victory"  

Comment

On a federal level, the US does not recognize same sex marriage yet - but it may happen if the democrats can stay in power for a couple of terms.

You are right that some states recognize it - but there are only a few right now and doubtful many more will join unless there is federal recognition.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Working...
                    X