First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmas and New Year in Thailand

OK Folks Im just curious on this one.

It's looking like I shall be spending this Xmas and New Year in  

This  is something I've always wanted to do since my first visit to    back in July 2001 but unfortunately work has prevented this.

So my question is...

Where do you BM's that visit    for Xmas and New Year go and Why?

I am looking for some "Insights" Lads  

Myself personally will be looking to visit Phuket for Xmas to be present for Jimbo's Birthday Bash on Boxing Day and Ezy Bar in Pattaya for New Years Eve as these two bars are where I "enjoyed" and "chilled out" the most on my recent visit.

If this Poll has been done before please forgive me and a Mod can delete it and kick me in the "bollocks"  
    Bangkok
    0%
    Phuket
    0%
    Koh Samui
    0%
    Pattaya
    0%
    Hua Hin
    0%
    Other
    0%
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

im planning the same davie,
    but unsure when i'll hit patts, gf in tow, so maybe phuket for same reasons as yourself, then back to bkk when the little lady has to go back work on 4th/5th, then have last 5days in patts or might just take her with me if she behaving lol.
    or might just do the whole thing alone

stevie

Comment

i was once in phuket for xmas and the weather was perfect  not too sticky  but  at xmas it is packed with tourists

Comment

i agree bangla rd can be a pain in the ass on new years eve, but i expect walking street would be the same.
        but sat in a bar near the top of bangla down a little side soi with some of the most beautiful creatures on earth, you wouldnt even notice the hussle & bussle of bangla. only hear the fire works.

steviep

Comment

I voted Hua Hin but I'm the dullest person I know so just ignore me!

Comment

If you are taking - Hua Hin
            Not Ko Samui whether with or without - It often pours with rain

Pattaya is a great shit pit at the best of times, but at Christmas it is a shit pit with more tourists in the areas you want to play - who are drunker than usual.

Bangkok is busy and expensive.

My choice, with or without, would be Phuket for Christmas and after New Year, Bangkok.

(Who looks after the pub in high season???)

Comment

My cast would be for a Yuletide in Phuket followed up by a good old fashioned piss up in Pattaya for seeing in the bells across the world..................yeehar!

My idea of foreplay is getting my wallet out......

Comment

I'm one of those who is afraid to deviate from a good thing. so I go with the proven winner x-mas and New Years in Phuket.

2 years ago I tried X-mas Bangkok and then Phuket. I had a good time in BKK but it wasn't much different there than any other time to me anyway. Phuket seemed to get into the holiday aspect more and has the holiday feel. I don't mind the crowds so much, and can always escape that by hiding out with the ladyboys.

Last year was my best trip yet spending both in Phuket from December 23rd until jan 11th there. I got to BKK after and was actually cold at night for a while so I was missing the weather. I'm kind of soft when it comes to being cold, thus i live in warm climates as a rule.

You can't really go wrong anywhere in LOS. I guess if you were in a relationship an Island destination would be the best. However I would miss the ladyboy bar scene especially after finding out about the forum.

Good poll Dave

Comment

new year in bangkok
                  You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

(Stogie @ Jun. 22 2009,19:32) I voted Hua Hin but I'm the dullest person I know so just ignore me!  
                    Yes I know

Comment

(laputanegra @ Jun. 23 2009,00:15) new year in bangkok      
                      Can I join you Tan?

Comment

I had a good time in BKK but it wasn't much different there than any other time to me anyway
                        That pretty much somes it up nicely. Bangkok used to be terrific for the holidays until just a few years ago and is not so good now. It used to be both of those holidays closing time was lifted, now not anymore. It used to be the trains ran all night long on those days, not anymore. There used to be beer gardens that would spring up all over with live music and sexy girls in beer outfits, that's been banned too. The whole city used to be lit up like a christmas tree, but that has diminished as well. Bangkok is ok for the holidays, but it is just a shadow of what it used to be. If things continue on course these holidays will eventually become dry days.

Comment

I voted Pattaya, but Phuket would be a 2nd choice...since I've never been there for XMAS or NYE.
                          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jun. 23 2009,07:54)
                            (laputanegra @ Jun. 23 2009,00:15) new year in bangkok      
                            Can I join you Tan?  
                            sure bring your firecrackers
                            You Can Take Taneisha Out Of The Party, But You Can't Take The Party Out Of Taneisha  

http://imlive.com/_/0493/386493/SluttyTaneisha53628.htm

Comment

My LB girlfriend and I spent last Xmas and New Years on the island of Phi Phi (2 hour boat ride off of Phuket). Weather was great. many things to do, or do nothing at all and relax. The people were nice and friendly. We had a great time! Much better than the last time we spent last Xmas on Phi Phi...which was in 2004. Just happened to be there at the same time the tsunami swept over the island!!!! OOOOPS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X