X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Obi Wan.

I can't fucking believe I'll be there this time 2 weeks from now.....
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

• Excellent directions by Paccers.

But hopeless to find in reverse unless you already know it.

Comment

• i will just take taxi from my hotel as i get lost walking crossed the street.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
        General George Patton Jr

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Jan. 10 2011,10:02) I'll wave at Steff in the Boy Barz as I pass by.
          Steff is my new pal.     But he's the only guy I've ever met that brought a GG to Sunee Plaza.  

Don't worry, DT, he ain't completely fallen of the slippery slope . . .  

Yet . . .

Comment

• DT,

The way to Famous starting from Ezy that Paccie describes is complicated if you have not been shown it before. Rather than use Ezy as your start point use Walking Street.

1) Walk down WS until you see SOI 16 on your left. There is a street sign.

2) Take it and walk up towards Second Road. You will pass numerous bars including XZONE on your right.

3) Continue up SOI 16 until you come to Second road. When you arrive at the corner of Soi 16 and Second road you will be facing Hotel VC.

4) Cross Second road and take the Soi that is directly to the right of Hotel VC as you face it. Continue up this Soi (Soi VC).

5) As mentioned you will pass a number of gay like bars, salons, etc. mostly on your right side. Also on your right side will be two little sois leading into Sunee Plaza, a place I have recently become very fond of, but I digress. :-)

6) Continue up Soi VC and you will see the now familiar "FAMOUS" sign on your right. Enter at your own risk.

I would say the total walking time from the corner of Second road and Soi 16/VC would be about 3 to 4 minutes tops.

You can also start off at the corner of Second road and Pattaya Tai (south) like Paccie recommends. Walk until you see Hotel VC on your left then turn left up the Soi (VC)

Yes in two weeks you'll be there after a year of abstinence. Wow!!! Good for you and have a terrific time.

A year ago I had never been to Thailand, let alone Pattaya. Now I am giving directions like a Pattaya traffic cop. Go figure... :-)

Steff

Comment

• (deepthroat @ Jan. 10 2011,07:58) I too have "Shirley" on my to-do list, but I have her name down as "Cherry". Which is correct?
              I'm pretty sure she said Shirley. I asked her twice and got the same answer. Isn't there a song like that "A boy named Shirley"? Aaaaahhhh, no that's A boy named Sue.....see my soon to be updated TR; I'll post a few more of Ms. Shirley. Trust me she not a "Cherry"...Hawk

Comment

• Ah-hem...    I am sure Steff was with me the night I timed the walk from Famous to the VC Hotel at 7 minutes. And I remember he kept saying it wasn't more than 3 or 4 minutes to get there.

Obviously he wasn't paying attention...        

DT, you can look for Soi 16 or you can walk from EZY, one is no easier than the other but my way will be at least 5 minutes faster. I don't know how negotiating the walkway is complicated as you will see when you get there.

Yes, you do have to go left then right at the end but there is no other way to get out so it isn't like you can get lost. Walk it & you will see. Remember to turn left once you get to the end.

I am sure you are up for the challenge, getting to Famous is the easy part, getting out is the hard part...        
                Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

• (Hawkeye @ Jan. 10 2011,04:59)
                  (deepthroat @ Jan. 10 2011,07:58) I too have "Shirley" on my to-do list, but I have her name down as "Cherry". Which is correct?
                  I'm pretty sure she said Shirley.  I asked her twice and got the same answer.  Isn't there a song like that "A boy named Shirley"?  Aaaaahhhh, no that's A boy named Sue.....see my soon to be updated TR; I'll post a few more of Ms. Shirley.  Trust me she not a "Cherry"...Hawk
                  Funny about Her name as I know Her as Terri    

whatever Her name is She has a great bubbly personality and is just a delight to talk too.

Good to see you are back  on the rampage Hawk  
                  If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

• Yes I was with you Pacman and perhaps you are right about the 7 minutes. I thought it was from EZY to Famous that we timed and not from Second. But maybe. I do remember you complaining about how fast I walked though.

DT, if you follow Paccie's route call if you are still walking in circles after an hour.

Comment

• Its alright AB, I'll do a recce earlier in the night you arrive.

We want  this and that, we demand a share in that and most of that, some of this and phuckin' all of that...less of that and more of this and phuckin' plenty of this and we want it now....and the demands will all be changed so phuking stay awake!

Eats Roots and Leaves[I]

Comment

• A year ago I had never been to Thailand, let alone Pattaya. Now I am giving directions like a Pattaya traffic cop. Go figure... :-)

Ah Steff! The grasshopper grows up and is now the master of others destiny! We are so proud!
                        Seize the day because tomorrow is never promised!

Comment

• AB, you are use to following your foot prints in the snow.
                          TEXASMAC

Comment

• yes i am.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                            He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
                            General George Patton Jr

Comment

• I am just going to tape a 100 bhat note to my head and hold a sihn that says " Take me Famous Bar" seems easier.
                              TEXASMAC

Comment

• (BigTel @ Jan. 10 2011,20:35)
                                (Hawkeye @ Jan. 10 2011,04:59)
                                (deepthroat @ Jan. 10 2011,07:58) I too have "Shirley" on my to-do list, but I have her name down as "Cherry". Which is correct?
                                I'm pretty sure she said Shirley.  I asked her twice and got the same answer.  Isn't there a song like that "A boy named Shirley"?  Aaaaahhhh, no that's A boy named Sue.....see my soon to be updated TR; I'll post a few more of Ms. Shirley.  Trust me she not a "Cherry"...Hawk
                                Funny about Her name as I know Her as Terri    

whatever Her name is She has a great bubbly personality and is just a delight to talk too.

Good to see you are back  on the rampage Hawk  
                                Thanks BT, that certainly clears things up. Do you want to offer an alternate route to Famous Bar while you're at it?

I don't care about her name, it's that wide wide mouth that has me intrigued. Can't wait to see the tongue that hides within that cavern!!!!    

Thanks to everyone for the directions. Should be a piece of cake.

I'm packed and ready to go. Only 10 more sleeps before I leave.
                                Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

Working...
                                X