Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...you are right then Stoggie, none of these would fit that role and I have no idea who the younger up-and-coming actors are here; I would go with a Brit or Aussie first, they are much better actors than what we have here now... our young actors suck; they are over-hyped & over-rated!

..the only young actors that come to mind for this role would be Toby Mcguire or Matt Damon, that's about it..

...scene from Brian De Palma's 2002 movie 'FEMME FATALE'
    Attached Files

Comment

A good book to be sure and a must read for all who contemplate a relationship with a Thai bar girl. However, in my opinion, it gives a very jaded view and a one sided view. Are we to believe that all bar girls are like this particular one and all Farangs who get involved with them are as clueless as this schmuck?
      I prefer the book Thailand Fever as The number one source for accurate information about any Thai-Farang relationship. Until you have read this book at least twice you are clueless and your relationship is doomed from the start. You had better know from the start what is expected of you if you are indeed serious about a relationship with a Thai lady or ladyboy. Don't claim she was only after your money when you did not take the time to understand her view of what a committed relationship is in the Thai view.
      If you are just a sex tourist then these books are a waste of your time, you will get what you pay for, nothing more, nothing less. You are a source of income, a walking ATM who will leave and be replaced by another one.
      Never make the mistake of thinking that your idea of relationship is going to fly in Thailand, learn the hard facts, be honest with yourself and her, realize that taking care of her means just that. You will be paying her in cold hard cash and that's a fact. Your ability to show "naam jai" (juice of the heart) in other words, how generous you are to her and her family is all the counts in the end for her. If you are not prepared to do this, stay a sex tourist and go wild.
      If you think that my view is rather harsh then most of you really need to read Thailand Fever before you can comment. Ignorance of Thai ways is not an acceptable excuse for a discussion.

Comment

I wonder what the longest running relationship with a Thai LB is amongst everyone here, and I wonder how much suggested reading they did before they embarked on it
        When she walks, she’s like a samba
        That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

Pete's 37 years old guys...haven't hit the mark for the actor to play the part yet....Maybe Johnny Depp....

At any rate, it's certainly not Pulitzer Prize material but I down loaded it and I'll read it....

Just hope I don't see too much of myself lingering around in its pages....
          "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(PogueMahone @ Aug. 13 2006,04:29) A good book to be sure and a must read for all who contemplate a relationship with a Thai bar girl.  However, in my opinion, it gives a very jaded view and a one sided view.  Are we to believe that all bar girls are like this particular one and all Farangs who get involved with them are as clueless as this schmuck?  
            I prefer the book Thailand Fever as The number one source for accurate information about any Thai-Farang relationship.  Until you have read this book at least twice you are clueless and your relationship is doomed from the start.  You had better know from the start what is expected of you if you are indeed serious about a relationship with a Thai lady or ladyboy.  Don't claim she was only after your money when you did not take the time to understand her view of what a committed relationship is in the Thai view.  
            If you are just a sex tourist then these books are a waste of your time, you will get what you pay for, nothing more, nothing less.  You are a source of income, a walking ATM who will leave and be replaced by another one.  
            Never make the mistake of thinking that your idea of relationship is going to fly in Thailand, learn the hard facts, be honest with yourself and her, realize that taking care of her means just that.  You will be paying her in cold hard cash and that's a fact.  Your ability to show "naam jai" (juice of the heart) in other words, how generous you are to her and her family is all the counts in the end for her.  If you are not prepared to do this, stay a sex tourist and go wild.  
            If you think that my view is rather harsh then most of you really need to read Thailand Fever before you can comment.  Ignorance of Thai ways is not an acceptable excuse for a discussion.
            So true!!!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

Are we to believe that all bar girls are like this particular one and all Farangs who get involved with them are as clueless as this schmuck?
              Are you suggesting that relationships with bargirls are a good option for love-starved farangs, then?

They don't work and if you decide to start a relationship with a hooker then you probably ARE a 'schmuck' when there are loads of regular 'nice' girls to choose from!

Comment

Sorry, fellows, but I respectfully dissent. I think it's a terrible book and an embarrassment to all of us who live here.

First of all, it's just plain badly written, which is one of the reasons Leather couldn't get it published anywhere and had to print it himself. As I recall, the Nation's review said it was written at a level to appeal primarily to morons.

Far more important, however, the Caucasian 'hero' in the book behaves so badly, so clodishly, that everyone I know who read the book cringed in shame. The tale is primarily a revenge fantasy for sex tourists who came to Thailand and took leave of their common sense with the predictable result. If the revenge reads as truly heartfelt, it should. According to Leather, it all happened to him almost exactly the way he tells the story in the book.

Come to think of it, if you want to revel in a childish, immature, spiteful response to what happened to Leather when he came to Thailand, behaved like a complete prat, and got what he richly deserved, maybe you will enjoy the book after all. But I wouldn't brag about it.

Comment

I vote for Johnny Depp as Pete and Minerva as his ladyboy girlfriend / nemesis

Comment

Hi oldasiahand...

You've been lucky to meet mostly sane rational people here, but believe me there are thousands of weirdos living here who do EXACTLY what the poor fool does in this story!

I'm not making this up, either. Thailand is the dumping ground for loony-toons especially Brits who are running away from something or another!

Comment

Erm... not including me, though!

Comment

It is a good book but for newbies my vote goes too the
                        "MONEY STILL NUMBER ONE" By..Neil Hutchison..  
                        I have spoken too two bar girls who read the book and thay hate it...Becaus it is all  true.  
                        So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 13 2006,14:31)  Hi oldasiahand...

You've been lucky to meet mostly sane rational people here, but believe me there are thousands of weirdos living here who do EXACTLY what the poor fool does in this story!

I'm not making this up, either. Thailand is the dumping ground for loony-toons especially Brits who are running away from something or another!
                          I don't know how many people told me stories exactly like the plot in the book. I don't know how many guys wrote about their frustration being with bargirls on Stickmans site.
                          The book is a classic and a funny read!

MK
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

If you really think that Private Dancer is beyond reason then just check out the headlines for this local Pattaya newspaper!

Real news stories that you just can't make up!

If oldasiahand really lives here then I reckon it's in a bubble somewhere in The Grand Palace!

Comment

>> Erm... not including me, though!

Remitance man.

Comment

I think Newbies is the key word here. They fall for the traps because they dont know how the game is played. The best way to learn and understand everything about Thais is too spend time in the country, live in the country plus have some thai friends. Having said that you will only keep 1 or 2 out of 20 you meet as they move on to better things.

It is unfortunate that some poor souls see the Thai bar Girl as representative of all Thais which is really very shallow and misunderstood. I quite enjoy seeing them getting taken to the cleaners by the GG parade. Even with 25 years experience travelling and living in Thailand, having read all the books like Private Dancer etc......you still learn or discover something new about Thai life every week.

Stogie is right when he says there are hundreds if not thousands
                                of the desperate kind out there. They have a habit of finding you and telling you about there beautiful girlfriend, great sex and even met the family.......blah.......

I always ask them so what are you going to do when you go back home to your country. They usually say she told me I had to buy some gold or a ring as an engagement present to show I was serious and not a playboy. Ahhhhhh! Another five trips handing out money and then reality sets in......Ahhhh!

Another good man down. Good luck punters. The opening line is the best!
                                Go to the bar, pay bar fine, fuck her and sat goodbye!

Comment

Working...
                                X