Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of mine and I were just talking about this very subject the other day.  Out travails here in Thailand are shroud in secrecy, which is a real shame. But the reality is others do judge what they do not understand.

Great post, FL, which really resonates with me.  And that Seinfeld episide, along w/ the Soup Nazi, are two of my favorites.

p

Comment

Originally posted by (pistolero @ July 23 2005,04:44)
      ......But the reality is others do judge what they do not understand. .....

I think that sums it up rather succinctly.

Too old to die young!

Comment

Originally posted by (PigDogg @ July 23 2005,08:43)
        Hey, we're a minority, a real minority. But as bad as we may have it, imagine the discrimination that transgenders must face.
        From my personal experience, transgenders are the most discriminated against group of people in my country. My most current TG lady and I have had many discussions about the following and her disgust and disillusionment about the following issues is almost overwhelming:

1. The US government refuses to issue a passport to her with anything other than her male gender designation, even though she transitioned twenty years ago; has completely female credentials, documentation, and name; and is the most passable beautiful woman you would ever meet, completely stealth. They totally deny the grave danger she would be placed in to arrive at some country border with a male passport and a completely female appearance. You can get a "special" passport if you have a medical doctor vouch that you will be using it to go out of country to get cut and it's only good for six months.

2. She is petrified that she might get sick and be hospitalized with the possibility that her condition would be revealed to at the least the physician and possibly the entire staff. The ensuing deprecating remarks and attitudes would be nothing compared to the damage done should the truth make it back to her employer and friends. She has delayed medical care in the past because some physicians have such a negative attitude toward someone who has suffered so much with gender dysphoria that she changed her entire life to match her true gender.

3. The gay population is as bigoted and unfeeling toward transgender persons today as the general population used to be toward themselves. It is amazing that a group of people who used to be subject to such awful treatment could be so insensitive to another group of people who suffer in such a similar way.

Providing an emotional shoulder for your honey to lean on if she needs it is as important as the money you put in her pocket, whether she be a bar girl or someone completely outside the sex industry. These ladies have a tough row to hoe and we of all people who understand them best should be there for them. If all they and you are looking for is a quick roll in the sack, wonderful. But be tuned to the fact that they very well might be in need of something more, if only your company in the real world. It is so easy for them to feel like third class citizens with no good connections to a real life.

Pardon the soapbox but the whole subject has been pretty close to home here recently.

Comment

No Soup for YOU.
          Attached Files
          Bring on the bitches!

Comment

And there he is, the Soup Nazi, no less. I did stop by the real place (that the episode was created about) in NYC once and have to say, the soup was great!

Soup aside, insightful thread - always good to have a chance to sound out these issues every now and again.

Comment

Working...
            X