X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image size on the site!

Here's the deal... JaiDee and I have had an ongoing dispute now for a couple of years. He says the pics are fine the way they are. (After all - no one has actually complained so why change anything right?) Plus - if the images are bigger they take longer to download and the bandwidth charges go a bit higher.

The other point also is that if the picture is bigger you have to scroll up and down to actually see the damn thing! Some users may find that annoying. (Although there are various simp[le ways around this!)

I say that the difference between a picture that is 600 pixels wide and one that is 700 pixels wide is so much (in a good way) that we should do this to all of the shoots in the future. I personally don't mind scrolling up and down the page to see a larger clearer picture.

Well - once again this old chestnut raised its' ugly (and singularly nutty) head last night when me and the boss had a chinwag about the future direction of the site etc...

We did both agree, however, to raise the question on the forum to get more comments from you guys.

So... what do you guys reckon?

Please try to keep the opinions helpful and not to negative!

Stogie!
    Leave the image size alone' I hate scrolling'
    0%
    Leave them be. My connection is damn slow'
    0%
    I don't mind either way, really.
    0%
    Make them all bigger. Scrolling is OK'
    0%
    I never even noticed anything before'
    0%

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Dec. 05 2005,18:57)
    After all - no one has actually complained so why change anything right?
    I have complained about this!

I think they should be a lot larger.
    Maybe you have to scroll when look online, but when download they should be a lot bigger!

Now most have internet connection that can download bigger pictures and bigger videos.

And when you brougt it up, the videos.
    Why split them up? Ok if it was 600mb or something but.....

I would have enjoied the site a lot more if you could put higher qualety and bigger images.
    That goes for video to!
    Do not marry a Thai girl.
    Use for 3 days only!

Comment

Hello JD & Stogie,

A while ago when we could only get dial-up here I would have said 'leave it alone'.

This time I voted for 'not bothered either way' - not because that's what I think - I would love to see better quaility pics.
      Why? I now have adsl so when I download the pics (which I mostly do the larger file size will not matter.
      I really only look at them onsite to see if I want to download. Remember I ain't around much so have to take them away with me.

If you make changes someone will complain - if you don't make changes someone will tell you that you should    

Either way the quailty of the pictures and the shoots have improved noticably over the last couple of years.

As a bonus this is the only forum I could bother to look up, or participate in - take that as a compliment  

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

I agree with Wethair...
        in any case, I have a plug in in Firefox that fits the picture into the screen, so no qorries about scrolling.
        And, if i do download a pic, i would like it to have a pretty high resolution.
        It might not be fair to those who do not have broadband, but, seeing the braodband general penetration nowadays, I feel that it should not be a problem...
        My 2 cents worth.

Comment

Dare I suggest two duplicate sites - one for broadband - 3072x2048 piccies and one for dial-up with 600x400 piccies  

Can I also add that I would love to be able to download complete movies in a single clip rather than the 8-9 bits as we have do at the momment.
          Too old to die young!

Comment

Originally posted by (jellybean @ Dec. 06 2005,02:52)
            Can I also add that I would love to be able to download complete movies in a single clip rather than the 8-9 bits as we have do at the moment.
            Hello Jellybean,

That idea crossed my mind before now.

RR.
            Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
            Kahuna

Comment

Originally posted by (Road Runner @ Dec. 06 2005,03:49)
              Can I also add that I would love to be able to download complete movies in a single clip rather than the 8-9 bits as we have do at the moment.
              Hello Jellybean,

That idea crossed my mind before now.

RR.
              And please give us some better picture qualety to.....
              Do not marry a Thai girl.
              Use for 3 days only!

Comment

Dare I suggest two duplicate sites - one for broadband - 3072x2048 piccies and one for dial-up with 600x400 piccies  

Can I also add that I would love to be able to download complete movies in a single clip rather than the 8-9 bits as we have do at the momment.
                From a Webmaster point of view making a duplicate site or having to upload 2 sets of the same photo in different sizes seems like allot more work... however there are PHP MySQL based programs that can do all this hard work on the server. The Webmaster just uploads the one large sized photo and the server would resize it for dialup members. So the members would have a choice of Broadband or Dialup.

Comment

I voted for BIGGER only because I Like saying the word BIGGER. Makes me HOT.
                  The Website is really well designed AS IT IS ! I really could care LESS the Gallery Pictures are Larger, What I REALLY WANT is an INCREASE in Height x Width to POST in this FORUM with more mb's too. I am into Morphing Photos now but I am at my wits end trying to Post my finished products because I am unable to create Ladyboys Morphing into Managable Upload sizes. MY GIFF files can only get down to approx. 250 x 250 . I am using a program called; MORPHEUS. BUT then again, I am an Amature P.C. graphics artist whos just to Lazy to pick up a book, I'd rather piss myself off a 1000 times before I figure it out on my own. Fucking Stubborn Irishmen I am.
                  My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

I vote for more pics per set....LOL....sets too small......

Comment

Depends who the pictures are of. If they are of Mirimark then 1x1 invisible gif would be appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by (ozzie @ Dec. 06 2005,19:35)
                        Depends who the pictures are of. If they are of Mirimark then 1x1 invisible gif would be appropriate      
                        People with Anal Warts need Love Too. Besides, I never post my pic's when my warts are OooooZing.
                        My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

Definetly- Stogie my vote goes for bigger and larger posts you guys are doing the best job but a big hassle is not having the video clip download as one complete set.Your absolutly right in asking our opinion and that is big positive thanks for listening.-Wethair is right!

Comment

Hey Stogie,
                            Iam never one to complain, especially about a site as good as this. But as you asked, larger pictures would be an improvement and larger video clips would make this site perfect.
                            Pussy Stinks

Comment

Since I have broadband and wireless Stogie, I have no problems

Even the forum downloads are good quality
                              incher

Comment

Working...
                              X