X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other websites - rivals or friends ?

After JaiDee has told the story about this Website i was thinking how you guys think about the other Websites (talking about the Asian Ladyboys Sites only ).
    For the Webmasters i want to ask if you know the other guys and if their are friends or enemys.
    I know that JaiDee dosn't like the Apeman but what about the standing to the other Sites.
    For the member's her i want to ask what they think about the Other Websites.
    For me it's great to have 3 Major Sites to have a look at different Models (not allways i know ) and different styles of the sites.

as I mentioned in your other post I think we get along pretty well with the guys from LB2 and ASXXX; I have met Seanchi several times and consider him a friend, and I have been in correspondance with Yinyang and on the fone and he seems like a great guy also. Have never met the guys from the hairy guys site but I would prefer not to; I think the way they degrade the ladyboys is horrible and it would be fine with me if we never crossed paths.

I don't want to be an advertisement for any other sites here but there have been 2 or 3 other webmasters from ladyboy sites who I have been in correspondance with and they all seem like good guys as well. I think it's better in this business to be nice and friendly with people than to try and have one-upmanship and talk trash about their websites. That is another thing that Seanchi from LB2 taught me early on; be friendly amongst the competition. Sure, we chat up the site outside to help attract customers, but ALL sites do that, it's very common. truthfully, as long as other websites are fair with the girls and are fair with us here, I wish them luck and hope for the best for them.

Comment

Good to hear that you don't fight each other because it makes no sense.
      And i can tell you one thing i have a good relation to "Yin" and he told me that "Patrick" does a marvelous job finding the Models and it is sad that he isn't working for him
      But i was not asking for Patrick because he wants that Patrick changes the sites, i just was asking for him becasue i did see him in Casacade Bar
      So you see that he thinks the best of you guys too

Comment

Webmasters can be too territorial. I certainly don't give a rats arse. I haven't been to the other sites and I simply don't have time to go either. Good luck to them all.

I have always regarded competition of any kind as a good thing. The worse sites are the ones that stay the same year in and year out.

If a webmaster really is serious about making a living in this business he's constantly changing and adjustng and tweaking his site.

People get bored quickly and 95% of people with a problem or a suggestion don't complain - they just leave. I wish everyone in business understood that.

Right now we offer a good deal. With the new look of the main site we are finally getting there. (Still a long way to go, but a start has been made.)

Same with the forum. Forums take years and years to establish. No forum communities happen overnight.

I'll be around as long as the boss wants me and I feel like we are never a tired and jaded boring old site.

Comment

Funny you should say that Seanchai gave you the advice to not bag the other websites. I bet this advice came after you had achieved a degree of success because when you started, he posted a link to your site saying how pathetic it was and that people attempting to copy him were only going to fail blah blah blah.........

In fact the reason I am no longer a member of his site is because of his forum, and I say HIS forum because that is exactly how he runs it....all posts are edited and screened and if not in agreement with his ideas then....deleted.

I never posted on his forum because it is basically a series of middle aged men licking his ass and telling him how wonderful he is.....anything to the contrary is quickly deleted.

Whilst there is an increasing amount of ass licking occuring on this forum....the criticisms and shortfalls are addressed and remain for everyone to read.

Good job JD (lick, lick!)

Comment

well, like all  webmasters  he was probably hoping that this site would fail  and  we are lucky that never happened,  but most do.    I don't read his forum but  as I say he has always been fair with me and that is all I can go by.

'ass-licking'  really has no place here, and Stogie would be the first person to tell you that; he hates  too many patronizing posts and I do as well.  It's nice to be  thanked for a job well-done but  it's also OK to have criticism up here or controversial posts now and then, and even if I don't agree with what is being said and it may make me cringe we  still leave it for the world to see.  

hang around here for a while and you will see that we are usually pretty fair  and open-minded  about most things, and let most things slide.

Comment

Originally posted by
              Whilst there is an increasing amount of ass licking occuring on this forum....the criticisms and shortfalls are addressed and remain for everyone to read.
              This forum is just about unmoderated. I can't think of the last time we edited or actually deleted a post. It just doesn't happen.

(Except for that controversial tit Jon... had to dump a bunch of his crap!)

As you say - there is a certain amount of backslapping here, but I also encourage the people with negative comments to have their say also. It's not an issue of personalities and we all want what is best for the members and the site.

I think that the bossman draws the line at posting links to rival sites. That's a fair cut-off point.

The reason we started the Virtual Bar on the forum is that as we started to get busier some of the goofy stuff was getting in the way of the more mainstream ladyboy issues.

Now we have a couple more forums including Mr Lonely and th NFL football forum, we have a fair amount of diverstity.

The man who runs the show knows that I'll have nothing to do with a shitty moderated forum where opinions are not posted if they don't toe the line.

Actually we are very lucky - we don't have the trolls and twats that many forums have.

I'd really like this forum to be a freethinking paradise for all ladyboy lovers regardless of whether or not they subscribe to the site.

I used to post as BritAMex on a forum years ago, but was constantly getting booted off for not toeing the line. Twats - their forum is fucking dead!

While we aren't in the same league as NanaPlaza.com forum we do have a really cool and diverse bunch of fellas cheking in...

If you have got something to dsay - never be afraid of saying it here...

Stogie Bear!

Comment

the only reason we would edit or delete a post would be if it intrudes on someones personal life [which they would prefer to remain OFF of a public forum]. the only other time I can think of something being deleted was about a year ago when 2 or 3 guys were letting May from Pattaya have it with unsubstantiated claims about her being in the "mafia" and other useless crap.

I really don't see too much 'ass-licking' going on either, to be honest. if people say they like a certain photo spread or the way we do things around here, that seems to be equally balanced with "how come the gallery of X was fucked up today?" or "haven't we seen enough of that ugly skag Y yet?" or similar stuff. criticisms, patronizing, congrats, inflammatory statements.....all are welcome here, even if sometimes it's not always what we want to see.

Comment

an example of the new "competition"....this is  a  site I found in my research.   hasn't been updated  since  July and it's already september 4th;  they just opened in May but it's obvious they won't be around long, especially  with that $29.95  join price; ludicrous considering this one is still 19 and has  about  40 times the content of this site.

again, until someone   can raise  50 grand and start a site with at least 200 or more ladyboys, videos, a  forum, and girls from countries other than Thailand, we feel pretty secure in our position with the other 2  top ladyboy sites mentioned.

New site,  similar to all the other failures in recent years

Comment

Originally posted by (JaiDee @ Sep. 03 2004,13:05)
                    as I mentioned in your other post I  think we  get along pretty well with the guys from LB2 and ASXXX;  I  have met Seanchi several times and consider him a friend, and I have been in correspondance with Yinyang  and on the fone and he seems like a great guy also.  Have never met the guys from the hairy guys site but I would prefer not to; I think the way they degrade the ladyboys is horrible  and it would be fine with me if we never crossed paths.

I don't want to be an advertisement for any other sites  here but there have been 2 or 3 other webmasters from ladyboy sites who I have been in correspondance with and they all seem like good guys as well.  I think it's better in this business to be nice and friendly with people than to try and have one-upmanship  and talk trash about their websites.  That is another thing that Seanchi from LB2 taught me early on;  be friendly amongst the competition.   Sure, we chat up the site outside to help attract customers, but ALL sites do that, it's very common.   truthfully, as long as  other websites are fair with the girls and are fair  with us here,  I wish them luck and hope for the best  for them.
                    In all my years in the biz.. (eh, only about 5 really) I would completely agree with you... I have promoted many genres of websites, but the one I know most (facial) from what I have seen, the two best sites are great friends... and they BOTH do really well.

Thats the thing, Jai Dee... When you have GREAT SITE, you don't HAVE to worry about competition.. The customer will see your site, and say, "Wow.. Maybe I already joined XXXX site.. but this site LOOKS AWESOME.. Im going to join it TOO."

And there is nothing wrong with BOTH websites getting a join. Its good for everyone involved... You, your competition AND the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by (stogie bear @ Sep. 03 2004,17:38)
                      Right now we offer a good deal. With the new look of the main site we are finally getting there. (Still a long way to go, but a start has been made.)
                      Thats an understatement... THIS SITE for under 20 bucks is without a doubt the best deal on the net... When I first came here, I thought "man... why isnt this guy charging 29.95 per month?" Seriously.. The average price for an adult website these days is much closer to 30 than it is 20... And this site has high quality ORIGINAL content.. And A LOT OF IT...

Without a doubt... Quite a deal.

Comment

had great experience w/one other site for $24&got personal phone help while in Thailand&joined here sight unseen because of yearly deal i signed for&no complaints!except for one lb who got my email from here&kept telling me fuck you until i finally had to add her as spam.but for $99.95 a year thats not even a speed bump!!!emailed for help to find what i wanted&got double sized AAA service!

Comment

Originally posted by (Guest @ Sep. 04 2004,14:42)
                          Funny you should say that Seanchai gave you the advice to not bag the other websites. I bet this advice came after you had achieved a degree of success because when you started, he posted a link to your site saying how pathetic it was and that people attempting to copy him were only going to fail blah blah blah.........

In fact the reason I am no longer a member of his site is because of his forum, and I say HIS forum because that is exactly how he runs it....all posts are edited and screened and if not in agreement with his ideas then....deleted.

I never posted on his forum because it is basically a series of middle aged men licking his ass and telling him how wonderful he is.....anything to the contrary is quickly deleted.

Good job JD (lick, lick!)
                          Hello Guest, (whoever you may be)

I'm one of about 12-20 members who were originally posting on the LB2 forum (apogies JD).

We all (en mass) decamped to Jaidee's forum because Seanchai had some sort of paddy and started editing HIS forum to edit out the things he did not like.
                          I do not remember seeing anything that put down Seanchai, his forum, website, or others in general. That was his decision at the time.

I remained a member of Seanchai's website for some time after everyone else had left. I did make comment's about it's increasing levels of censorship and lack of usabilty.
                          After banging my head against a 'brick wall' for some time I finally gave up.

I've said my piece on this forum and even told Stogie I will happily disagree with him when I feel like it.

I'm still here - and I'll hapily buy JD (and even Stogie   ) a beer when I see them. I'll still say what I think - wether they like it or not!

RR.  
                          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                          Kahuna

Comment

Before I found ATS I use to hang out over at LB2 as just a member. One day I added my comments to a thread about broken links in the LB2 sites pages. (these are link that when you click on them they don't work) All I posted was "yes i'm seeing the same thing as you joe" just trying to help the webmaster over there out and what thanks did I get? I got KICKED OUT! Yeah Seancha banned me. That was totally uncalled for... here I try to help them and got shit on.. no need for that or being a little Hitler.

So I found my new home at ATS and Stogie and JaiDee appreciated my technical help and what do you know a year later I€™m the forums Director of Technical Operations.

Comment

I think this forum is better than the rest of the site!!!
                              jeffreyscott

Comment

Working...
                              X