X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stogie,

seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Originally posted by
      Quote (Stewart @ Jan. 07 2006,17:18)
      When I was in Bangkok last week staying at Omni Towers, having a coffee in the Omni coffee bar, I read that there was someone murdered in Omni just recently.

I was reading this tut-tutting, then realised where I was......fuck me, maybe it was the room I was staying in!!

My info regarding this incident is that the victim was a Dutchman in his 50's, a long-time resident of Thailand .......... CCTV footage from the camera located at the entrance to the elevators led police to believe that his murderer was probably an LB whom he took to his apartment. He was choked to death.
      That was not what the Thai newspaper I was reading said. It mentioned his long time girlfriend that stayed with him at Omni, with whom he had been seen to have frequent rows
      Mister Arse

Comment

everyone onhere has given a lot of very factual info concerning thailand and the philippines!...i am not a religious
        guy,but there is aquote in the "good book" tht goes like this:
        "god is not mocked"...for whatsoever a man soweth,so that he shall also reap"..this is as true today,as when it was put down on paper 2,000 years ago!..people are people!..generally
        if you treat them with respect this will be returned to you in kind!...NO MATTER WHERE YOU TRAVEL!..."don't worry be happy"..."

--------------in other words stumble around with a mr. starter kit on and your money hanging out it's on you

Comment

Originally posted by (noodles @ Jan. 13 2006,11:46)
          everyone onhere has given a lot of very factual info concerning thailand and the philippines!...i am not a religious
          guy,but there is aquote in the "good book" tht goes like this:
          "god is not mocked"...for whatsoever a man soweth,so that he shall also reap"..this is as true today,as when it was put down on paper 2,000 years ago!..people are people!..generally
          if you treat them with respect this will be returned to you in kind!...NO MATTER WHERE YOU TRAVEL!..."don't worry be happy"..."

--------------in other words stumble around with a mr. starter kit on and your money hanging out it's on you
          I am 100% Athiest, but like you say the words are true enough, I watch so many tourist horde & drunken louts treat the locals badly, it almost makes me weep. I have very few real problems on my numerous travels, & i would like to think its because I try to treat the locals respectfully. we are guests in there country at the end of the day.
          Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Ditto to above. Treat all with gentility and kindness, accept their hospitality and treat them well and you will have no problems. Get silly drunk, act stupidly and you will get all you deserve.

If you want a lager-fuelled, drug induced holiday then go to resorts that cater for that like Thalaraki or Ibiza and indulge.

Enjoy Asia for ALL that it has to offer and accept their culture.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

realizing that you are in a "capital starved country" with
              poverty on a scale that is difficult to imagine would make one have a tendency to be cautious,especially when dealing with the locals. try to do the "right thing" when you are there,be respectful,friendly,put on a well meaning smile,and i seriously
              doubt the filipino will "fuck" with you!..."fuck" with them,insult
              them,and generally act like a "fuckhead",and suffer the consequences of your actions!..not unlike ANY where else in the world!.dress casually,DON'T throw a lot of money around
              and generally try to "blend"..and you will ok!.common sense
              goes a long way!
              john taylor

Comment

I have visited the Philippines alot, probably more than 60 times over the years & only had problems a couple of times, & I would say that was being a little too adventurous in the south & I was robbed at gun point by an airport taxi driver. ( in the days when all taxi's were yellow & white. ) Nothing other than that.

It sits second only to Thialand in my favoured destinations, closely followed perhaps by Brazil, Dom Rep & Venuzuela.

So many places, so many hot GG's / LB's / TS's / TV's just so little time !!
                Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Rob69in,

Happen to have similar views on places to go and how to carry on while you're there. Your listing the Dominican Republic surprised me, knowing a little about the other side of that island. Can't help but think Stogie might have a different opinion of the Philippines if he spent some time in Haiti...but probably not...I remember how I used to feel about my shit list. Anyway, I enjoy some of the ironies of life on the planet Earth...where an atheist can do his penance in a city named after a saint.(Santo Domingo)

Comment

BTW, Rob69in, did you have any luck with lbs/ ts in the caribbean?

Comment

Skooter,

there are quite a few TV more than TS in the Dom Rep, they even have there own devoted website similar to AsianTS. I have stayed at the Sosua Palace in Sosua, a few times, & while there is a bit of non tolerance for you going with TV's I never had any real problems & some knew where to go anyway, ( ST Motel / Hotel ). Language was the main problem, but they know why you are there & on the whole the experiences were pretty good. The girls do not seem to mind you going with TV's / TS's in fact 1 actually joined in. But not spent a massive amount of time there. My visits have been relatively short only about 5 days at a time, & never felt overly safe.
                         I also managed a few days in Santo Domingo, that was worse than Sosua in my opinion safety wise, but managed to find a semi friendly taxi driver who took me to an area full of TV & TS, but it was difficult due to language problems.  
                         The immigration & customs officials where the biggest problem!!
                          I have not tried any of the other Carrabian countries. I had a few nights in Havana, Cuba, & I spoke to some of the girls, who said there are a few TV / TS there, but I personally did not see any.

Happy Hunting        
                      Robin

Comment

I have lived in Cebu now for over 2 years with my LB wife. It is a great place and far safer crime wise than London.

Comment

Working...
                        X