• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True point about the money management Ziggy
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

greatand informative posts by all!..as pointed out,it is easy to get carried away emotionally by these people.both the filipinos
      and the thais have a penchant for being smooth,crafty,and easy to get along with.it is rooted in their culture,and especially so in the philippines.it is embarrasing to them to be
      confrontational,and they will risk losing face in front of others
      that being said,to promote smooth interpersonal relations they will do just about anything to prevent hard feelings WHETHER THEY MEAN IT OR NOT!,ESPECIALLY WHERE MONEY
      IS INVOLVED!..if you get involved emotionally,you MUST take the time to REALLY know what they are really like,and WHAT they are REALLY thinking.IF they really like you,then they will
      reveal their true selves to you,but ONLY if they think you are something OTHER than a dollar bill!.their ability to "play" you if you will is a learned trait,as a direct result of their country's
      political climate.(everybody scamming everybody!)and the dire economical predicament they are in!..as another poster said,they could care "two shits" what YOU think as a westerner,to them it is a survival tecnique!...nothin" personal
      just deal with it,and LEARN,AND UNDERSTAND!...KEEP THE DOORS OF THE BANK CLOSED!....
      john taylor

Comment

Originally posted by (ziggystardust @ Jan. 21 2006,18:00)
        Money management is not a LB skill!
        So, Ziggy: can we set up a mutual investing fund for the LB's? Invest for them in real-estate or other cash cows?

Xamoja

Comment

your money do what you want with it!!!for me whatever girl or LB is w/me when i leave,comes w/me to say goodbye at Don Muang gets whatever Baht is left in my pocket!4-8,000 Baht usually!so i get on the plane w/no regrets&she walks away w/a nice smile on her face!just my way of leaving Thailand!

Comment

Well if a guy has spare cash and chooses to invest it in tipping prostitutes to give himself a sense of being a saviour thats his perogative , maybe its not the prostitute being helped so much as it is the increased feeling of self worth for the tipper.
             At the end of the day,if the money is expendable,and causes the tipper to feel better about himself ,then I suppose he is getting some form of return on his investment.
             If the money is not given as an investment but more of a charity,then open your eyes, there are a lot more worthy causes around , both in the Kingdom and at home , more deserving of charity than these hookers.

Comment

Sure a lot of people around here who worry about how others dispose of THEIR money!!!

Comment

Originally posted by (tropical @ Jan. 22 2006,05:36)
                 At the end of the day,if the money is expendable,and causes the tipper to feel better about himself ,then I suppose he is getting some form of return on his investment.
                The bottom line is that in life we should ONLY do what it pleases us to so. Provided it doesn't harm others of course. No matter what we do, if it makes us happy then we live somehow better and with no regrets.
                Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by
                  Sure a lot of people around here who worry about how others dispose of THEIR money!!!        
                  The original poster starting the topic was asking the forum for its views on the matter of sending cash,obviously there will be different interpretations on this subject,both positive and negative but neither wrong nor right.
                   I havent perceived anyone as loosing sleep or worrying about how another person is disposing of their cash,merely people offering their views on the subject.
                     The fact that you drag some poor hooker to the airport to give your ego a boost when she would probably rather go home and sleep or catch up with friends,doesnt present yourself as a philanthropist,merely someone who is getting rid of their pocket change.

Comment

dont DRAG anyone to the airport,has nothing to do with philanthropy&would never refer to any of them as "hookers"!the amount is hardly pocket change&im sure they love you for your disrespectful attitude!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X