X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the above post 100%  

Although the bars are now open till 2 again!

Comment

Dinger,

Just take a cab from the airport to your hotel. May not be the cheapest option, but it's easy to do. Yes, stay in the Nana area. Where to stay depends on your budget. There is something for every price range. Hit my link below for some hotel reviews. It's a little outdated, but still pretty accurate.

Rates do go down in the off season.... but it's not material. Any time you can get there....go!! You'll have a great time.

Lotusman

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 30 2006,02:03) Although the bars are now open till 2 again!  
        2AM again? why is that are they protesting against Taksin's régime?

Comment

I think its 2am, but haven't checked, also some of the bars in Soi Cowboy are now "showing" again - girls completely naked. Looks like the authorities got bored or bribed or something.
          "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

Lotusman, thanks for the info with the link. It looks to that it is best to stay very close to NEP, although the hotels over $60 look very nice.

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 30 2006,09:13) now "showing" again - girls completely naked
              Funny how all this is happening now with the fall of Taksin. You don't think there's a connection? I mean it was Taksin's régime that cracked down on the bars and closing times and all the nakedness in BKK and the Pussies shooting Ping Pong balls.... Pop-pop! oh there goes one now!

Comment

I have no sympathy for the dolts who run these bars. They are empty for a reason and the reason is that they are aimed at tourists but run by idiots.

If you like noisy, hot, overpriced, aggresively staffed, dis-honest, seedy shit-pits then you'll love them.

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 30 2006,11:18) I have no sympathy for the dolts who run these bars. They are empty for a reason and the reason is that they are aimed at tourists but run by idiots.

If you like noisy, hot, overpriced, aggresively staffed, dis-honest, seedy shit-pits then you'll love them.
                  noisy, hot, seedy shit-pits I like

overpriced, aggresively staffed, dis-honest I don't like.

That's one thing about Pattaya over Bangkok... I never had one problem in a bar in Pattaya. It's way more laidback and fun in Pattaya,,, OK Bangkok has its good points too but if I had a choice I would live in Pattaya (Jomtien)

Comment

I agree with you about Pattaya. Apart from those horrible Mafia run truck-buses Pattaya is a much better place to spend your leisure time.

But live there? Are you insane?  

I'd be pushing myself off a 10th floor balcony in no time!  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 30 2006,11:54) But live there? Are you insane?

I really like Pattaya, and I seem to be going every other weekend these days. But the idea of living there...yeeesh.

The buses in Pattaya don't bother me, its the ones in Phuket that drive me fucking crazy, 100 Baht to go 4 blocks, 300 Baht to go from one beach to another. I thought it was just a rip off for tourists, but my Thai friends who live there bitch about it also.

The girls at Cowboy may have been naked, but they were old, plump and bored out of their minds. The action in Pattaya was MUCH better.
                      "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Bam @ Mar. 30 2006,05:12) Funny how all this is happening now with the fall of Taksin.
                        Hello Gents,

I suspect this is a temporary blip.

Normally the police are keen to keep the bars under control because they have a politician chasing their arse.
                        At the moment the politicians are too busy looking after their own arses.

When Taksin's bunch get back in - and I fully believe it's when not if - then I think we'll be back to 1 am and and bikinis

I preferred Phuket over Pattaya - but yes for Thailand it's overpriced.

RR.
                        Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                        Kahuna

Comment

(Snick @ Mar. 30 2006,03:13) ...... Looks like the authorities got bored or bribed or something.
                           I bet the multimillion dollar corporations that own and operate the shops in Siam Square can afford to pay a lot more tea money for the police to protect their property than a nana bar owner can pay them to look the other way
                          Too old to die young!

Comment

To me it seems easy to make these bars much more customer friendly.
                            Better music for the farang - we really don't want to listen to techno pop all night so we have 1 drink, grab a girl and leave.
                            Half price BF after midnight - this would cut out us leaving early and waiting outside.
                            Get some lighting that makes the place look better not worse.
                            Offer drink deals = half price lady drinks from 10-12
                            Is it really that difficult?
                            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Working...
                            X