Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(ziggystardust @ Apr. 22 2006,17:48) It has a much larger effect if taken before puberty (14 in males, not 9-10).
    Hello Ziggy,

While I realise that there is a wide variation individuals as to the age at which puberty starts. It is certainly the case that the majority of male children are starting to show the first signs of changes around the age of 11-12 years.   ie. growth in size of testicles, increased hormone production, increased sweating and less commonly the first growth of pubic hair.

I do agree that the major changes occur around the age of 14-16  -  but by this stage from a ladyboy's point of view by then  'the damage has been done'.

The starting age seems to have quite a large variation and I believe is affected by genetics, racial origin, diet and it can also be delayed by illness.

I have no personal experience  -  but I have seen numerous comments to the effect that many Tx's in South America start taking hormones around the age of 9-10.
    They would I guess escape some of the effects of 'male' puberty.

From limited experience I believe that Thai ladyboys generally start later.  However there appears to be no control of the sale of hormones in Thailand so I am not sure of the reason(s) for this.

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

(stogie bear @ Apr. 22 2006,09:13) I loved my first time - it really was like having sex for the first time except 100 times better! I remember every touch and kiss!
      Uh, but Stogie, weren't you alone the first time?
      Bring on the bitches!

Comment

Interesting what the speech pathologist said. Just wanted to know, why is that few women have a stammer problem? That speech defect/impediment usually affects men. Likewise few women die from fatal heart attacks compared to men

BTW...

I thought you might all be interested to know. My GF is a speech pathologist. She says there is no scientific physical reason why womens voices are higher than mens.

Their vocal cords are slightly smaller, but in proportion to their overall smaller bodies (on average). There is no difference between the vocal cords of a woman and small man of the same size.  

The main cause seems to be social affect, and the probable reason is social bonding. Higher pitched voices draw attention and focus, and are soothing. For thousands of years, women have instinctively spoken to babies in high pitch. Experiments show that babies respond more to, and will favor high pitched voices

Speaking to other women and to men in similar fashion serves as a soothing social glue. Thousands of years of this had led to women socially learning and adapting to how they "should" talk.

Comment

Is it your GF's contention that males consciously change their voices as they enter puberty? If the change is not biochemically driven, it would seem to me a young boy could change his voice at age 8 or retain the feminine voice until he was well into his 30's. It is a puzzlement.

Comment

Several interesting things here!

I just read a nice night-time read on the endorcrine system that says males voices change at puberty, rapidly and dramatically as a result of testosterone re-balancing. So I don't understand the 'same vocal tract' comment, but it is very interesting thought.

On the puberty hormones thing, I would imagine 'when' they take them is all over the map. A key factor for these rural girls is cost! They have no money! I imagine if we asked, we'd get every answer in the book.

Comment

Working...
            X