X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the numbers game.

The top girl in Cascades, Nong, does 36 per month.

Once you get to about no.10 in Cascades, you're at about 10 month.

Many girls don't hit their quota of 7 per month.

Most tourists do 1-2 per day, far more than the girls on a daily basis, but not on a yearly basis.

As sex workers, they know how to stay clean. Many tourists are dumb fucks, and so the tourists are far more dangerous for sex diseases than the professional lady bar girls is my guess.

Comment

Hello Hoddeson99,

I think the question you are trying to ask is  -  'Am I exploiting these people?'

I'm sorry to say that in any situation where one party earns considerably more than another this can and often does happen.
      In the west we call it business and we have unions to try to stop it from getting out of hand  

An office/shop worker in Thailand gets about 12000 Baht/month and a factory worker up to 20000 Baht/month. This is for 10-12 hour days! It works out as 40-50 Baht/hour.
      I know these figures are right  -  this is about what 'Herself's' relatives/friends get.

A sex worker has to hang around for about 6 hours each day in the bar and gets about 7000 Baht/month for this.
      They get a customer from 5-30 times per month for which they get about 1500-4000 Baht each time.

On top of this your 'exploitation' injects large amounts of foreign currency into the Thai economy.

In short  -  don't worry about it  -  go there and enjoy yourself!

RR.
      Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
      Kahuna

Comment

RoadRunner, you would be proud of me as after 5 wks I raised the GNP of Thailand. Along with a whole bunch of others I plan to continue giving them raises in July-Aug, hell I just may stay there this year instead of next. I still have to get to Mommas to collect dinner from Stogie. I was raising the GNP on his last call. Shit, should of cut out and gone then. Oh, well! See this to made me think, of more sexx.

incher

Comment

(Road Runner @ May 21 2006,05:18) I think the question you are trying to ask is - 'Am I exploiting these people?'
          ... reminds me of the old Lubitch movie "Ninotchka" when Garbo asks a porter whether he suffers from exploitation, and he responds "it depends on the tip"

Comment

(69billy @ May 20 2006,22:09) Most I did was 20 in 1 week
            If one girl do 2000 a year....Just say, if there is 50.000working girls in LOS wich is much more then that, 2000x50000=100,000,000 fuckers in LOS a year ?No way...Who the fuck comes up with this #s.....
            ... that's a whole lot of shakin' goin' on ...

Yup, Billy, a little back of envelope calculation reveals the idiocy of these numbers. In my own experience most girls want to spend the night, and I've had some who have found out where I'm staying, and hit on me after hours at the hotel. I can't imagine this kind of behavior if they're fending off 20 customers a week. I would guess that a lot of these girls are having problems reaching their 7 a month quota (I hadn't heard about this, but it make sense)

Comment

Folks - if you are reading this - please ignore all the facts and figures and listen ONLY to the opinions.

The facts range from the doubtful to the truly bizarre!

Factory workers making 20K a month? Girls fucking 2,000 customers a year? Doctors telling ladyboys to "rest your arse!" 70% of prostitution in Thailand is domestic?

I've never heard such rubbish in my life.

Ziggy is the only poster so far who comes close to getting his numbers correct.

Comment

(Groundhog @ May 21 2006,03:46) when Garbo asks a porter whether he suffers from exploitation, and he responds "it depends on the tip"

Factory workers making 20K a month?
                Hello Stogie,

I may be able to get you a job. It's building motorbikes in the SW part of Bangkok - bit far to commute for you though.

He works 10 hours a day + 2 hours overtime = 12 hours x 6 days per week.  He could work 7 days but the money is OK without.
                Can't remember the pay rate exactly but he gets about 20000 per month  -  I think it's actually 19700-19800.

That's about 65/hour - good money for Thailand.

I don't need to remined you how many motorbikes there are.

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

BTW,

Anyone fancy a job away from the rat-race of Bangkok.

Pay rate for a shop worker outside Bangkok about 3-4000 per month.
                  Farm labourer 4000 per month - that is when you can get work - it's Very seasonal.

Working on the road about 3500-4500 per month and guaranteed through the year.  It's bloody hard work though.
                  I know two ladyboys who did this before working in a bar - I think they would sooner have the 2000 customers per year.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Doctors telling ladyboys to "rest your arse!"
                    Maybe the doctor meant rest your arse on my lap.

When she walks, she’s like a samba
                    That swings so cool and sways so gentle

Comment

(gunslinger @ May 21 2006,18:55)
                      Doctors telling ladyboys to "rest your arse!"
                      Maybe the doctor meant rest your arse on my lap.

... that's be 1500 B

Comment

Well, I employ 3 people. My maid, whom I overpay, works 7*24*365 and get 9,000 per month. More typical is 4-8,000, but I work her hard, and I want her to never leave. At 9,000, she'll never, ever leave.

The average for a girl in mall is 7,000 per month, 6 days, 10 hrs/day, in Bangkok.

If you get outside Bangkok, take about half that.

Only in their dreams do factory workers get 20,000 / month, try maybe 4,000 or even less.

I agree with Stogie, I just don't know where you guys get numbers. There are, what is it, 65 million Thais. I think they have a lot more prostitution power than 70%.

Comment

(ziggystardust @ May 21 2006,14:51) My maid, whom I overpay, works 7*24*365 and get 9,000 per month. More typical is 4-8,000, but I work her hard, and I want her to never leave. At 9,000, she'll never, ever leave.
                          Is your maid cute Ziggy and does she preform nights duties
                          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(ziggystardust @ May 21 2006,14:51) Only in their dreams do factory workers get 20,000 / month, try maybe 4,000 or even less.

I agree with Stogie, I just don't know where you guys get numbers. There are, what is it, 65 million Thais. I think they have a lot more prostitution power than 70%.
                            Factory workers making 20K a month?
                            Hello Ziggy/Stogie,

After your negative comments I've re-checked my figures. It does appear that my contact embroidered his monthly pay. BUT - he can take home 15000 Baht.

No I can't be bothered to prove it.  I enquired via his girlfriend and I know he gets 40 Baht/hour if he works 10 hours/day. The 2 hours overtime he works he gets 50 Bhat/hour.  So his normal pay is 13000 Baht/month

NOT 4000!

OK you want an job in a balloon factory in Thonburi - yes the pay rate is 4000/month but they give you cheap accomodation.  OK it's like living in a sewer but it is only 150/week!

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                            X