Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How safe is it to walk around Bangkok crossdressed

Please don't laugh at me.
    I know this is not a CD site too. Yet, I know the experts are here to give me some directions.

Just wonder whether one can walk around en femme in Bangkok and enjoy oneself.

I'm a 4th generation Chinese Aussie and I can pass well in Sydney. Yet, for a 35 year old person with a male Chinese frame and over 5'9", I cannot pass well in places like Hong Kong. Chinese women have very feminine, nearly children-like features and are mostly petite. Its hard to not attract scrutiny for me.

Just wonder what is the situation in Bangkok.
    What will happen when somebody who CD get "read"?
    What happen if a CD is "read" in the lady's restroom ?

Thai ladyboys use the girl's room.   Most (or at least many) Thai ladyboys are read by the Thais.  

If you can pass well in Sydney that should be good enough.  Thais are very tolerant people. Have fun in Bangkok!      

Comment

Am I the only one who would be interested in seeing your pictures dressed?

If you already go out in public, you can't be that shy.

Share your art.

Comment

In Sydney, from time to time, CD get bashed up after being "read".
        Have you heard of similar problems in Bangkok ?

Comment

(warry @ May 22 2006,01:15)
          In Sydney, from time to time, CD get bashed up after being "read".
          Have you heard of similar problems in Bangkok ?
          No. Hate crime is not a Thai thing.

I can understand your concern going to a foreign county, not being able to speak the language, and at the same time being transgendered.

If you're traveling solo, it might be easiest to have some Forum members show you around.

Comment

It's 100% safe whether or not you are passable. Enjoy Thailand!

I see western CDs etc over here all the time. You may feel out of place and may raise some furtive glances, but as for safety there is no better place to be.

Comment

Just wonder what sort of places does the Western transgendered girls visit when they come to Bangkok?

Anywhere in BKK do they gather and meet ?

Comment

That's a very good question and I don't have even a half decent answer for you.

I have seen the CDs on their own in bars or in small groups and with other visitors.

Some go 'boy mode' during their stay for a while or for the day parts of their visit and then slap on the paint at night.

As for a hangout - I'm sorry I don't know of one, but it wouldn't surprise me if there was one.

We have another Aussie CD posting here who would probably know as she visits quite a bit. Hopefully she'll see this and post!

Comment

most of us here wont have a clue where non-pro ladyboys/cds hangout cos we only frequent the places with hookers. but my guess would be the gay places in and around silom rd.
                  even if you doesnt look passable there are no chance you will have any problems with the locals unless you flash alot of cash late night.

Comment

I'd say as Asian TV you'll blend in pretty well in BKK. So for sure no problem here. Just do your thing. You'll see there's no agression at all.
                    For the hangouts, well I've seen a few western TG's hanging out - with their gay friends - in the gay bars/clubs around silom/surawong.

Enjoy!!!  

MK
                    PS: I wouldn't mind seeing some of your pics here....
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEdXtf-GHvU

Comment

(stogie bear @ May 22 2006,02:14) We have another Aussie CD posting here who would probably know as she visits quite a bit. Hopefully she'll see this and post!
                      That's MandyTS   She's also from Sydney.

http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....mandyts

Comment

I've seen many foreign TS who don't pass in Thailand. No one gives a blink. Don't worry about bashing. If anything, some Thais will hit up on you. I've only seen them around the LB bars (but maybe that's because that's where I go).

Give us a shout and we'll take you to an LB bar. Alternatively, the gay streets might be comfortable.

The Thai LBs love to look at a foreign LB (or CD).

Comment

(ziggystardust @ May 23 2006,00:25) The Thai LBs love to look at a foreign LB (or CD).
                          Looking at your Avatar Jessica you're very good looking! I'm sure you will love what Thailand has to offer... you can't ask for a better place to visit. You're going to make lots of friends there with the Ladyboys.... they will love you!

Comment

Damn Jessica, your really pretty.
                            But be careful, I think I can hear someone saying;
                            "Realese the Hounds."
                            My Femboys can Beat up your Ladyboys.  

Comment

(mirimark @ May 23 2006,06:49) "Realese the Hounds."
                              The Horny Hounds  

Mirimark, post that pic of you cross dressing!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X