Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(brocklanders @ May 25 2006,04:12) Its funny how the Thai definition of beauty(light skin, Chinese features) even permeates in ladyboy pageants.    Unfortunately some of the most incredible looking ladyboys would never stand a chance in these competitions as they dont have the ivory white skin.   This same standard applies all over SEAsia where the locals are taught to think that brown skin and SEAsian features are not pretty.  Considering the Chinese own most of the business' in SEAsia, including media conglomerates, this should not surprise anyone.
    Wasnt a similar point raised in a Thai History thread not long ago? It was about the darker 'Indian' looking Thais and the lighter 'chinese' looking ones
    I think the starter of thread was laughed at for asking raising such a silly point. But it seems he was making a valid point. Is this issue a taboo subject, like race, gender class, caste system etc everyone knows about but does not speak about?

http://asiantsgirls.com/cgi-bin....ine+man

Comment

Beauty is always in they eye of the beholder. The topic of white/lighter skin has been discussed a few times in the past.

White Face

The above is one example.

As mentioned in the White Face thread, in Asia (all over from India to China) dark skin was associated with lower economic status. People who were poor tended to work outside, those who were rich tended to work inside. So poor people tended to be darker.

If you view this as racist - so be it, but it is known that people tend to prefer richer "looking" people. This is a world wide phenomenon. Perhaps looking "rich" equates with success?

Something to think about.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

The preference of lighter (i.e. white) skin to darker skin is not just an Asian phenomenon...
        I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Yet paradoxically white people lie out in the sun, and go to tanning Salons to get brown.

Comment

I raised started the thread raised in message 16 above.

Prejudice against darker skin shades is not an exclusive Asian phenomena, being black growing up in Europe I know this lol

The point I raised was that some Thais look Indian than Oriental in appearance, darker skin without oriental eyes or flatter faces. The area is bordering the two ethnic groups and parts of India, there was obviously migration over millennia. Didnt Buddhism originate in India?

The 'prejudice' did not begin over economic status ie richer were lighter becuase they lived in doors. That was also said about the class system in the West.

Those who are darker in skin colour tend to have the same non oriental ethnic or facial features as I decribed. So it would appear one group may have dominated. This is not a Thai or Oriental thing. In India the caste system follows similar lines. The untouchables at the bottom are the darkest in skin colour, ie theTamils, Sri Lankans you will notice how some look like Aborigines. Whereas those at the top of the system are lighter. The irony is, the untouchable class are the original inhabitants of India., abit like the Native Americans or Aborigines. Succesive invaders from central Asia and Eastern Europe arrived and used the system based upon the religion to consolidate their power. In the Bollywood film industy there are debates all the time about the preferances for ligther skinned film stars over darker.

So the end of the day, 'face debate' is based upon which group has power and is becoming more out of date as the world changes. WE should open our eyes and put it behind. as someone once said, 'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds...'

Comment

Does anyone have a link for the full video, or can you share it via BitTorrent?
              Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

I didn't see thecontest, but based on the photos posted, I would jump at the chance to have an evening with the winner or either of the runner-ups!

Comment

Working...
                X