Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeh, i was thinking about it . Ive already been there three time this year and so i now ive got to knuckle down on some business projects .( for the next 3 weeks anyway)

mmmm......
    I may just get out there for the first week July so i may see the final . Anyone know if the commentary is in english this time.

Fuck me , have i no will power.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 10 2006,04:23) Secondly a soccer game takes 2 hrs max, not the 3hrs plus of watching grown men play rounders - now there's a girls sport, or 3.5 hrs of american football of which only 37mins is actual plays!!!
      Gee KL

lets put you in a chalked out box with a wooden stick and have you try and hit a baseball coming at you at 95-100 mph (thats 152-160KMH) and then challenge you to call it a "girls sport"

Soccer is something in the US that you send your kiddies out to play to keep them out of the house until they're old and coordinated enough to catch and throw a "real" football or shoot a basketball or to pass the time until the pond freezes over to slap that puck around.............  

Face it is absolutely boring to Americans and America has the greatest athletes in the world, so it naturally figures that if Americans really gave a damn about soccer we would dominate............ Let us not forget the World Cup in the fifties where a pick-up team composed of players from St. Louis and New York got thrown together less then a month before the tournament and spanked the #1 ranked team in the world from just over the Atlantic    

Not Fiction..........facts!!!!!

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

America has the greatest athletes in the world
        In the comparisons with soccer, baseball, basketball, aussie rules etc this basically comes down to opinion and to a large extent the sporting environment we grew up with. I think we would all agree that all are different games so really apples and oranges.

However America having the greatest athletes in the world is really just a ridiculous statement. What is this based on?

If you quote the Olympic games then even though the US is the most successful nation in terms of gold medals. If you actually consider the population of each country then many other countries actually out perform the US per capita.

Comment

if woman lose to football all the time well im sorry babe u my be more sexy than a gg but its FOOTBALL bye bye

Comment

i understan that that alot of youn guy from outside europe but FOOTBALL is more than just a game

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Jun. 10 2006,20:17) Face it is absolutely boring to Americans and America has the greatest athletes in the world, so it naturally figures that if Americans really gave a damn about soccer we would dominate............ :
              Does the "rest of the world" know that too?

I guess not - otherwise, the Canadians and certainly even more the Americans wouldn't always get their asses kicked so badly in hockey, when they meet the Europeans at the world championships (and wasn't it, that a lot of the best hockey players in the NHL come from Europe? )

Well, let's not forget Americas dominance in baseball, clearly visible in the "world baseball classics '06", where Team USA, filled with MBL topstars, got humiliated on homeground, loosing to Canada, just roughly surviving Mexico, being very lucky against Japan just to finally being kicked out by Mexico and Korea in Round 2 - but well, what does the rest of the world know when it comes to sports!?

What's next - basketball? Oh yeah, the so called US-"Dreamteam", which has always given us unworthy Europeans a good laugh over the past years? I would love to see an American Dreamteam take on a European one (would only be fair when you look at the size of the US) - but then again, some of the currently best NBA players would show up on the European team (oops). Americas dominance is history in many sports - but keep on dreaming mate, you still got American football, where you can keep your dominance!

I forgot Americas undisputed dominance when it comes to arroganz and ignorance, where Europe will probably never be able to catch up.

Comment

(LBHunter @ Jun. 10 2006,22:19) America has the greatest athletes in the world, so it naturally figures that if Americans really gave a damn about soccer we would dominate.

I forgot Americas undisputed dominance when it comes to arroganz and ignorance, where Europe will probably never be able to catch up.
                The americans are umiversally arrogant when it comes to sport.

I think you missed out on the "Americas" cup losing out to a landlocked nation (Switzerland)

And lets not forget The Ryder Cup!!

And all the current great US Tennis Stars!!!
                seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I didn't want him to be too depressed realizing, that america is not that dominant in sports afterall.

Comment

They seem to have gone a bit quiet again!!!!!
                    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Jun. 10 2006,13:24) They seem to have gone a bit quiet again!!!!!    
                      Not quiet..........just some of us actually have a life and do something other then live on this board.......

In all seriousness I've lived all over the world and understand that soccer is likely the worlds favorite sport......but it just isn't in the States and never will be.......mainly because unless you leave the states and go to Europe and play there is absolutely no money in it........ bottom line.........why would a kid growing up who is a natural athlete want to continue playing soccer when he can transfer those same talents to the football field, the basketball court or the the baseball diamond and make millions.......its kind of a no-brainer.......My nephew for instance was a star soccer player and swimmer growing up and along with that plyed baseball in the summer.....once he reached high school he dumped soccer in favor of baseball and swimming because those were the two greatest opportunities for him to gain full ride scholarship to a major university which he ended up getting in baseball...........never became a superstar but he got a college degree for free.........soccer scholarships are avaialble but not as plentiful and at only select schools that give a shit about soccer.........

So far as you silly arguments about the World Baseball Classic and world basketball........the only way the US will ever put together the creme de la creme in hoops or baseball is if they pay them the millions they earn in the regular seasons..........quite frankly the superstar athletes just don't give a shit about their patriotic duties........The one time that the US did put together a true "Dream Team" in hoops they named their score every time out.........

Still waiting to hear commentary about the World Cup in the fifties.............by the as an example of boring beyond belief...........1-0 Engnad ove Paraguay and they didn't even score their own goal     Brilliant display

That will be all I have to say on this subject other then I'd much rather play with a LB of my choice then watch a 1-0 boredom match

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                      ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

I can watch 5 days of cricket, at the end of which there might not even be a result. So I suppose 90 mins of football can't be too bad.

Anyway the real mans game is on tonight.
                        Australia Vs Poms in the rugby.
                        Time to take revenge for the last years defeat. The start of things to come, next up the Ashes, if only we could bet the Poms in the Wolrd Cup semi's as well.
                        I don't get it, is this a magic show?

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Jun. 11 2006,07:42) Not quiet..........just some of us actually have a life and do something other then live on this board.......
                          Wow, what a smart reply! I'm really impressed now. Already running out of arguments for Americas dominace in sports, that yet would need to be proven?

I never doubted a single minute, that what you call soccer isn't North Americas favorite, but many Americans like you have the tendency to dramatically overestimate their own strength or status in the world, wether its sports or politics. Guys like you truly seeme to actually believe, that the USA is the center of the world, with all other nations being just unimportant roleplayers. It is just that ignorance and arrogance, that makes Americans so "popular" all over the world.

As for you saying, that the US is not using its top players in world basketball or baseball - just look at the team rosters that will clearly prove you wrong. Of course I understand, that this would be the only point left for you to rub in after those humiliating US performances, but every baseballfan might have to admit, that players like Derek Jeter, Chipper Jones, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Johnny Damon, Ken Griffey Jr. or Roger Clemens etc. etc. (just to name a fiew) sure do belong to the creme de la creme in MLB as well as basketball, where you surely need to agree, that dispite the missing success, Team USA was packed with players, that are all playing major roles on their NBA teams, and if the USA would only be half as dominant as you would like to see them, that should have easily been sufficiant to win the Olympics - which of course they failed to accomplish!

The list of sports is long, where the USA is not the center of the world, and we could possibly continue this useless discussion for ages, without ever ending up on the same road, so I will put end to this here from my side, as I have only three days left until I will enjoy myself in LOS again. I just get pissed off by this typical American ignorance and arrogance, actually believing that their country is better than the rest of the world.

Only 84 hours left 'til LOS!

Comment

Let's just have a beer and all get along guys.....

"Once again, we demonstrate that we are from nations divided by a common language."

I did find the perfect LB for all you football/soccer fans.
                            She took her shower and came out wrapped seductively in a towel. By the time I took a quick shower and returned, the TV was dialed to ESPN and a game between and Milan and Manchester I think...And nothing happened in that room until that game was over. Happily the team she was cheering for won and so did I in the end so to speak.

And no you can't have her number.
                            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

pleeeeeeeaaaase!

Comment

if you want a long short time take one about 30 mins before england kick off
                                as nothing will happen untill after the game
                                if you look like beckham she stay all night
                                in love with nat

Comment

Working...
                                X