Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much effect does ATS have on the ladies?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much effect does ATS have on the ladies?

It seems to me that there is a direct connection between the behaviour of some of the TS ladies featured on this site and the exposure they receive. This is a topic for discussion. However, it seems that ATS discovers a lady then does a photo and/or video shoot. Then forum members, some, not all, start talking them up, visiting them, and it builds from there. Newbies accept the prices and once that threshold is passed, the ladies get higher and higher expectations, change their attitudes etc. In some cases the forum and other aspects of ATS make stars out of stunners. This is certainly a financial boon to the stars. But the overall effect is to slant the whole TS experience towards the stunners and neglect the average TS in Thailand and the Philippines. I am not putting down the web site but perhaps the ladies see ATS as bigger than is should be and the question is raised if it is doing the general population of TS in these two countries much good, not that that is a goal. One thing for sure is that hunting for nice experiences with lovely ladies has become a more taxing phenomena. That popularity of TS in Thailand has really grown over the years. I remember the days when there were a few around or expats would have debates if a certain bar girl was a bar girl at all. Then one, two , three, four bars blossomed in Nana alone. In the early days I used to go with Cabaret Stars and free lancers and the experiences were hit and miss. Now there is a flock of "skilled professionals". To live in Thailand and see this evolution is shocking. I know TS pushing 30 who just feel out of the loop, even though they are still attractive and good people. At the same time the average GG in a bar has gone down in looks and their salaries reflect their relative lack of appeal. It is all quite fascinating and goes along with the acceptance of 'TS in general society and popular TV etc. ATS has been a factor in the rise in popularity of TS. Is it all a good thing and where will it go from here?

Hmmm...good read there Sir

I would have to say that seems to be a sound theory on Econ 101 in LOS and anywhere else for that matter.
    You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Well..once again..we are talking about LBs in the trade, that makes up the VERY minority of all LBs in Thailand..probably 2-3% (???) of the entire LBs community in LOS.
      LBs in Thailand have always been around and always be, with or without ATS.
      Internet as whole has certainly helped out on the communication factor but on the other hand has spoiled the "pleasure" to discover things..at least IMHO.
      Do you prefer a buffet or having to go out and finding the little nice restaurant in some alley?
      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(bohemia @ Oct. 20 2006,11:04) "...But the overall effect is to slant the whole TS experience towards the stunners and neglect the average TS in Thailand and the Philippines. ...One thing for sure is that hunting for nice experiences with lovely ladies has become a more taxing phenomena."
        Based on your proposition I would say that it should be far easier for you be more successful in your hunting? Everyone else is at the Zoo, and fewer people are out in the natural habitat, where there is far more game, and a more diverse selection.

At every bar there has always been, and will always be, a hierarchy based on sales performance. Before the Internet, this would have been based looks, repeat business and some word of mouth. Now with additional marketing, which is good for the bars too, there may a bit more of a split between the top and bottom (no pun intended) earners. This may be why you see a bit more turnover at the bottom tier than in years past?

But a superstar can only go out with so many men each night, and a lot of men are going to these bars and not leaving empty handed, so there is some trickle down effect which is probably good?

Sometimes a buffet is good (hey, who ate all the lobster), but lately I've preferred searching out that special restaurant. It's more fun, and much more satisfying.

Comment

The better question is what effect does ATS have on the guys.

I've been into shemales since my late teens. However until the birth of the internet, I had no idea there was such a bountiful buffet as Thailand (ladyboy wise). I made my first trip to Thailand about five years ago and without the internet I would have had no idea where to go, what the protocol was, etc. I think web sites such as ATS increase the amount of sex tourism to Thailand. With the increased amount of punters then some of the better looking LBs raise their prices (as they should be able to do).

It does not surprise me after reading many posts where would be punters go to Thailand in search of a girl seen on the internet, such as Mint (or fill in the blank). As those who have been to Thailand can attest, the girls on the site are a representative sample of ladyboy beauty, but plenty of even more ladyboys in the bars. But some punters still insist on going after "brand name" ladyboys.

Comment

(Looker @ Oct. 20 2006,10:24) Well..once again..we are talking about LBs in the trade, that makes up the VERY minority of all LBs in Thailand..probably 2-3% (???) of the entire LBs community in LOS.
            Internet as whole has certainly helped out on the communication factor...

Best, most realistic post I've read for a long while.

Comment

I think you raise an interesting point. In my experience, photo sets certainly raise awareness of the said girls that then get a lot of exposure but ironically I dont think its the girls who suddenly drive up the prices, but the customer. I have known a couple of girls photographed on this and other sites that have commented to me, how many times they are getting offers of 5,000-10,000 baht a night from guys that have never met them and contacted them via email or the MSN/Yahoo online chats. The girls are staggered with this and can't believe their luck, however for the most part they will continue to go with a guy who just finds them in the bar and maybe offers 1500 baht ST or 2-3,000 Bt long time.

I think the girls have always remained fickle - many will not for any amount of money go with a farang husband and wife, not least of all when they have a sizeable bank balance. Of course if the piggy bank is empty and the rent is due, that is going to slant things in the buyers favour. Equally many will not go with a guy who wants to take 2 ladyboys - but again financial situations will determine if they swallow their pride and do the deed if they need the cash. However what tends to happen at least from my expereince, is that the girls with the exposure, tend to be more popular and have money in the bank allowing them to be more selective. If they like the guy, money is not an issue and on one occasion I have had a LB stay all night and then leave at lunchtime before I had fully woken up and she did not want any money - just said thanks for a fun night and out she went. This same girl is regularly getting offers of 10,000 baht night from guys she has never met but only seen her her photo's. Its wierd but I have also seen some examples where guys, keep upping the price in order to try and snare the girl into agreeing to go with him, even if the girl already has a pre-arranged agreement with another guy. So there you have it - this girl is still happy to go with a guy for a normal rate in her gogo bar and has not upped the price, however she wont decline the 10,000 baht of course - if anything she can't believe her luck.

Cheers
              Mardhi

Comment

Great post bohimia. i think to a degree you are right especially with the stars and the cost.In very recent interactions with ts in thailand i have noticed a couple of them asking huge money$200us/ hour. (get fucked)
                I dont know  about more customers, most times i go in nana  bars  the  customers are few and far between, in pattaya  at JSb its like a freak show where stupid gauking holiday makers pay for photos(good luck to the girl)it really is like a fucking circus.everything  depends on suppy and demand, if the girl is in demand she can charge  what she likes until she becomes  out of  reach  for the masses, as the philipino girls seem to do.
                In may 2006 i called lisa and  she came round for a short time  and asked me if i would give her 1000 bhat. absoulutly. i doubt  she would be up for that now as  she is  driving her own car    etc.(you cant buy love)
                I  feel most  blokes  just sit infront of computers and masterbate , most will never sample the delights of thailand and brazil, which makes it good for me. If it's afordable and they dont clock watch it's heaven.
                As for the real girls 99 out off 100   these days are just a waist of fucking time and the quality is crap. old hags to small dumpy fattys,  who  do little if  nothing to  sell there wares.
                The price is  fairly stable, in 1998 i was paying 1000 short time in bkk and 500  in pattaya. these days i can still get some babes for 1000 in bk  more are now asking 1500  which is still a low  price compared to  us or uk where prices are just fucking stupid.200/hour -$2000 all night lmao.
                Your right   in the old days the ladyboys were few and far between with all sorts of  chat about  " is she a katouy"  caligula  bar in soi diamond was the 1st bar i saw bikini clad shemales    and that was way back in 1984-5.  then came limaquai   or how ever you spell it.
                on it goes  until today you have 4 bars in  nana  and plenty in pat pong. pink  panther used to have shemales in the early  days when it was owned my the skinny  french guy with the wispy van gough beard.
                my first girl i had in pattaya in 1983 cost 300 baht all night
                my first girl in bangkok pat pong i paye her bar fine 1230 baht and 300 all night.
                today i pay 1000-1500 short time
                to mint all day and night 3000 for a world class shemale with a great fub attitude
                just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

th bar fine in pat pong was 120 baht
                  just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 20 2006,13:49)
                    (Looker @ Oct. 20 2006,10:24) Well..once again..we are talking about LBs in the trade, that makes up the VERY minority of all LBs in Thailand..probably 2-3% (???) of the entire LBs community in LOS.

Thank you, and allow me to celebrate my 1000th posting to your appreciation about what I wrote!
                    Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 20 2006,13:49)

I second that.
                      I'm a rough-ridin', hootin' and hollerin', ladyboy lovin' cowboy! Bang bang yer dead!!!

Comment

Interesting post Bohemia, it is very true that the internet based websites have turned a percentage of the LB's into artificial "superstars" & some have allowed there attitude & service to suffer accordingly, becoming queen bees & drama queens expecting above average prices for there reduced services. Others have allowed it to become just better advertising.

The internet websites & forums have increased awareness & exposure of the 3rd gender which has allowed for a greater audience of admirers & no doubt coaxed a few from the "closet" to come out into the open & indulge in the 3rd gender, realising they are not alone in there chosen field. Thus raising the customer base, & with increased demand comes the higher price.

Unfortunately for the "superstars" there is an abundance of competition & a steady flow of newcomers & as they grow older there trade quickly dwindles as the younger pretenders start to draw there custom. Prices will always be inflated once the superstar tag sticks, or they consider demand / popularity to have increased. Good luck to them & I hope they benefit from the increased income, & enjoy it while they can, as it will be short lived.

Its the same deal in South America with the TS, although there are probably fewer of them actually in the trade, than there are LB's in the trade & the "supermarkets" are open air & considerably more dangerous. Popularity has the same affect there, with money makers parading there wealth about ( cars, jewellery, etc ) & jacking up there prices. But as in the LOS, there are always the younger ones coming in to under mine there trade. While the internet has given them more exposure, I doubt there customer base has dramatically increased due to the perceived dangers of trawling the areas they frequent. However, to you adventurers out there, take the plunge & get over there, its great fun, just be extra careful!

As there is so much choice it is not necessary to pay these inflated prices, & once you drift out of the "LB supermarkets" & into the provinces prices fall dramatically. There are of course always going to be those who will specifically want a particular superstar & will pay over the odds to get them, artificially pushing the price up. Personally I do not actively chase superstars, I have favourites, but I'm not going to "fight" for them & neither am going to over pay them. Going with the flow of the evening generally produces better results & prices, whether it be GG or LB.

To those hardened campaigners ( Donnnnny the flash, 69Billy, to mention but a couple ) who have been in the "war zone" for a while, playing the game, means not emptying the wallet & enjoying yourself at the same time. The internet may have altered the stakes but it hasn't altered the game much, just opening it up to a wider, more naive audience.

Good luck out there, you may need it !
                        Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

Another point about the internet & forums is that it keeps us mere mortals, the Mongers, up to date on whats hot & whats not. This can have an adverse effect on busness as much as it can help the business. How many of us have witnessed, been the subject of, LB's / TS getting upset because of what may have or have not been said about them on the internet. ( This before the whole question of photos / holiday snaps arises! )

As J. Arther Rank said, "You can only please some of the people some of the time", & thats true in most service industries, & we, whether we like it or not are the customers of that service industry & the LB's / TS, ( GG's ) whether they like it or not, are the providers. It has become considerably easier for the customer to complain & diseminate his complaint over a wider audience, due to internet forums. For the provider, in many cases, you are only as good as your last job ( John! ) as its more difficult for them to complain & spread the word about bad customers. So if you are a queen bee, a drama queen or just a plain scam merchant word soon gets around. Your business then suffers accorddingly.

Witness the PunterNet & its effect on the UK sex industry, all of a sudden the providers found themselves the subject of reports, good or bad. There was more than a little disquiet amoungst the providers to the industry, the cat was well & truly out of the bag over poor service, clock watching, & bad attitude & who will & who will not do this that & the other, the GFE experience became very important.  

Personally, I think the UK sex industry got a wake up call, & the providers ended up having to provide instead of scam. But then prices increased as well. As the attitude of most UK providers seems poor, it was "well you can dam well pay for it" & some prices have more than doubled in the last 2-3years.

The internet is proabably here to stay for the time being, so its a case of living with it.

This is probably called "Progress".
                          Robin

You pays your money & takes your chance. This isn't a rehearsal do it now, it's no good looking back when it's a lover & wishing.... ITS TOO LATE.

Comment

(Looker @ Oct. 20 2006,11:24) Well..once again..we are talking about LBs in the trade, that makes up the VERY minority of all LBs in Thailand..probably 2-3% (???) of the entire LBs community in LOS.

Do you prefer a buffet or having to go out and finding the little nice restaurant in some alley?
                            Exactly

Plenty of fresh talent to be found, and it isn't that hard.

Personally, I avoid the 'flock of profesionals' and have never looked back

Comment

This is why I never contact any LB over  the net or tell them I seen them on the net....If you tell them, thets it, they'll know you want them soo up go the price....
                              Anyway,I don't go after the so call superstars or give a fu.k to anyone with a attitude never mind the hookers....
                              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

Working...
                              X