X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Stewart @ Dec. 30 2006,23:20)
    Did you speak to "everyone in Nana"? If so, you must have been there all night.

Of course not you idiot.  

I can tell you that of all the members that i happen to know off in BKK around 90% are in or are going to Pattaya. Talking to guys in and around Nana... all i spoke to were going at some point.

Of course this topic as are most on the forum are highly subjective and there is no ulitimate ,,best place or nicest LBs,,. I dont like Casanova but i do understand why guys frequent that place.......

Idiot?

I don't think so. You said that everyone that you spoke to in Nana had plans to go to Pattaya. Just how many people can you speak to in one night? I would venture to say that there are thousands of people in Nana every night. I am sure that there are many, if not most, of the people in Nana on any given night who DO NOT have plans to go to Pattaya.

Idiot? I think not.

"Everyone he spoke to in Nana Plaza" = he spoke to a few people and they all had plans to go to Pattaya.

He did not say "he spoke to everyone in Nana Plaza"
    "He did not say that he spoke to everyone in Nana"

Amen, Hallelujah!!!! That is exactly my point, Stewart. You cannot say that Pattaya is better than Bangkok just because a few guys say that they plan to go to Pattaya. If he had spoken to just twice as many guys as he said that he did, then I would be willing to bet that just "some guys" would have had no plans to go to Pattaya.

Comment

(flassitor @ Dec. 31 2006,18:30) I would be willing to bet that just "some guys" would have had no plans to go to Pattaya.

I for one will never go to that place again

Lamest city in thailand by a long shot
      Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
      -Dennis Miller

Comment

ditto to above.

I have evrything I need in Bangkok and Hua Hin
        seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(flassitor @ Dec. 31 2006,18:30) "He did not say that he spoke to everyone in Nana"
          Dont get hung up on it Fl... i only made quick straw poll of immediate people i know of in BKK.. it wasnt a Scientific exercise, i left my white coat and clipboard at home, it was just meant to imply that Pattaya is not exactly unloved by all...

Just as there is no beauty meter to measure aesthetic quality its all in the eye of the beholder. so i dont think we can start dishing out medals either way....

Comment

(olekunde @ Dec. 24 2006,22:08) agree about your views on samui. been there once, back in 2002. what a crappy tourist dump!
            back then the place was packed with i-know-it-all-backpackers types in all ages. in what manner can you respond to a high 40-yr old with sandals, dirty beach shorts and rastafaris, and of course the odd 'thai-tatoo'? make no mistake, i like to drink myself silly, but at least i try to have some standards in the way i represent myself. sometimes i wish the thais could speak up and tell those people what they really think of time. would be many long faces

like many, pattaya, a place which will grow on you. started to love the place on my second trip. the whole place is like a convenient store, and if you stay just a little bit off the main strips, life will be wonderful to you there. for those who only enjoy lbs, a few days should be enough. but for those who occasionly do lbs and prefer ggs -  there are no other place like pattaya.
            Samui a crappy tourist dump??? pattaya may be good for sex tourism but it is 10 times more of a dump than samui. At least the beach is useable on samui.

Your also talking 5 years ago when the island was in the earlier stages of development hence the backpackers.

Much imrroved now and lots of very decent LB's too. More and more coming all the time.
            hardpaolo

Comment

Working...
            X