X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you been scared away?

Drug use is up up up... Condom use is down down down!

People are getting arrested or commiting suicide all over the place and some bastards are even taking photos in the bars! Since the coup a few months back this place has turned into the wild wild west of the east (so to speak!)

Taxi drivers are bullying their fares and ladyboys are stalking their prey like panthers in a jungle.

The food is dirty and the pollution makes Mexico City look like The Garden of Eden!

Visas are next to impossible to find or extend and the immigration department has the motto "Shaft those fucking farangs!" as part of their daily prayers.

Hotels are skimming credit card numbers and to top it all your so-called mates are grassing you up on the internet!

Damn... Is it really all worth it?

On the other hand... it's Thailand and it's always been like this. It's no worse or better than before. It's just that some of us have more jaded and cynical perspectives of what's happening here.

Anyway... will any of these stories and views affect the way you see Thailand and will any of our ramblings make you think differently about your next trip to the LOS?
    Business as usual for me.
    0%
    Still coming, but more careful now.
    0%
    Less likely to come now.
    0%
    Looking elsewhere for fun.
    0%
    I'm scared. The sky is falling'
    0%
    Can't decide...
    0%

If your stupid enough to use drugs or no condoms then u deserve every thing u get....... no excuses.

Is it worth it??   After living and working in the Uk for 46 years, any thing Thailand throws at me merges into insignifigance compared to the fun u can have there. If your getting jaded there come back home for a while... your biting at the bit in no time to get back.... I do every time..

Im moving out to Thailand for good in 7 months, because the thought of wasting my life here isnt an option.... thank god for emerging countries.....

Comment

No change here, in fact more trips planned this year than before.

Just being a little more careful, and definitely no drugs and full wet weather gear at all times!
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Looks all so fine to me ... would love to live in Thailand for the rest of my life....

Please ADOPT ME

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 19 2007,08:59) Damn... Is it really all worth it?
          Yes
          Your got yer Mother in a whirl
          Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

People are getting arrested or commiting suicide all over the place and some bastards are even taking photos in the bars! Since the coup a few months back this place has turned into the wild wild west of the east (so to speak!)

Taxi drivers are bullying their fares and ladyboys are stalking their prey like panthers in a jungle.

The food is dirty and the pollution makes Mexico City look like The Garden of Eden!

Visas are next to impossible to find or extend and the immigration department has the motto "Shaft those fucking farangs!" as part of their daily prayers.

Hotels are skimming credit card numbers and to top it all your so-called mates are grassing you up on the internet!
            And don't you just love it !!!!!

Comment

I voted "Business as usual for me" but I would add to that choice: "Can't wait to get back to LOS"

Comment

(stogie bear @ Mar. 19 2007,16:59) and to top it all your so-called mates are grassing you up on the internet!
                not sure what this means, I had a so-called mate stab me in the back for no good reason this year and another one try to rob me last year, but to me things are the same and I voted that way, the first choice, and I will keep coming to LOS.

Interests have changed tho, I don't frequent the bars as much as I used to and when I *do* I hear horror stories from the ladyboys about lack of customers; seems like most people "are" staying away as compared to previous years.

for you rookies......it's a buyers market now, with 50-60 girls in Obsessions and Cascades every night just ready to be taken out for small money..... go enjoy right now while it's dead, this lull can't last forever!
                Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                -Dennis Miller

Comment

I live here, so none of the options really applies

The place is wackier post coup, the economy is rudderless at best and at worst is pissing off the foreign investor. Consumer and Business confidence is dropping like the water level in a flushed toilet. The immigration thing is nuts, and pissing off the rich tourists too. The Airport, the Currency controls, and now Chiang Mai air pollution are making Thailand the laughing stock of Asia ( I've read articles saying xxxx was stupid, but not as stupid as what they are doing in Thailand ).

On the other hand, there are more ladyboys then ever before and they are looking better and better all the time...so I'll stay.
                  "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

i live here, no poll answer for that, my equivalent reply would probably be: yes i'm staying here.

Comment

i just went to pattaya for 6 days and didn't screw a single LB, just one soapie girl.
                      i'm 100% converted to philippines, mainly due to the fact i was dating girls there rather than paying them. plus i prefer the more natural looks of phils girls and the fact they speak english better.

Comment

(buttafly @ Mar. 19 2007,20:01) ....it's a buyers market now, with 50-60 girls in Obsessions and  Cascades every night just  ready to be taken out for small money.....
                        It may not be perfect, where is!, In Rio last year they had to call in the army and airforce to quell a drug gang war...200 killed in a week...

Anyway with plenty of low hanging fruit around im not changing any plans...there would have to be a giant mushroom cloud floating over BKK to keep me out.

Comment

Yes, good call SB.

As in any major city, as long as you know the rules, you can play the game.

Living here now is no problem, and having had thirty years of experience in Thailand, I see many changes. Some are bad, some are good. Try living in the Uk - jeez, that is the pits.

Chokdee  

Comment

I enjoy it as much now as I ever have, it's still the number 1 for me.

If at first you don't succeed, Skydiving is not for you !

Comment

Cant compare since its my first trip, but bkk is rough. Lbs stalkings, on St:Patricks day i saw an irish guy get hit by a car outside Nana, driver took off, guys legs was pretty bad fuct up, shafted by taxidrivers and i cant stand the no backbone mentality if you ask some thai for help they have to ask their boss if its ok even if its open the door for you. Ill be back but though.
                              Im off to Pattaya tomorrow to find out whats its like there.

Comment

Working...
                              X