Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is rarely a night I recognize even one person...
    You've missed the point. I didn't pretend to admit that we have an influence due to sheer numbers. I did infer, however, that our small presence had a disproportionatly (positive) influence on the scene... even for the people who have never heard of us!

Comment

The issue jay will be facing soon is how much further does she decide to extend the awareness of the bar. As it is, its in a niche and its doing well. By more extensive promotion/advertising in other mediums (ie print) it may become more a fishbox type place which can affect some of the Nana bars (probably Obsessions more than any other) where couples go in just to gawp and spend as much time staring at the customers as the girls. Personally I think that would change the whole feel of the place and could actually push away some of the guys who like it so much as it currently is - a discrete watering hole with likeminded customers.

Its never going to have the volume or approach of a nana bar - it needs to keep in its niche and thats where I believe it will do well and be able to maintain the standards they aspire too.

Cheers
      Mardhi

Comment

Of course there are those who will goto bars and see someone familiar on the board, make no acknowledgment thereof, and go about their business in anonymity.

Comment

(jhcal26 @ Apr. 06 2007,08:45) Of course there are those who will goto bars and see someone familiar on the board, make no acknowledgment thereof, and go about their business in anonymity.
          to be honest this is me..... I much prefer to meet exactly "no one" from this board when I travel, for reasons I will keep to myself and nothing personal of course, I am just a solitary kind of guy and always have been.

I've met the manager Jay and I've met Mardhi, Fern and Jay's sister Jane; that's enough for me and if I get introduced to some punters from here or another forum that's fine but I don't seek that out, having a beer alone in peace or with one friend is more my style, not going around to all the bars with 5 or 6 guys in tow.

But that's just me, we all have different approaches to how we party.
          Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
          -Dennis Miller

Comment

Boring sod!

But to each their own. I actually like having people to talk to whilst in the bar.Its notlike you can have a meaningful conversation about worldsport with a ladyboy!!
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Apr. 06 2007,19:49) Its notlike you can have a meaningful conversation about worldsport with a ladyboy!!
              Oh, believe me KL, I can't do THAT either!!!

there are certainly less than 5 ladyboys I can go out with who can hold a conversation with me; I don't give one fuck about what ladyboys want to discuss for the most part and they can't talk about politics, music, sports and all the other shit I like so believe me, it's not them that I like hanging with.  Hair salons, Mama back home, their fingernails, beauty pageants, shopping and doing Ice with friends are not topics I care for, thanks anyway girls.  Most just sit there silently like mannequins or furniture anyway, which is another reason I rarely do long times.

One guy or 2 max is plenty for me....one of the best non-sexual nights I had in BKK last year was sitting on the railing at Big Dogs for 4 or 5 hours with Stogie, getting loaded on Beer Chang and discussing everything under the sun from music to sports to ladyboys and watching the parade go by; we weren't bickering [like usual LOL] and there weren't too many guys around to interrupt and give me a headache by following 4 or 5 conversations at once.

I do this a lot with MonkeyMan also..... to me one guy for company or going out on my own is the key.
              -Dennis Miller

Comment

I totally Agree

Comment

thanks Pentire, seem like we agree on how we like to spend the hours between 6 and 7pm also, eh??

nice avatar
                  -Dennis Miller

Comment

Cheers Buttafly, took the picture myself on Pratamnak Beach in Pattaya one evening in February.

Comment

Working...
                    X