Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once they go 'family', Thailand is dead.

For some reasons, people don't understand that most people on vacations want to party, except, perhaps Singapore, which is going in the opposite direction now, and inviting dancing on bars, gays, and later opening hours.

Also, if they go 'family', the entire police force and army will collapse after they lose 90% of the income they currently get from bribes.

Comment

(mister_smith @ Oct. 01 2007,19:15) from what I've been hearing Thailand wants to clean up it's whole image and resell itself as a Family tourist place, Elephant rides, Temple visits, Beaches etc seems they bring in more revenue than Whore Mongers

Wouldn't suprise me if they pulled Nana down to build short stay family appartments as part of the Landmark Hotel Anex
        In Australia at Flight Centre they advetise Pattaya for families. I reckon there could be some money in advising families not to go there. I might run my own site telling families the horrors of Pattaya. I don't want snotty nosed kids under my feet when im on the hunt.    We could use Billy69 as the poster boy , he would convince me not to take my 5 year old there. Its a joke Billy, don't have a hearty mate

Comment

I hope you guys are right. the last thing I want is for LOS to turn into a family destination full of overpriced hotels and guided hotels, but as far as our future nightime entertainment where do you see that going?

I'm talking about the earlier and earlier bar closing times
        It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

take comfort in that at least nothing big really happens overnight here. red tape. the corruption mentioned, etc.

but thailand cant just say it wants to be the family destination without becoming it. family leaders would have to believe it. and as long as it has a rep for sex for sale, it will keep that from happening.

if they closed nana cowboy and patpong bars these girls would still have the same financial needs/wants, so theyd just flood the regular bars i imagine. or theyd go underground. just barely underground.

remember that just because a few dozen people at the Tourism authority want it clean, 1000's of police don't! thats the simple truth. so for once take comfort in that nothing gets accomplished here!

Comment

(qwerty @ Oct. 02 2007,19:19) .......or theyd go underground. just barely underground.
                 Good idea - underground service .............I'd just make sure I renewed my card for the MRT  ... Huay Kwang next stop    
            TT

Comment

no ! nana will stay , that site is not nana mark 2

Comment

I'm talking about the earlier and earlier bar closing times
                Where?
                Mister Arse

Comment

(Snick @ Oct. 01 2007,19:22) yea yea, they've been saying that for years.
                  No Sex Tourists
                  No Back Packers
                  No Cheapo Packaged Tours

If they had their way Thailand would only be for multi-millionaires who park their yachts at the Phuket Marina and go to sleep by midnight. There is only one problem with that idea...."reality"
                  don't forget...

No more Visa runs
                  No more Non-Imm B Visas (except legit business men)
                  Bars to close at 1am
                  Stay home, just send money...

I've made kathylc  

Comment

(ziggystardust @ Sep. 25 2007,01:24) This could be a false report,
                    No No Nana Two

I spoke with some neighbors, nearby business owners, and it seems like the building going at the corner of Soi 4 and Soi Sama Han will be for office suites, for Thai companies and their employees. Evidently there is a growing demand for these in the neighborhood. On the top of the building there will be tennis courts which leads me to think it may also have some sort of health club facility.

The master lease for NEP has between four and five years to run (it is held by the Raja Tailor family while the building/land is owned by a Thai family). Once the current lease is up current rumor does have the Landmark Hotel purchasing the land for development. The master lease holder is responsible for capital improvements hence the escalator will not be repaired. The most recent bar to sell was one on the 2nd floor, next to Spanky's (I forget the name). The transfer price was 4 million; am pretty sure this included "key money". The Big Mango bar has closed. Last night was Friday, 26 October as the master lease holder tried to raise the rent by slightly more than double.

Comment

Thanks for that update, Shocktoe...

Whoever thought that someone was building a Nana Plaza 2 should have their head examined.

Comment

even if the landmark buys it and builds another crap hotel, the sceen will be the same girls and lbs on the streets
                        soi 5 and 7 full of free lancers
                        no fucking bar fines lmao
                        nothing will change. as we are all forgetting one thing
                        TIT
                        just a sex tourist looking for hot fun

Comment

The rumor is that the new Nana Plaza II will be honest and clean and free. The most beautiful women and ladyboys in Thailand will make love to farangs absolutely free and the drinks will be on the house.

Comment

You want to lay of the and the "Koolaid".
                            Never forget "Money No1!"

Comment

Working...
                            X