Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All, further to my letter I sent yesterday to Matt the Qbar Manager, this is the answer I have received

Hello Mr. **********,
    First I would like to mention Q Bar Veitnam is no longer associated in anyway with Q Bar Bangkok. Also Q Bar Singapore was, but as a franchise independently operated and not well as it is now out of business. Second, Q Bar Bangkok does have the right to refuse entry to anyone without explanation. We have refused many people of all races, gender, and color because we do adhere to strict standards set by our boss.

I do not know the exact circumstances as to exactly why your friend was not allowed in but I will try to explain our door policy to better inform you of why your particular friend may not have gained entry because you took the time to write.

On most occasions do not allow single and especially groups of trans genders in for several reasons. Many are working "girls" who at many times attempt to pick up our tourist customers, many of whom have never dealt with the Thai trans genders and we have had several cases of these "girls" drugging and robbing customers of ours which has hurt our reputation and business. I am not saying your friend falls into this category nor will I say that regular female working girls are not capable of doing this but we made the decision because it happened too frequently with trans genders.

We have also had many many occasions of ladyboys being very aggressive with our customers in trying to get "work". There are also occasions of misbehavior being very outrageous in the bar. Both instances have led to several fights between straight men and these "girls" as once they realize they are dealing with a trans gender and fueled on alcohol has equaled ignorant and violent reactions in some customers of ours.

We mad the decision not to allow them to enter for the safety of our customers and to keep our reputation as a safe place as well as a violence free place. We also like our customers to have peace of mind that when they meet a girl at Q Bar it is actually a girl. If this explanation is not acceptable I apologize and you may ask to speak to our owner Mr. ************* upon your next visit to Q Bar. Our staff follow his policy and he has run this bar successfully for over 8 years. This being said I hope you can have some understanding as to why.

Sincerely,
    Matt
    Q Bar

the guy seems decent but he just BULL around WITHOUT GIVING A SOLUTION TO THE POLLUTION...

Comment

Looks like a reasonable reply, to me.  Let's go elsewhere!  
      TT

Comment

Hello Mr. **********,
        First I would like to mention Q Bar Veitnam is no longer associated in anyway with Q Bar Bangkok. Also Q Bar Singapore was, but as a franchise independently operated and not well as it is now out of business. Second, Q Bar Bangkok does have the right to refuse entry to anyone without explanation. We have refused many people of all races, gender, and color because we do adhere to strict standards set by our boss.

I do not know the exact circumstances as to exactly why your friend was not allowed in but I will try to explain our door policy to better inform you of why your particular friend may not have gained entry because you took the time to write.

On most occasions do not allow single and especially groups of trans genders in for several reasons. Many are working "girls" who at many times attempt to pick up our tourist customers, many of whom have never dealt with the Thai trans genders and we have had several cases of these "girls" drugging and robbing customers of ours which has hurt our reputation and business. I am not saying your friend falls into this category nor will I say that regular female working girls are not capable of doing this but we made the decision because it happened too frequently with trans genders.

We have also had many many occasions of ladyboys being very aggressive with our customers in trying to get "work". There are also occasions of misbehavior being very outrageous in the bar. Both instances have led to several fights between straight men and these "girls" as once they realize they are dealing with a trans gender and fueled on alcohol has equaled ignorant and violent reactions in some customers of ours.

We mad the decision not to allow them to enter for the safety of our customers and to keep our reputation as a safe place as well as a violence free place. We also like our customers to have peace of mind that when they meet a girl at Q Bar it is actually a girl. If this explanation is not acceptable I apologize and you may ask to speak to our owner Mr. ************* upon your next visit to Q Bar. Our staff follow his policy and he has run this bar successfully for over 8 years. This being said I hope you can have some understanding as to why.

Sincerely,
        Matt
        Q Bar

Sounds like a very rational reply and a sound operational procedure to me...

If this doesn't satisfy the wooly-minded tossers who insist on equal rights for the whole fucking world then they should piss off back to the nice clean fair country they came from!!!

Comment

A quick reply, well written, and reveals their reasons. No problems. If you don't like it - go somewhere else.
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"..............a sign seen in quite a few places in the US.....it is legal, and to the point. Why shouldn't places in LOS have the same right?
            ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 08 2007,06:02) Instead of getting worked up about a local bar that won't allow your friends through the door, strike a blow for yourself and the transgendered community by sharing something of your alternative lifestyle with the people you work with! Let's see how long you remain an "executive!"

Demanding access to bars that don't want you but living a secretive double life to keep your job seems to be stretching the idea of a commitment to fighting the good fight against discrimination a bit...
              OCH BUT would seem like supporting the transgendered community(and girlfriend) at the work place as well as with your family(that visited) would seem to do more to knock down the perceptions than fighting about a club's entrance criteria.

Just imagine if all your employees, colleagues and family knew you had a LB girlfriend how much that would change their "perception" and "acceptance" of transgendered people. " If Mr Ziggy dates a LB, then maybe LB's are not as bad as we thought"........
              ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

I have been in contact with Matt and sent him the following email today...

Hi Matt...

I would like to thank you for clarifying your reasons on the admittance of transgendered people. Your rules and procedures make sense to us, even though we operate the busiest ladyboy admirers forum on the web!

Good luck,

Stogie Bear

Comment

(darkestdesire @ Oct. 09 2007,13:50) several fights between straight men and these "girls"  once they realize they are dealing with a trans gender and fueled on alcohol has equaled ignorant and violent reactions in some customers of ours.
                  this is a well-worded response and the guy seems to put as much blame on ignorant, drunk falangs as much as he does on the ladyboys!

Bottom line....if  you really feel the need to go to a disco with a ladyboy in BKK [why?] just don't go to this place; there are dozens of others and some like Bed and Narcissus seem to have dozens walking around on most nights and the music and atmosphere are  probably exactly the same as the over-rated, over-priced and dangerously over-crowded Q-bar.

2 funny stories about  Narcissus, which is up the road off soi 23 and not far from soi Cowboy;   I was in there one night with the Monkeyman and Pollar, hammered as usual at about 3am, the only way I can handle these type of places and my one and only time in the place.   I spotted a true beauty on the way to the toilets;  too perfect to be a lady, but also probably too perfect to be a ladyboy with penis attached,  I said to  MM  ' now THAT is a ladyboy!' and kinda  followed her  with my eyes in and out of the ladies room and she noticed that, typical for a hooker of either gender looking for a stoopid  falang.

Outside 20 minutes later, I spotted her and a friend near the exit to the street;  they were waiting for a cab, same as were we.  Only 20 feet away from each other and me pretty legless by now, I said Hi to the cute one and asked her if she was  "cut";  she looked surprised that I even knew she was a ladyboy, and then said "yes".    Then, her friend looked at me, said something long and in Thai which ended with my REAL first name at the end of it, and then they got in the next taxi and drove off; classic! Especially since I had  never seen either one before in my life, as far as I know.

Right then we saw a cop ride by on a motorbike, who looked at us 3 and rode on;  I said 'big deal, he can't do anything to us here'  and  asked Pollar to explain to MM why not;  she says "because this place is owned by the son of the King, the police can not come in here".

Now, if you MUST  go to a disco in BKK, wouldn't you rather go to a place where no cops are allowed in??

Fuck  Q-bar, I wish they'd go out of business.
                  Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                  -Dennis Miller

Comment

Buttafly,

I liked your story. I have been once only to narcissus to be hammered but now that I know that belongs to the Prince of Thailand I think I will definetely go more often... at the bottom line it is better to do business with the national than the farangs (see chapter Asian Ladyboys in comparison to Foreign transsexuals).

Anyway mate, next time you and anyone who finds a pretty LB in a bar use your mobile cameras to take a photo and share it with us. I would love to see all these pretty birds that are moving around BKK. I think I should publilsh a photo collection ...faces and places of BKK by night

thanks

Comment

(buttafly @ Oct. 09 2007,19:30) Right then we saw a cop ride by on a motorbike, who looked at us 3 and rode on;  I said 'big deal, he can't do anything to us here'  and  asked Pollar to explain to MM why not;  she says "because this place is owned by the son of the King, the police can not come in here".

Now, if you MUST  go to a disco in BKK, wouldn't you rather go to a place where no cops are allowed in??

Talking about being stoopid!
                      Now I understood Narcissus is a disco and NOT a massage parlor or an hostess club.
                      Went there once and thought it was a massage parlors..saw several Japanese getting out with cuties..
                      Strange!
                      Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(Looker @ Oct. 11 2007,12:47) Talking about being stoopid!
                        Now I understood Narcissus is a disco and NOT a massage parlor or an hostess club.
                        Went there once and thought it was a massage parlors..saw several Japanese getting out with cuties..
                        Strange!
                        Narcissus is on the same lot as Pegasus, which is one of the most expensive massage parlors around. So it is very easy to get confused, especially since Pegasus is in front and Narcissus is off to the side and further back.
                        "Snick, You Sperm Too Much" - Anon

Comment

(Snick @ Oct. 11 2007,14:42) Narcissus is on the same lot as Pegasus, which is one of the most expensive massage parlors around. So it is very easy to get confused, especially since Pegasus is in front and Narcissus is off to the side and further back.
                          Ohhhh..discovered the trick
                          Thanks snick! Will go next time come to BKK..if have time.
                          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                          X