Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah have bought gifts on a couple of occasions on my last trip.

I enjoyed their company.

One lb 2 cd's - 1000 baht and another a ring - 800 baht.

The first lb actually bought me a gift when she went away with another customer, so I thought it would be nice to oblidge and buy her something.

I do not mind buying gifts for lb's who i really like and appreciate as it is cheap relative to Australian standards.

Last week I took out a girl I met at a club recently for a bite and the dinner and wine cost 100 bucks.

Hell even hitting the piss in Melbourne costs me about 200 bucks when I am not driving.

Hell your on holidays so do whatever makes you happy.

Regards,

LuckyA

Comment

(LuckyA @ Oct. 09 2007,17:34) and another a ring - 800 baht.
      That was a lucky escape ah!......the last time i went to a jeweller it was the 20K+ counter she was pouring over...

I remember when i had more sense than money.

Comment

Probably would buy gifts if I lived in Los and saw it as a way to build a good reputation as a nice guy with certain girls, plus it's just a nice thing to do when you see/date a person on a regular basis. But as a Los "commuter" I see no real sense or benefit other than if it makes you feel good as a "knight in shining armour" helping those not so fortunate.
        ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(divertwo @ Oct. 09 2007,18:37) Probably would buy gifts if I lived in Los and saw it as a way to build a good reputation as a nice guy with certain girls, plus it's just a nice thing to do when you see/date a person on a regular basis.  
          As a 'semi-resident' of LOS, I cringe when I hear one LB say to another (as in Obs last night) : ' This is TT, he has good heart'.  (What - no comment about hansum man ? )

Obviously means I'm overpaying in all areas!!  Nice guys come last - not sure about that .....

My favourite LB is moving into a new apartment soon - unfortunately I think a friend of hers who reads this forum knows my history of buying capital goods  ...........  Good heart = Open Wallet  
          TT

Comment

If they play their cards right they get the Gift of my lovin

Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(Dieter @ Oct. 08 2007,22:48) I prefer regular payment ....day by day... she stay longer as 24 hours so little shopping and small presents are ok....shoes , shirts or so....

I like to be fair...cause Lb's talking around about the customers like the hell...and till know I got every Lb in my bed...never hear a NO....or making a monkey show in bed(except one)"I don't like this or that"...
              Nope...

Dieter
              Same same..
              So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

I'll confess I spoil the girls that I spend time with...not with extravagant gifts but these girls love to shop for cheap slut clothes, shoes, purses, etc...and a few hundred bht goes a long way...Walk walk, look look, buy buy...as one Guess girl liked to say...

I did buy a phone for a girl once at her request, but made it clear before that the daily payments would be reduced and she agreed...of course she has since lost the phone in a taxi on a drunken binge and the last time I saw her in her bar she hinted rather stongly that she would like a new phone...but such is life...

The other evening I took a Pattaya girl who I had spent over a week with to Sapanpoot River Market (I was the only farang in evidence) and she bought bags of shit for less than 1000 bht...Sapanpoot is a market where genuine similuate imitation Levi's go for 199 bht and DVDs cost 50 bht...

Once a girl I spent some time with and took on several shopping adventures, showed up one evening at my hotel with two shirts she had purchased for me...they were both ugly, but I wore them for her benefit...I couldn't tell you where they are now...

I don't send money to girls when I'm not in LOS, but I do try and treat them to inexpensive gifts while I am here and it almost always seems to pay off with a happy girl...and a happy girl means a happy me...which is why I'm here...
                "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Oct. 09 2007,18:57) I don't send money to girls when I'm not in LOS,
                  Thats because you are there more than the time you spend away!
                  seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Oct. 10 2007,05:19)
                    (kahuna @ Oct. 09 2007,18:57) I don't send money to girls when I'm not in LOS,
                    Thats because you are there more than the time you spend away!
                    No mate that is because it actually buys you nothing except maybe makes you feel good. If you really think it gives you points with the girl then you are dead wrong.

I could care less but people do with their own money but I just hope they realise what is really happening.

Is the plain and brutal truth unfortunately.

Comment

A good range of answers and human behavior. I send money to my girl friend and donot regret one penny she has a big family to take care of, yes I have met them.

Once the money leaves my hands and goes to hers it is no longer mine, up to her. But due to this relationship 5 years now I have learned a lot about myself, so a different kind of return. The money I send puts several of her kids thru school, so another good return.

Just found out her pops fell and hit his head, died afew days later, no request for money. He was a cool old guy 70 some years old and still a head of black hair, he went blind a few months ago but ask the girl friend for a motorbike. I told her if he had the surgery and could see again I would buy him one.
                      He liked the Lao Kao to much.

Each guy has got to do what works for him and his pocket book.

Comment

(moe666 @ Oct. 10 2007,01:01) A good range of answers and human behavior. I send money to my girl friend and donot regret one penny she has a big family to take care of, yes I have met them.

Once the money leaves my hands and goes to hers it is no longer mine, up to her. But due to this relationship 5 years now I have learned a lot about myself, so a different kind of return. The money I send puts several of her kids thru school, so another good return.

Just found out her pops fell and hit his head, died afew days later, no request for money. He was a cool old guy 70 some years old and still a head of black hair, he went blind a few months ago but ask the girl friend for a motorbike. I told her if he had the surgery and could see again I would buy him one.
                        He liked the Lao Kao to much.

Each guy has got to do what works for him and his pocket book.
                        Good on yer moe666
                        Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                        Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

(stogie bear @ Oct. 09 2007,05:03) Total cost of Gif was something like...
                          cash - 800 baht
                          dress - 350 baht
                          shoes - 299 baht
                          memory for her new phone (2 gig) 1,100
                          Probably missed out some other expenses like food... but either way you cut it I made out like a bandit!  
                          OK< so next time I go with Gif and she asks me for 2 squillion baht, I can say "But you only take 600 a day from Stogie"

Hey, they do it to us!!!
                          Mister Arse

Comment

It just depends on the guys motive for giving the girl gifts and money. If you have spent considerable time with the girl and want to reward her for making you feel good and had a great time then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, as long as the purchase isnt insane like a car or condo.

If your motivation for giving a gift is the presumption that the girl will give you better service, that the girl will look at you more favorably or that you can bribe the girl into spending more time with you in the future then you might as well take the money and throw it in the Chao Phraya River. You cant think like a Westerner when it comes to money and gifts. Whether you guys want to admit it or not, Thais(like many other Asians) will always mistake kindness for weakness and respect those who dont throw money around at them but still show them a good time. They want you to entertain them and make them happy but money is not necessary for that. The guy that throws gifts and money around at the girl with some subconcious understanding that he will be raised in her thoughts, is just plain delusional. The guys who give them the least amount of money get the most time with THai girls and ladyboys. Giving them attention and/or learning their language and culture is going to go a lot farther than throwing money and gifts at them. Shit, their Thai dirtbag boyfriends dont spend a dime on these girls and they are the top priority for these girls.
                            brock landers

Comment

(TTChang @ Oct. 09 2007,02:22) I cringe when I hear one LB say to another (as in Obs last night) : ' This is TT, he has good heart'. (What - no comment about hansum man ? )
                              ..no different from us saying: "...but she has a great personality".. Yes, they like you/us for our hearts, money, nice meals, travel, entertainment, etc.
                              ....so,  you're really a guy?..............  

Comment

(brocklanders @ Oct. 10 2007,15:15) Shit, their Thai dirtbag boyfriends dont spend a dime on these girls and they are the top priority for these girls.
                                Because one word stands out here;  Thai

Thai's like Thai's, plain and simple....we don't stand a chance whether we buy 'em gifts or not

again, it's ill-advised doing any of that crap, your other points were well-made also brockie

If you must spend your cash get 'em something they can use and keep it normal-priced; a good friend of mine told me this winter that the talking dictionary she got from a Japanese guy when she was 18 was " the best gift I have ever gotten, and I still use it every day". She is 22 now.... that 3000 baht was well-spent IMO, and even if he never saw that girl again that Japanese fellow helped this kid out in so many ways and made her life better.
                                Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                                -Dennis Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X