X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello JackG,

These girls would probably be the freelancers who would get about 20 Baht for every lady drink and I would guess (but could be wrong!) would split the barfine 50/50 with the bar.

Don't ask me to justify how this fits with what I posted above! TIT !

RR.
    Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
    Kahuna

Comment

JackG,

Yes that is exactly what i saw at Angel Witch. This girl, Vivian was holding onto at least 7 lady drinks chits or coupons and she went to redeem them.

Comment

I personally see no good reason to pay bar fines. I was in Bangkok earlier this week and found that the girls at Obsessions and Cascades were quite easy to pick up at 2 AM at the entrance to Nana Plaza as they were leaving. My strategy was to visit the bars in the late evening (around 1 AM), figure out which girl I wanted, then talk to them as they were leaving. No one said no!

I have also minimized buying lady drinks. I generally tip the girls a hundred baht instead and they are quite happy with that. I would much rather have the girls get the money direct than for the bar owner to take the bulk of it.
        Pete

Comment

Pete,

I agree with you to a certain extent. I would prefer to let the girls have more of the money than the bar owners. However i like to go to the clubs, have a drink and just check the girls out. And every now and again buy the girls i like some drinks. Afterall if there is a quota they have to fulfil, then it helps them out too.

The other thing is i think it's probably safer, at least for the girls, to barfine them once and get their numbers and then arrange to see them at other times. Waiting for them at 2am outside might be quite risky for them. Did it once with Bee and Ain on Day 2 as i wasn't willing to take them home after having had one girl that night. They met me outside at 2am and a lot of the other girls saw us. Not sure if they got into trouble for that or not. But one of the other LBs tell me if the mama or papasans find out, they are fined 1000/2000 bht or something like that.

In my opinion it's not worth the risk, and if they have some quota to fill anyway, then it helps them albeit indirectly.

Comment

(Road Runner @ Oct. 31 2007,07:07) Don't ask me to justify how this fits with what I posted above! TIT !

RR.
            it's thailand RR

logic and common sense are not a requisite around here

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Just asked Earn from Cascades last night about drinks and barfine. They do get a cut from the drinks bought for them and get paid for it the same night but nothing from barfines. I asked about quotas as well but it was just too complicated to explain to her what i meant.

Comment

I also checked up with the manager of Cascade & Obsession (Giat). Girls get 50 baht per lady-drink, no minimums or quotas. They get this money when the bar closes or when they leave after getting bar-fined for a long-time session.

Barfine quota is currently eight (8) per month; after 8 BF's girls get 100 baht per BF paid at the end of the month (more like the 4th of the following month) after any deductions (late fee of 1 baht/min. or disciplinary fines for not dancing, etc.).

Comment

Well done that man

RR.
                  Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

Kahuna

Comment

I did also ask about the most bar-fines in a month, and it was 52 or 53, but am not sure if that was the all-time record, or just for last month (October, 2007), or for which bar (Cascade or Obsession).

New girls started, three newbies at Obsession: I think 1, 3 & 55. Did not scope out newbies at Cascade yet; they usually add 3 - 6 each month.

Comment

(ShockToe @ Nov. 03 2007,18:20) I did also ask about the most bar-fines in a month, and it was 52 or 53.
                      man, she's earning more than me!

I've made kathylc  

Comment

(Monkey @ Nov. 03 2007,18:23) man, she's earning more than me!
                        Yes!...  entirely possible.    It does not surprise me that the best of the girls can make close to 2 bar fines per night.

Don't kid yourselves though as most will achieve somewhere nearer 10 bar fines per month.  Work the numbers on that.

Also remember that most of the girls are doing this because there is no other reasonable form of employment open to them.

They could get a job in a local baloon factory  -  150 Baht/day.  Accomodation provided for 250 Baht/week. Believe me you would seriously not want to stay in the accommodation.

RR.

Kahuna

Comment

(ShockToe @ Nov. 04 2007,02:20) I did also ask about the most bar-fines in a month, and it was 52 or 53, but am not sure if that was the all-time record
                          you gotta have a sore ass after that~~~

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

(mardhi @ Oct. 29 2007,07:05) I think its 30b from memory from EVERY drink they get bought
                            Hey Mardhi, I assume you mean every drink bought for them and it would not include drinks that they get up an bring over for farangs?

I wonder if in some pushy gogos if service girls get a cut of the farangs drinks?

Comment

BTW the late fine of 1 baht/min goes up to 5 baht/min from 19:00 on so that's why you see the LB sprint into NEP around 18:59! Some of these gals are quite quick, even in heels.

I did look at a Cascade employee payroll statement; recent payday of 4 Nov, for the month of October. What surprised me most was that it was entirely in English! Gross salary for my friend was 6,774 baht. Lady-drinks are documented (two columns on a 3"x3" piece of paper) but no monetary figure so this does confirm no quota on lady-drinks and that they are paid on the day earned. Barfine quota is eight, and they do get 100 baht per BF over 8.

Note that all the gals do not play defense so not sure whose ass is the most sore? I expect the gal with 52 bar-fines does a fair bit of rodgering, but that's just my guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X