X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in Hua Hin?

Lately Hua Hin has been in the news. Thais maul British family on YouTube, bombings, and now a proposed sea ferry from Pattaya's Bali Hai pier. I read it is the favorite vacation spot for the King. I ran into an ad showing sub-$100 hotel rooms in the Hua Hin Hilton, but they were all sold out. The Google map shows a small walkable town. Tell me about Hua Hin. Where is a good 3+ star hotel within walking distance of the exciting bars if there are any. What is the condition of the beaches and waters? Ladyboy scene and where is it? More expensive than Pattaya bars? I read it is frowned on by the King so the cops suppress them. What is there to do there, places to visit, shopping, and how many days is enough to see everything? Where are the best restaurants and economical ones which serve lots of quality food for reasonable prices. For now what is the best way to get to Hua Hin from Bangkok? Taxi, train, AC bus from where? Crime rate same as Pattaya? Tel me more. Four years is a long time for someone to build some big boats carrying 300+ people back and forth. Must be a triple decker. A catamaran would be faster and more stable. Will buy my own compact life vest for about US$100. Two years ago a Ko Larn double decker boat sank 2 weeks after I rode it, and 4 people drowned. Lucky I know how to surf. Would carry my camera equipment in two ziplock bags plus more filled with air so my backpack can float. Be prepare for the worst. Thailand is that kind of place. From Hua Hin I can go North or South to places like Penang and Kuala Lumpur, but Hat Yai scares me. Waiting to hear from you.

Hua Hin is about the same distance from Bangkok as Pattaya just to the west. You can travel there by bus, limo or taxi for similar rates as to Pattaya, possibly slightly more.
    The town is not to big but a decent size. Then main part of Hua Hin is walkable but the entire town does sprawl out quite a bit. It is known for beautiful beaches that are much cleaner than other places like Pattaya. It is nothing at all like Pattaya and there is very little crime in comparison. Hua Hin is where the King and many other Bangkok elites go to get away, so you are right, it is more subdued than other Thai resorts. Also there is many high end hotels such as Hilton and Intercontinental which are usually full and always quite expensive.

There is some lady bars and an area that has a number of bars but it is much quieter than most places. There is no ladyboy bars but you can find some working in the lady bars.
    Still over all you are not going to find the selection of ladyboys as elsewhere but there is some decent looking girls since there is many rich people that live and visit Hua Hin.
    Hua hin is also a popular place to take your GF for vacation as it is not a real party town, but more of a relaxation resort.
    There is always options such as Tinder or Thai friendly to find ladyboys, or you can bring your own like i did.

I have visited Hua Hin once with my GF and her friends. We went there to attend a Hip Hop concert on the beach which was very fun.
    We stayed in a 3 star hotel called Tanawit Hotel and Spa Hua Hin, it was about 650 baht per night.
    You can see more about my trip here:
    https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboar...sic-4-festival

Also here is a very good recent thread about Hua Hin and the bars and places to stay.
    https://theladyboyforums.com/asiaboar.../20565-hua-hin

I would not be going anywhere near Hat Yai or anywhere in the deep south, just too much terrorism going on with the Muslim extremists there.
    Plus it a long way from Hua Hin. Phuket is south down the peninsula too but is a super long drive, flying there is really the only option.

Here is some pics from my Hua Hin visit.
    Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

you are lucky you got a great Thai GF, nice babe

Comment

great informative post crag
        For more ladyboy talk and travel tips check out https://guysnightlife.com
        For all things trans check out LadyboyWiki

Comment

HEDONIST EXTRAORDINAIRE with a camera, computer, and an Energizer bunny hum.

Comment

A privately-run ferry service from Pattaya to Hua Hin is expected to start operations on Jan 1, the Marine Department says, but the ride will be initially limited to a daily round-trip and cater only to passengers, not vehicles.

Maybe start date is January 1, 2017. Hope so.

Comment

Now they changed their mind and maybe no boat service.

Pattaya One News: Your source for international and breaking news from Thailand. Stay updated with top stories from Pattaya and beyond.

Comment

Looks like the Ferry was on for January 1 but couldn't go due to high waves.
                Not sure if i trust a Ferry that is so easily cancelled?

Pattaya One News: Your source for international and breaking news from Thailand. Stay updated with top stories from Pattaya and beyond.

Attached Files
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

I have been to Hua Hin and spent about 4 days. We drove down from Bangkok and it's a fairly nice drive. You can also take the train which arrives right in town. Stayed at the Marriott, on the beachfront, as someone in my wife's family works there and we got a large discount for a couple of suites. The beach is the big attraction. It's truly beautiful if you are a beach lover which I am not. Just an incredible view from your hotel room. Hua HIn, in my estimation, is just a typical Thai town, completely unlike Pattaya. Not hordes of tourists crowded into one area and nightlife 24/7. When I was there I never knew where the nightlife was. Didn't really know that they had one. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of places to stay. Many of them are very cheap although they are very nice. A load of B&B, small apartments and condos, guest houses, etc. You do not have to stay in the larger and more expensive hotels unless you want to. To tell you the truth, unless you like the beach and water sports, there is really nothing much else to do there, IMO. I like Bangkok with it's multitude of things to do and big city atmosphere. The best site for checking out all types of places to stay in Hua HIn is Agoda.com.

Comment

Working...
                  X