Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is many options for hotels in Pattaya and you should be able to find something that fits your needs.
    We can give you suggestions but there is many to choose from and a majority of rooms in Pattaya have lots of mirrors.

The LK Chain has many decent hotels in Pattaya and many are in the Soi Buakhao area around Areca Lodge.
    You can find many specials on agoda with these hotels and they have many good features like gyms and pools.
    I believe all their hotels allow your first guest for free.
    LK Group Pattaya Hotels " Welcome to LK Group Definitely Exclusive Hotels & Resorts in Pattaya Thailand

I stayed at the LK renaissance last time, great location.

The Central area around Areca and Soi Buakhao has many ladyboy bars and new ones I have not heard of like Fantasy Bar and Duanjai Bar, which is right beside the LK Metro.
    When i searched ladyboy bars in google maps more came up than I have heard of, an even more comphrensive map.
    The Kitten club is Obsessions Pattaya but not sure if it is still open, it is right by the Penthouse sex hotel mentioned earlier in this thread.

This area is a little more upscale than the Soi 7-8 area with even more bars and restaurant. The big thing that distinguishes this area is that Thai people actually live around here.
    So there is more real life going on compared to Soi 6-7-8 which is all bars, restaurants and cheap hotels. No Thais live here other than girls who may stay in the bars.
    Soi Buakhao area is actually safer at night too and you sometimes see ladyboys just working out in front of their apartments.

Some people who prefer a cleaner beach and more value for their money like to stay at Jomtien Beach too.
    It is about a 20 minute baht bus ride to Walking street for about 10 baht.
    This area is much more laid back and the beach is clean and swimmable, with less bar action.
    (Pattaya Beach is not swimmable, the water is toxic and soupy)
    There is bars here with ladyboys but not many.
    Great hotels are ridiculously cheap over there.

Attached Files
    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Read:

Pattayaone.net
      PattayaMail.com
      Google "Thailand scams"
      Google "Open Luggage Pen"
      Google "Thailand street fights"

Comment

Originally posted by Tropicalz View Post
        Thanks Crag, so I could trust the Hotel Safe for the keys Passport and maybe the laptop (sadly it is possible that I may still have to work a little while in Pattaya as there are always unexpected deadlines that pop up at any time and I get email alerts).

George is it safe to attach that pacsafe anywhere with a cable? or hide it in your suitcase?

and how about taxi services in Pattaya I am sure it will be a short ride from anywhere but on a hot day might be worth it I am not sure?
        Pretty much every room in Pattaya has a room safe, which are quite secure, even the condos.
        Most hotels have hotel safe at reception to also leave stuff if you wish, including your room key when you go out.
        You should always carry your passport or a copy of it on you by law, I don't always do this but a copy is a good idea.
        You need your passport to exchange money, use credit card and buy simm cards, sometimes to get into discos etc.

I work on the computer all the time and have tons of cameras, tablets, phones, gadgets etc. etc.
        Never have I even locked by laptop up and never an issue whatsoever.
        If you feel more comfortable cabling things or whatever that can help your worries.
        I have stayed in at least 60 different hotels in Thailand over hundreds of nights and not a thing has been touched.
        Nothing has ever gone missing or fiddled with, people are quite respectful, Break and enters are very rare.
        I have never heard first hand of anyone I know or talked being robbed or have anything stolen from their room in Thailand.
        Getting ripped off by sales people and drivers etc. is a different story........but this falls under tourist scams, not theft.

Employees will never take anything for fear or their job and prison.
        Plus there is not really anywhere for them to go with your stuff or necessarily sell it, police can find them easy.
        if they take cash perhaps it is easier but still they can be identified.
        Being Buddhist the majority would never think of stealing.

The thing about Thailand and Pattaya specifically is the police do not put up with shit from locals.
        If they do anything to the sacred tourists like theft, they will see prison time 100%.
        It is not like Canada where they will get off 5 times and never go to prison, Thailand is serious business when it comes to the law.
        They may however be less lenient to Thais around drinking and driving, sex work etc, theft, drugs and personal crimes are serious.

You will almost never have a problem if you stay away from the drug addicts they are really the only ones with nothing to lose.
        Most of the stories of guys getting robbed start with taking seedy individuals back to their room.
        This is pretty much the start of every story of pattayamail and pattayaone. Someone pick up someone or was robbed in a seedy area.
        I've never even been close to fight with anyone in Thailand, nor really seen any serious violence.
        The police did shoot some Guy on Soi 8 one time when we were near there, but this is generally a low rent area.

Sure you can get a ladyboy down at the beach (Coconut Bar) for 200 baht or even free, but they are probably on drugs, diseased and dangerous.
        Don't leave girls alone in your room either, even though I have never had a problem.

As said many times you use the Baht Buses to get around Pattaya.
        They are hundreds of pick up trucks with tops on the back and seats.
        They run up and down Beach road and the other main streets and cost 10 baht per ride.
        You just hop on and off as necessary, everyone uses these all the time.
        They are shaded and open air so fairly cool and fun to ride actually.

As I say you can stay in a nice area like central around Soi Bukahao an walk around to many places easy.
        Or you can take a baht bus very easy to other areas of Pattaya or Jomtien, even over to Naklua.
        There is barely any real taxis in Pattaya as everyone uses baht buses.
        You can negotiate with the driver if you want to hire it exclusively.

If you want to go anywhere else faster or off the bus routes you can take a motorcycle taxi.
        Cheap but can be scary and dangerous, but sometimes the best or only option.

Attached Files
        www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Pill View Post
          Read:

Pattayaone.net
          PattayaMail.com
          Google "Thailand scams"
          Google "Open Luggage Pen"
          Google "Thailand street fights"
          All the stories on Pattayaone and pattayamail start with the person doing something like take cheap hookers back to their room.
          Or people being robbed while hanging out in seedy areas like the beach at night.

I'm not sure where you have seen these Thai street fights.
          Sure if you go looking for a fight you may find it but I've never ever seen this other than demonstrations of Muay Thai.

People can open your suitcase anywhere with a ball point pen. I would say room thefts are more common in north america than Thailand.
          Plus why use a ball point pen when they can just take your whole bag?

Most Thai scams involve taxis, rentals, tailors, gems and tours.
          Theft in hotel rooms and violence is not prevalent.
          www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

For the Pacsafe, I would drill two holes on both side of the top suitcase handle and string a one-foot braided cable through them with the ends INSIDE. Then I would connect them together with two 1/8" clamp set from Home Depot. They're at the section with the steel cables which you can cut to any length of your choice. Now you can make some short thinner steel cables 1,3, or 4 feet long and loop the ends into circles with those little aluminum pinch tubes. String your clothes through them string one end through the other. with a lock you can attach many cables to the thicker handle cables. This is where you will attack the Pacsafe bag INSIDE your luggage. Make a 10-foot thin cable and loop in around one handle and the other locked around the arm of an armchair or anything a thief cannot carry away. Did you Goodle "Open luggage pen"? for this problem I would punch two mini holes near the zipper handles and attach a luggage cable lock through the two eyes of the zipper handles and loop it through a steel bendable wire strung through the 2 mini holes. this way a thief cannot close the zippers if he can't pull the zippers to close it. I keep only about a B5-10K in the hotel room safe along with glasses, sunglasses, money clip, etc. Nothing really important. You need to think like a Thai thief to outsmart them. Since it's getting harder to get those different sized of Pacsafe bags I suggest you buy one of each before they stop manufacturing them. Do NOT store anything in a hotel safe behind the front desk or in their main office. Trust NO one!

For taxi service, do visit the two Thai girls manning the desk right in front of the 9-11 store across the street from the Sunshine Hotel. they will not rip you off. Ask and ye shall receive. Ever try the motorcycle taxis. They are so convenient and cheaper. The Baht bus is good but you must watch your packages, fanny packs, and backpacks carefully. There are pickpockets. I left my pocket zipper open in my backpack and she got my new crocodile wallet. Was empty though.

For returning to Bangkok, I strongly advise you to take the taxi. If you land at Ekamai Bus Station you will be trapped by the ripoff taxi drivers in the parking lot. If you stand on the curb of Sukhumvit St. not one taxi will pick you up. Total taxi scam Bangkok wide. So take a taxi called in by the two gals. You'll be happier. that's why you'll be better at Sunshine Hotel. Short rides can be taken by taxi. Remember November to February is the cooler drier times of the year and the best times to visit. Don't take the taxi's parked at the side entrance of the Hilton Shopping Center on Soi 9. Ripper offers. There is a neat unknown short cut between soi 8 and 9. Walk downhill from the Hotel until you see the Subway Sandwich shop. Now turn around and walk through the walk through and that will take you to the super cold shopping center. Lots of eating places at the 4th and 5th floors. You'll like Miyazaki's which is a Benihana-like restaurant. Cheap prices. Explore. After that you walk back to Soi 7 and 8 for deserts.

About carrying your valuables. I do use a pouch with black and tan belt straps and tuck it inside my waistband. I keep a large paperclip with small bills of some 100's and 10's just so the robber won't get mad if my pockets are empty. I NEVER carry my debit or credit cards on me. If I see something expensive I want to buy, I return to my hotel and get the cash. Like I said there's a popular scam where a crooked merchant will take your card into a back room and make two bills. One your sign and another they will forge your signature after you signed the first one. Never happened to me but I read it online. Other scams are where the driver asks if you want some pot. He will call the cops and get a reward and the cops will rip you off. Then you get a long stay at Chiang Man prison. Another is at the Suvarnabhumi Airport duty free shop. You buy something and when you're not looking someone sneaks in a lipstick or mascara stick. You walk out and the cops arrest you. they will charge you tens of thousands of dollars. They couple could not get help from their embassy and had to sneak across the border to escape. So Google Thailand scams, Pattaya scams, Bangkok scams, etc. Lot so very interesting readings. A successful trip is when I never use my credit cards. The ATM machines are pretty good. I used them only in 2012 my first trip. Ask the bank to coach you how to get the highest withdrawal. Used to be B20K, but shrunk from there. I don't feel comfortable carrying a debit or credit card. Someone can threaten you with death and get your password or number. then what? Shoulda, coulda used cash.

Ask another question. It's Sunday.

Comment

Thanks Crag, what you said makes perfect sense I have had similar sense about theft vs scams in my trips to the philippines and other parts of Asia. I was never robbed nor beaten gotten into any fight, and I admit I hung out at night in some seemingly seedy areas without knowing just minding my own business even though I got stared at a lot I never made long eye contacts with anyone.
              I am not into street girls never have been so I should be safe in that department as it is my first vacation I will not go too cheap and try to stay in safer cleaner hotels and bars as well.
              And as always your maps are so helpful.

George thanks again for all the details I must admit it can be a bit worrisome thinking they can frame you like that and get you in trouble so easily. Lucky for me I am not into shopping and rarely visit duty free stores.
              I will keep those two girls across from sunshine hotel for taxis in mind. IN fact I am going to do a google street view search to see if I can see them or where they are.

would you mind taking a picture of your pacsafe and suitcase set up if it is handy or still have it? I am in the process of preparing everything now.

Well it's labour Day monday and almost feels like a Sunday.
              My question is who else beside me is gong to be In Thailand this coming December?

Comment

You don't need to hire taxis in Pattaya, you just take the baht bus, or motorcycles if you have to.
                There isn't that many normal taxis in Pattaya and they aren't near as cheap as the other 2 options.

If you need a taxi or car to Bangkok from Pattaya, that you would have to arrange.
                Often you can get the same car that you hire from Bangkok.

Usually you can get a car from Bangkok to Pattaya for 1000 - 1500 baht, anything under 1200 is a great deal.
                Beats trying to take the regular bus as private cars are cheap in Thailand.
                Often your hotel can get you a decent price on a car or you ask at taxi stands for pricing.

I have not had any issue with theft, scams or storing my bags every in Thailand.
                www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

20170905_123127.jpg20170905_123035.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

20170905_122944.jpg20170905_122944.jpg20170905_122916.jpg

Comment

20170905_122904.jpg20170905_122904.jpg20170905_122901_001.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

The bags are pretty beat up but still work good. Gives me a peace of mind knowing my things are secure and better than the hotel room safe. My bags look ugly with yellow spray paint because I want to discourage thieves from walking away with them after they pop out the conveyor belt. I laugh at all the tourists because they can't figure out which is their bag. They are all black. Plenty of delays at the passport lines. On my first two trips to Thailand my bags were broken into 4 times! Two on both arrivals and two on both departures. forking raccoons at the airport. Suvarnabhumi Airport is the worst airport in the world for luggage theft. It supposedly is better now because they just steal things out of you bags and give them back to you lighter. they got the keys to your locks remember? They like to steal new things that you bought in Thailand because they can resell them at Jatujak Flea Market. So dirty up those items before you put them in the bag or don't buy anything that you can get at home. Like I said I make some thin braided cables 3-5 feet long and string all my underwear, shirts, and pants into them. Then lock them inside my luggage. I hate the shirts they sell because they shrink badly. The stores sell only XL as the largest sizes, and I need XXL to match the American made XL's. When you depart Suvarnabhumi (soo wana poom) airport you will see a machine that wraps your luggage all around with cellophane tape. I just buy a roll of shrink wrap and do it myself with mailing tape. After you get home you can just cut it open and dispose of it. Take a roll of tape with you just in case they ask you to open it again.

Oh yeah. Before you go home. Take a ride on a motorcycle taxi in Bangkok with your GoPro. Those MC drivers are maniacs. I have a video of my ride from central Bangkok back to my hotel near NEP. They like to split lanes. That means drive between the narrow spaces between cars when they are moving. When they get to a stuck traffic situation they actually gun their bikes and change into the oncoming lane right into traffic. See what happens and don't turn off the cam. Keep your other hand on your balls. It's like a 7 Flags roller coaster ride. Fun!

Also about all the hotels. They give you complimentary free breakfasts. Sunshine Hotel has good breakfasts and so does Flipper Lodge downhill. Lots of fruits, rice, salads, eggs scrambled or omelets, good good food. Some serve bird food and lousy fare. The JW Marriot and Shraton on Sukhumvit don't include breakfasts even though their prices are high. I like to visit all the hotels and take pics of their interiors when I'm bored. JW Marriot is super nice with the luxurious bathroom same size as the bedroom. Great lighting for photography. All bathrooms have this funny sprayer nozzle next to the toilet like we have on our kitchen sinks. Use them. They got it right. You'll feel cleaner.

When are you going there? I haven't made my reservations yet. Remember there is a water volleyball contest for ladyboys in the first week of November. It's fun.

Comment

Again Much obliged for all the tips and photos thank you both gentlemen. I will keep everything in mind. Choices choices I don't think I could go wrong with most of them though.

George I will be there in December. Unfortunately I will miss the volleyball and other shows probably but since it is my first trip the first two three weeks will probably be spent relaxing eating drinking and bar hopping. If I like it a lot there I may stay longer into January, still not sure.

Comment

You definitely WILL like it. December to January are the peak months. The majority of young ladyboys want to come when the tourist crowds are the thickest. This is the best time of the year when the weather is cooler and less rainy. Remember the game. You buy the gal some drinks, pay the bar fine (BF) which may be B500, negotiate the price which I set at B1000. If she squacks just say if she's good I might tip you more. After the first cum say, "I want you to cum again" and repeat after the second money shot. If you like her ask how much more if she can stay all night. You might be surprised how little it is. Experiment. If every goes great. Try going for two at a time. Play the hard negotiator. "nah, nah, too much. I pay only B1000" and smile like you got all the time in the world. They love sex and know they have a lot of competitors. Go gotta agree to your price. Have fun and be careful of the underage kids. check their ID's. There must be a lot of guys saying, "I didn't know!" I can understand their confusion. Some of these Gogo bars with real girls have some totally naked underage girls in Soi Cowboy. I can tell. They are tiny and have no hair pimples left if they shaved. Almost fainted. The cops don't bother you, but there is a joke that you never pay a prostitute for sex. You pay a guest to leave so you can get some sleep. So many bars, so many girls and ladyboys, so many places to go, shows to see that you'll ask yourself the same question I ask myself, "Why didn't I come here 10 years ago?" For all of you who just read this website I want you to empty your savings and come on over here. Don't put it in your bucket list because it will be too late. When you die you will be happy you did it. I remember the first time I came back in 2012. I left a complete MAN.

Comment

Good tips George thanks yes I will definitely check Ids. Yes, you pay people to leave you alone. We always do don't we ha ha

Comment

When you arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport and load your luggage on one of their nice push rollers. Do NOT head for the taxis delivering their passengers for the departures. Go downstairs to the bottom floor using the conveyor belt escalators or stairs, This is one of the most beautiful airports in the world but the worst for luggage theft. When you get to the bottom floor walk out the right most exit. (If you are inside the airport and looking toward the front glass facade this exit is to your right). Once outside you will look left and see one or two box cubicles. Head toward them and wait for a taxi driver to hear your destination. He will take your pushcart and load your bags inside a Toyota medium sedan. These cars are all powered by gas (not gasoline) so less pollution. Insist the driver turn on the meter. No! No! Turn it on! Finally he will say aaaah and then turn it on. Saves me B200 if I'm going to Bangkok city which I tip him anyway. If you want to go to Pattaya they know where it is but sometimes they can't find your hotel. When they reach Pattaya just tell him head for the beach or waters. You will drive down Pattaya Beach Road and see some beautiful hotels. Watch for the unique giant ocean ship-shaped boat. So artistic. You will count the streets Soi 1 and on and the Soi signs are clear to read at numbers on blue circles. Slow down when you get to Soi 7, Turn into Soi 8 which is very narrow. Go on until you see a 7-11 store on your left. Sunshine is opposite it. You have arrived. Shout for the bag boys to help. Pay the driver and tip B100-300 depending on how much you valued your life. When you paid your hotel reservations you actually paid something like 10% service charge so no need tip anybody. You already tipped them unless you're generous. Unbag everything and lock them all up. You don't want to start your vacation waking up the next morning discovering your valuables gone. I don't bring any jewelry except 2 Ironman watches which I like because I can press a button and the numbers turn florescent. Then cross the street and expose yourself to screaming hospitality girls and boys yelling, "Handsome Man!" Like me you'd probably thought you died and went to Heaven. they want you to come inside and buy them drinks for conversation. Some of them are pretty good with English. Watch out their friends come around to welcome you and ask for drinks. I say only one at a time or later. I like to control the atmosphere. Personally I like the smaller and younger ones as they are very pretty with nice hair and good skin. The older ones are tired of forking and lazy. Full of dirty tricks like saying, "You took photos. I want B1000." I say fork you! and get ready to punch their jaw. they always back off. I blame myself for not qualifying them better. You will learn and get better and better. Ask them how much for short time (ST) and you might be surprised how much they want for long time (LT). Also need to ask if you need to pay for bar fine (BF). Pretty complicated. Breakfast is served at 7 AM on the second floor. Got some Russians who never smile or trust anybody and some Indians who like to throw their rice at their faces missing every other time. Makes real mess on the tables.

One more tip. When you are bored. Walk down Second Pattaya Road which is the second long boulevard parallel to the Beach Road. Seek out Soi 11 and walk away from the beach direction. You will see Honey's Corner and across the street is H. Boutique hotel. This is a nice new hotel in a quieter part of town. Would stay here if I can't stay at Sunshine Hotel. Honey's is owned by some rich Thai with two Honey's Massage Parlors. In the same building as Honey's Corner is a small door to Heaven. Enter it and it is dark. But out yonder are bright lights and you will feast you eyes on some of the most voluptuous women in Thailand. So many muscle girls who will woo you like the Sirens of the Iliad and the Odyssey. Sit down and enjoy the scenery. then ask what the price for a bath massage upstair. Pretty high. Then you walk out sad. There are a few Indians who just look and never take their money out of their pants. I tried one once. Disappointed. She had hidden her baby saggy baggies under her minidress. All it is is you take a bath and lie down on an air mattress and she massages you with her body on top of yours. Exciting? Not to me.
                                Last edited by George Pill; 09-15-2017, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X