Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW I changed $1k at the Terminal 21 department store at Asoke. Nice lady counted B35,000 for. Then I took the elevator to the 2nd floor for a Skytrain ride. Saw a long line to another money changer. Their rate was 35.11 to the dollar. But it's a long line, and I hate standing in them just for an extra B110. In Pattaya rates are around 34.5. I advise you to change US$100 to 200 at the airport. B32 to the dollar then visit Terminal 21. Still I hate carrying so much cash. I remember a time when you could carry $500 or $1000 dollar bills. Did u know the banks no longer sell Traveler's Cheques? Times have changed. Wonder if I should get another backup debit card.

Fra Pattaya has changed ownership. Service and food quality and quantity has deteriorated. I requested duck soup with egg noodles and add more duck and noodles to make a larger size. Had to explain it to her 3 times. Then she leaves. Back in 5 minutes. What do I want order? Again I repeat myself 3 times. Then she returns with standardThao small sized dish. I told her I want a larger size. She tells the noodles man who is different from my regular cook who always knew what I wanted. He gets angry and I leave. After thinking it over these schmucks must have thought I wanted the larger portion for free. Idiots are more plentiful post Covid19.

a problem at Witherspoons. Ordered the clam chowder. Got only 4 pieces of potatoes and lesser number of bacon. Jewish shit. Seems restaurants are now trying to catch up by jacking up prices and stiffing me on quality and quantity. my favorite place for yon tam soup and fried rice disappeared on soi 13/2. I think things are getting worse with time. Gonna get a Thai massage and try to relax. Then think about other world destinations for next year.

Comment

The best is to have multipl bank cards. Then take out the maximum on each withdrawl since the fee is the same no matter how much you take out. Cash is such a hassle in Thailand. I will never bring cash there again. Mexico is worth taking US dollars because people will actually take it as payment most places. Also it is much easier to exchange in Mexico. In Thailand last time they would take 1/4 of my money because it had a dog ear or crinkle. I will also bring some Thai baht that i get at the bank if I remember to order it in time, saves so much time and hassle. My time is worth much more than a few baht I might save running around exchanging money.
      www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

Keep you eyes open, they are starting to screen candidates for Miss Tiffany Universe 2024 (which will be the 25th anniversary). This will be a huge event, and likely the very top most beautiful lbs will enter this time.

Here is a link to the Miss Tiffany Universe Facebook page - you will need to use Google translate. It will list any events and activities coming up.

Don't be too frustrated, all the alternate counties you listed have fewer lbs than Thailand. I was there in July/Aug, and even though it was slow, there are still a number of lbs around.

As for cost and quality - it's best to try to communicate in Thai - even just using Google translate will improve things. You also need to remember that every country has suffered from inflation and are trying to keep profits. I am sure that in Hawaii, prices have gone up and/or portions have gotten smaller. Thinking that the old prices from previous years will still apply is like a dream that won't come true.

Thanks for sharing so far, and I hope you have some luck soon finding some excellent lb encounters!

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
        Membership Levels
        The Rookie Thread
        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

Finally found some LBs last night Saturday. 2 averages and 1 very good looker. Nice smile with white perfect teenager teeth. Did a good job sikiconizing her lips without over blowing them up. Good figure. None will let me take pics of their faces. Got their Line chat numbers for future dates. They all ask me what's a date? Whaddya call these meetings for show and tells?
          Am washing clothes this Sunday morning at Otterai on soi 13/2. Walked over to the post office and got a rude shock. They don't ship to Hawaii by boat. Everything's by air only. They want over US$600 to ship max 30 kg. By 1-2 weeks AIR
          Nearly same for 4 months. What a mess. Now gotta find and buy a cheapo nylong cargo bag and pay KAL $200 for 3rd luggage bag. Yknow those bags are super light and strong. Can just wrap them round and round with those green- brow mailing tape i boight across the street from the post office. This is Otterai laundry auto service. There's a machine that will change your B20 or B50 into b10 coins. B50 to wash in front loaders plus B50 to dry at one of 3 heat selections. Very nice.

This is the best fried rice place located on same soi 13/2. Across these 2 bars. They're just back in the province taking a break.

20231203_095050.jpg 20231203_095110.jpg 20231203_095119.jpg 20231203_101006.jpg 20231203_102122.jpg 20231203_102848.jpg 20231203_104323.jpg
          Otterai laundry. You can eat,go post office, Wash, and get a haircut in same area. Gotta go to Pattaya night market and check out luggage stores for strong nylon cargo bags. Might be using these for future travels. Just double bag em and wrap with postal tape. My empty samsonite 62" bag weighs 15 pound. That's a lot of wasted poundage.

Comment

Actually I knew to bring crispy new C-notes and don't staple them together. Once a window gal yelled at me for this. So I walked into the Krugsri Bank and a guy said No Problemo. Changed all my hundred notes. So everybody needs to bring new dollar bills. best exchange is in hundred dollar bills. No service charge for cash.

Comment

Yes.back in Hawaii many older restaurants and bakery shops are closing for good. Children don't want to work hard. Less profitability and rising rents. To many business break ins with stolen trucks backing into front doors. Once a bicycle shop got busted in and only the most expensive electric and racing bikes were stolen. Owner was going to close up for good. Then a week later all but one bike was recovered. Yes, he was insured. One elderly Chinese security guard was stabbed by an insane blacko. Probably going to be lost in the brand new and expensive mental hospital system. Last month a male nurse was stabbed to death by a soon to be released. Before that a patient who killed his girlfriend was able to disguise himself and walk into a waiting taxi. Cops caught him in California. I think cell phone tracking did him in. Finally decided he was not so insane after all. Now in prison. We really need back the death penalty. And a republican president who is not trump. Anybody like Halley?

Comment

Check out StickmanBangkok.com. December 3, 2023. Good reading. Funny the list of all bars in Nana Plaza is missing Obsessions.

Comment

It’s so funny and entertaining reading this thread. It’s about everything EXCEPT ladyboys. Which I thought was the whole point of the trip! How wrong I was! Keep it up, George, this is great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Escierto View Post
                    It’s so funny and entertaining reading this thread. It’s about everything EXCEPT ladyboys. Which I thought was the whole point of the trip! How wrong I was! Keep it up, George, this is great stuff!
                    Ladyboys are a good reason to go to Thailand but not the only reason. Thailand is full of amazing stuff!

1cheap.jpg
                    www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockheart View Post

Ladyboys are a good reason to go to Thailand but not the only reason. Thailand is full of amazing stuff!

1cheap.jpg
                      That’s hilarious.

Comment

• My writing style is like the authors of Lonely Planet guides. They tell the truth and the nitty grittys of backpack traveling. Do not buy pot from the tuk tuk drivers in Chiang Mai. They squeal to the cops and get a reward. Cops are crooked all over thailand. Even the Philippines. If something is bad, phony, or ripoffs I will tell u so. I will take u everywhere I go. For now pot shops are everywhere. Even in and around all bar complexes.
                        There are fewer katoeys to be found on the streets. Maybe they're on online dating sites. I sure miss those exciting bars called Stringfellows, pattaya Obsessions (most nights I was the only one there. Just ask for a smoke in the curtained room for B500 total), and Kings Bar where I could text 3 to come on up to my room from right across the street.
                        Now Putin is increasing the draft 10%. Should make young Russian boys and girls take advantage of the new temporary 90 day visa on arrival. Russia tourists are prized. I'm sure many don't intend to return to their mother country where they could die in suicidal missions. Thailand is a paradise of beautiful beaches, non-stop beer bars, and willing boys and girls plus the 3rd genders. Phuket did good building an international Airport. Good if you know how to use BOLT or some online taxi service to avoid the ripoffy taxi drivers. Be sure to always LOCK your luggage and never tell the hotel staff where you're going. I've had my camera batteries stolen from a drawer in my Yorkshire Hotel (same street as the Bangla Street where the bars and loud music is). Stay away from this Yorkshire Hotel. I asked them to buy me some tickets to Ko Phi Phi, Jane's Bond Island, and 2 ladyboy bar shows. They padded my tickets +B500 each. So never trust a Thai. Even when they smile that smirks smiles. I reciprocated by cutting my stay in half. If u want to buy tickets for shows or trips just walk outside and find a tiny little kiosk full of travel brochures. Always keep your luggage locked and cable locked to a furniture. I have bought and loved my PACSAFE travel bags.now costs around $100 and can buy at Amazon.com. research and do buy them. Might stop selling soon. I trust these more than hotel room safes. You can make your own cables to secure your bags to furniture by visiting Home Depot and cutting some 3, 5, 10, or 15 foot lengths of multistrand ss wires. Buy the aluminum things to make end loops by hammering them shut. Very lightweight. Remember PACSAFE.

Comment

• Search " Pacsafe Travelsafe Gii 5 Liter Portable Safe (Black)" at Amazon.com. got 3. 5, and 12 liter sizes. Just choose the smaller one. If you like it buy the 5 liter next. I think they'll soon stop selling these.

Comment

• This hotel/bar is still for sale. Since 2014. Used to be called Pig & Whistle. Owner used to a white European. probably English. hotel pretty outdated. Used eat there everyday. Seeing more and more closed and gutted hotels. Sad sights.
                            Crowds are increasing and the Beachwalk bars are packed by 5 pm when the sun sets. Seeing more ladyboys on soi 7 bars. None interesting. I look for youth and feminine beauty and then real smiles. Don't know where some think acting stuck up or sneering will attract customers. Many need to attend finishing schools to learn proper English, manners, correct makeups, walk straight with upright posture. One of the best femboys I dated every week was an inch taller than me. Once we walked into a Burger King and everybody stopped eating and stared at her full asscheeks peeking behind her ripped jeans hotpants. I told her I didn't like paying bar fines and Line chatted her late mornings to come on over. she liked hot showers and taking lots of photos. Two to three dates every week. 7 inched long and straight. B1k per visit. Not a bad deal. Especially when i had another hottie who was short, brown, cute, and swooned just having a tongue touching her 7 inch prong. Made some memorable GoPro videos and stills.

Anyway the Chistmas crowds are already arriving. Will recheck Pook Bar, Fantasy Lounge, and Number 8 bars tomorrow Satuday night.

Visited the new Blackwoods Hotel on Soi 7. Booked solid. Rooms are smaller than Sunshine Hotel and $6 per day higher. A dedicated toilet room, shower and big tub with a glass picture window viewing a king sized bed. A shelf too small for luggage. Infinity pool only a meter deep. Restaurant opens for breakfast and then 4 pm for dinner. Nothing outstanding. Lucky they have deep pockets since they opened a few months after the pandemic started January 2020.

20231207_170450.jpg BTW The Sportsman restaurant pub is doing well on Sunday with their Carvery buffets. Cold cuts of lamb, roast beef, chicken, and lamb with salads, soups, mashed potatoes, rice, breads. Very popular. About B550.

Last night I ate at Hops Restsurant on soi 13/1. Still good food and service. Caesar salad (Bangkok's Monsoon is a liile better) and spaghetti. Their lemon ice cream comes with a a cookie wafer. Likecthat they serve it icy cold and hard. Sweet tarty aftertaste made me order a vanilla ice cream scoop. Also hard. Wish they had Belgian chocolate ice cream like Monsoon's. Wiil try a soup and a pork chop dinner tomorrow. Tonight i ate pork slices, mushroom soup, fried veggies, and thin-sliced pork with white rice. Good with chili peppers, sweet meat sauce, and chopped garlick. B350 at Miyazaki's on 6th floor of Central Festival. Convenient to walk over to SFX theater for a movie afterwards.

Comment

• Maybe the Pig & Whistle could be a ladyboy bar. Dress all the ladyboys up as police. Then the customers can blow their whistles.

www.ladyboysthai.com

Comment

• Wish someone would take a chance and invest.in a lease. One of the reasons Kings Bar was successful was they rented rooms to katoeys and customer for days and ST activities. You were a good promoter for owner friends in Pattaya, and that Ladyboys Water Volleyball Contest was hugely popular. Glad you, others, and I took lots of photos. Now they're classics. Am depressed how bad the katoeys scenery has evolved. Damned China the wars, Russia, and the unpredictable economy. Japanese yen has lost value and they can't afford Hawaii high tourism prices. Chinese economy is a mystery. Maybe Chinese are bored with Thailand. Been here, done this, and done that. Now Vietnam and Cambodia is still cheaper and new. Anybody interested in seeing bone museums, old warcraft from foreign invasions, and eating noodle soups everyday. And seeing the famous Angor Watt ruins in the early morning sun. Gotta go to a newly built ticket office, give your photo, and pay $US65. Sneaky red tape to make more money. Only bad news I kept remembering was an incident where a soldier shot a female British women in the back of the head at AW. not hard to believe they're still war savages. One can Google Map walk through AW or just YouTube AW and Siem Reap. Very cheap to fly round trip from BKK. Just take a backpack and splurg on a fancy 5-star hotel. Tourist night spot is Pub Street with many tourist shops and very bright gay lights. Hay bars are in that area at the end of Chales de Gaulle Avenue. I wouldn't expect to see the entire AW complex. It is too big. Amazing how people's around the world will work hard with their raw hands carrying huge stones to please their kings and worship their God's. Ho on people. Travel the world by backpack, stay where they eat, sleep, and get stoned. Do it while you're young and eager. Enjoy life. Never know when there's another war, coup, pandemic, economic collapse, etc. Everything is expensive and there's no end to inflation.

Here are photos of Eastiny Plaza Hotel on soi 8. Closed and gutted. Filthy sewage swimming pool. Banks must have removed many hotels and properties. The empty spaces used to be 7 Eleven and Kings Bar next door. Miss them.
                                ​ tonight I will recheck the Tree Town scene and hop over to Pook Bar, fantasy Lounge, and No. 8 Bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X