• Record Emigration from the UK

From the Times today:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2307521.ece

Record high in stampede out of the UK
    Christmas on the beach in Sydney, Australia

(Tim Wimborne/Reuters)

Christmas on the beach in Sydney, Australia
    Nico Hines

The number of UK residents leaving the country in search of a better life abroad has soared and migration experts said that this year's non-existent summer will only add to the exodus.

Figures released today by the Office of National Statistics showed that 385,000 people left Britain in 2005-2006, more than in any year since the current method of counting was introduced in 1991. Of those, around a quarter of a million were British, although there was a sharp increase in those of foreign origin leaving the country.

The flow of long-term migrants into the UK hit 574,000 - 25,000 lower than in the previous year - meaning that there was net immigration of around 190,000.

Richard Gregan, managing director of Emigration Overseas, a private company helping people move, said that the figures had not come as a surprise and next year's could show an even sharper increase in emigration.
    Related Links

* Costa bravo

* Top 50 overseas websites

* English-owned homes attacked in Brittany

€œThe weather is always among the top reasons for leaving and this summer we have had more calls than the previous five. It€™s not the only reason, but it€™s the straw that broke the camel€™s back,€ Mr Gregan said.

Australia and Spain remain the top destinations as Britons seek to replace the wettest summer on record with year round sunshine. The property markets in the two countries no longer allow migrants to buy bigger properties for a small proportion of the sale of their UK homes, but property prices are still a significant factor.

As well as the traditional reasons for emigrating from the UK, foreign governments have been more actively seeking to recruit skilled workers, particularly from the health service.

€œThe governments that want these people are being a lot more pro-active, coming over here and telling people that if they work 38 hours a week doing this your standard of life will improve,€ said Mr Gregan.

€œIt is proving to be very successful, people are opting to go somewhere their skills are recognised.€

Last year, about 3,000 nurses and midwives left Britain to work in Australia - more than double the number making the same trip ten years ago. Around 8,000 nurses emigrated to work abroad last year.

The most highly sought-after professionals in Australia include quantity surveyors, teachers, IT consultants. This year auto-electricians are also in demand.
    seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Is it any wonder with rising house prices, immigration and crime at all time levels?

Comment

Haha
      very funny as im one of those that left this year to take up the life in the sun, here in Australia,

Comment

Many great countries were founded by people leaving England. There's only significant migration into England if the place you're coming from is worse.

POL
        Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

very true Post-op lover,

just found it hard to settle back in England after living in Oz for 2 years, so decided to get out while i still could, Miss family & friends & the Beeb!! but compaired to the depressing state of the country and for some part the way its going downhill, cant see myself going back, apartfrom trips to see the family.

Comment

Miss family & friends & the Beeb!! But compared to the depressing state of the country and for some part the way its going downhill, cant see myself going back, apart from trips to see the family.
            My thoughts exactly.

Once you realise that there is a whole world outside the UK where it IS safe to walk the streets and it IS possible to meet girls under half a ton then there's no reason to stay.

I buggered off in 1987 after it dawned on me that the government is in place to gouge you, the council is a federal mafiosa, the wholesale immigration of freaks was being allowed to flow unimpeded for any reason.

The cops are handcuffed and the criminals are the law. No effort is being made to tame the streets and make them safe and no effort is being made to deter criminals from pursuing their crimes.

The whole country is out to scam you in some way... The BBC makes it illegal for you to buy a TV without signing up to their programming and in the meantime they are cheating the viewers through their 'phone in' scams... (or were till they were caught!) Even the venerable Blue Peter program for kids was scamming small kids out of their pocket money till someone blew the whistle on them.

The utilities sector is an unregulated scam... Gas companies will use every trick in the book to change your billing company and overcharge you for their service. Since trains were de-nationalised they have become deadly. The scam of 'eco power' should be making our lives cheaper but the scammers insist that to be eco-friendly it actually has to cost you more!

Recycling is the new scam... You seperate your trash into piles and the "Waste management" companies just chuck it back together again and burn the lot because it's cheaper that way!

The high street banks are the worst criminals of all who would gladly drown their sons and daughters to sell you a loan or dodgy investment scam. The overcharging of overdafts etc are just the tip of the iceberg.

Because the cops aren't allowed to interfere with drunks and street violence or foreigners who rape and mutilate their kids the boys in blue have little to do except pull over the middle class for driving too fast!

As for the Brits themselves... they deserve everything they get. There is no sense of dignity anymore as the kids crave fame and attention at any cost. They all think they can drive but none of them can. (Stick them behind the wheel in Thailand for a week and most will be dead!) They are sullen and dreary and whiny and bitchy. They don't smile or see anything in an upbeat way. They love tabloid style entertainment and are hypnotized by TV.

And on a personal level - the women are worse than agitated baboons. There's only about 20 native English women in the whole country worth fucking. (That's down from 30 in the year 2000!) The weather is foul and the country takes a holiday and celebrates the event of a week of sunniness! The streets are filled with trash and the people filled with trash talk.

Of course the English are leaving. They are all looking for a place to call 'home!'  

Comment

Haha,

so true, just listening to the radio on the internet, and listening to the report of a 11 year old boy, shot dead in liverpool walking home from playing football, by another boy on a Bmx bike!!! what is happening to our world?
              and having lived somewhere clean & like you say safe to walk the streets at night, did i want to stay there?

NO!! I didnt

not that i think the crime rate had changed or how much dirtyer the place had become, but like you said having your eye's opened

Comment

There goes Stogie again, bragging about how avant-garde England is, and how it's taken the US 20 years to catch up. The first several paragraphs fit the US to a T.

POL
                Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

im backing britian      

Comment

(allstar88 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:53) im backing britian      
                    Good for you...What's "britian?"
                    "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

The Daily Telegraph 23 8 2007

One in four people born in the UK has a foreign parent.
                      This will rise soon to one on three.
                      On in two in London is born to a foreign parent.

The govt have let immigration get completely out of control. The Cities are being taken over buy foreigners while countryside remains largely untouched so far.

Comment

Lets all move to the countryside then!

Comment

Sorry guys but a country is made by the people who are living in and founded it. Great people = Great country & vice-versa of course.

Now, can somebody tell me which is a real great country?
                          Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

im backing britian
                            And don't get me started on the education system!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 22 2007,23:10) The number of UK residents leaving the country in search of a better life abroad has soared and migration experts said that this year's non-existent summer will only add to the exodus.......
                              €œIt is proving to be very successful, people are opting to go somewhere their skills are recognised.€
                              Well, I've left ... and dont need to do much searching to confirm my new 'recovery plan' !!    And my skills are recognised .... in Obsessions   .... in Casanova .... in Guess Bar (professional way I open my wallet, I think)
                              TT

Comment

Working...
                              X