Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Looker @ Aug. 23 2007,23:38) Sorry guys but a country is made by the people who are living in and founded it. Great people = Great country & vice-versa of course.

Now, can somebody tell me which is a real great country?
    Australia, of course. Founded by the best that Britain had to offer.

And don't they know it!
    Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

This is a subject close to my heart as I have been finished mentally with the Uk for a long time.... dont by a paper, dont listen to the news and only put the radio on in the back ground as its cheaper than a dog for company (love dog's too ). Every thing we are fed here is negative and Im not interested.

Love the british country side as this is some thing they havent spoilt YET and spend a lot of time there...

Last month I put my house and business on the market and as soon as its sold Im coming to live in the house ive been having built on Samui.... been 2 years in the planning and development, but only months away now........... cant wait to get out of here and see what life in asia has to offer... oooooh la la

Comment

congratulations Foggy, at least your going to live the dream, i took the first hurdle in moving to Australia this year, and in the future who knows, but would love the chance to see out my days in Asia!!

Comment

(katoeylover @ Aug. 22 2007,23:11) Is it any wonder with rising house prices, immigration and crime at all time levels?
          couldn't care less about rising house prices, My morgages are paid off , Thats right morgages plural 1 property I live in 2 that I rent out,

and if I was concerned about the unprecidented levels of immigration I hardly think the solution would be to go to a country full of foreign looking people

Anyway if Thailand is so marvelous why is Thaksin living in london?
          It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

(mister_smith @ Aug. 25 2007,00:04) Anyway if Thailand is so marvelous why is Thaksin living in london?
            Huh ? ? ?

Perhaps I'm wrong here...correct me if I am...but I thought it was because he isn't allowed to return to Thailand...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 25 2007,00:19)
              (mister_smith @ Aug. 25 2007,00:04) Anyway if Thailand is so marvelous why is Thaksin living in london?
              Huh ? ? ?
              have you edited your post? I could have sworn it said something else

Anyway I was just being a little ironic but using the Irony to make an observation if the UK is so bad and Thailand so good why does an extremley wealthy Thai Choose to live in UK
              It's never okay for men to cry! You know who cries? Girls. And little babies. And little baby girls.

Comment

(kahuna @ Aug. 23 2007,23:05)
                (allstar88 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:53) im backing britian      
                Good for you...What's "britian?"  
                  uk    

Comment

(stogie bear @ Aug. 24 2007,01:46)
                  im backing britian
                    And don't get me started on the education system!    

Comment

(mister_smith @ Aug. 25 2007,00:27) have you edited your post? I could have sworn it said something else
                    Yes I did sorry...but esentially I said the same...just not as caustic...

Comment

(allstar88 @ Aug. 25 2007,00:30)
                      (kahuna @ Aug. 23 2007,23:05)
                      (allstar88 @ Aug. 23 2007,22:53) im backing britian      
                      Good for you...What's "britian?"  
                        uk    
                      Just having a bit of fun with you...cause I never make typogarphic errors or $lips of pen...

Comment

(post-op lover @ Aug. 24 2007,14:27) Now, can somebody tell me which is a real great country?  
                        Australia, of course.  Founded by the best that Britain had to offer.

And don't they know it!      [/quote]
                        Well..Have only been to Melbourne and it didn't seem a bad place. The CBD it's more like a miniaturized version of some part of London..not a surprise!! And the rest seemed quite OK.

Honestly, all your complaints about the UK sound a bit excessive to me. I may agree that you Brits have done your verrrry best to screw up the place, with lousy food, alcoholism, victorian-style education system, pricky-stiff-upper-lip attitude, classism, and so on and so forth
                        Weather wasn't your fault anyway
                        However, I still consider London as one of the best cities in the world under many points of view, and wouldn't mind at all to own a place in there where I could spend a few months a year and enjoy all the arts and happening going on on regular basis.
                        That's what I call it civilization
                        Thailand maybe good for fun..a few days..and then??
                        Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

(mister_smith @ Aug. 24 2007,22:27) Anyway I was just being a little ironic but using the Irony to make an observation if the UK is so bad and Thailand so good why does an extremley wealthy Thai Choose to live in UK
                          Are you aware of the alternatives for him?

Option 1: Be dead in Thailand. (People tried to kill him once or twice or thrice before, I think.)

Option 2: Spend the rest of his life in a Thai jail. How do you think Thai jails compare to Britain? Even in Britain you can occasionally see the sunlight. And the food, surprisingly, is better.

We could start a separate thread on Why Britain is better than being in jail in Thailand.

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

(post-op lover @ Aug. 25 2007,02:29)
                            (mister_smith @ Aug. 24 2007,22:27) Anyway I was just being a little ironic but using  the Irony to make an observation if the UK is so bad and Thailand so good why does an extremley wealthy Thai Choose to live in UK
                            Are you aware of the alternatives for him?
                            yes I'm well aware thats why I said I was being Ironic, but of all the places to scarper to where does he choose to settle?

Another Asian? country surely he'd feel more at home in Laos or Vietnam? S Korea, Japan

nope London Uk with it's miserable weather, rampant crime, ugly overweight women and swan eating asylum seekers

Comment

[quote]
                              (Looker @ Aug. 25 2007,01:02)
                              Originally posted by post-op lover,Aug. 24 2007,14:27
                              Thailand maybe good for fun..a few days..and then??  
                              Thats exactly my opinion of Thailand I enjoy coming over for a couple of weeks but when the holiday is over I'm looking forward to getting back home.

I've actually toyed with the idea of moving to Los on a semi permanent basis as I have no real work commitments and my assets could give me a decent lifestyle

But for me the only attraction is the LB's everything else about the place I hate the stink of the place, the traffic and don't get me started on the people bunch of two faced racist bastards smiling in your face while waiting to stab you in the back

Comment

(Looker @ Aug. 24 2007,23:02)
                                (post-op lover @ Aug. 24 2007,14:27) Now, can somebody tell me which is a real great country?
                                Australia, of course. Founded by the best that Britain had to offer.

And don't they know it!
                                Well..Have only been to Melbourne and it didn't seem a bad place. The CBD it's more like a miniaturized version of some part of London..not a surprise!! And the rest seemed quite OK.

Honestly, all your complaints about the UK sound a bit excessive to me. I may agree that you Brits have done your verrrry best to screw up the place, with lousy food, alcoholism, victorian-style education system, pricky-stiff-upper-lip attitude, classism, and so on and so forth
                                Weather wasn't your fault anyway
                                However, I still consider London as one of the best cities in the world under many points of view, and wouldn't mind at all to own a place in there where I could spend a few months a year and enjoy all the arts and happening going on on regular basis.
                                That's what I call it civilization
                                Thailand maybe good for fun..a few days..and then?? [/quote]
                                How dare you refer to me as British!

I think London is awful. The rest of England seems okay. And a pretty English girl with a nice accent can seduce me. Blonde caucasian, Asian (oriental, very likely not Pakistani, whom the Brits also call "Asian"), it doesn't matter (how open minded is that! ). I don't give much thought to British men, they're just part of the background.

Despite disliking London, it was the bus and train bombings that really pissed me off about religious fanatics, even more than happened with 9/11. No nation, especially not one that seems so tolerant of religions and religious fanatic immigrants, deserves that crap. The response should be far worse than the Irish ever got.

POL

Comment

Working...
                                X