• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll try 389..

Public Bus Service to other provinces.

Bus Number 389 - Suvarnabhumi Airport - Pattaya
    So many Ladyboys so little time..

Comment

They announced in the last few days that there will be a taxi queue at the new airport, and there is no need to take the shuttle bus to get a taxi.

Comment

FYI

First Flight (at least this airline)will land late on Sept 27th.......

New Airport in Bangkok, Thailand
        CX709 will be the first Cathay Pacific flight to arrive at the new airport, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, at 23:50 on 27 September.
        You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Thai Airways did the first few international flights in on 1st September  New airport

Their domestic flights will start on 15th and if I read it correctly the international flights will start on 28th.

RR.
          Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
          Kahuna

Comment

If they go ahead and limit the number of taxies that will be allowed to wait outside the terminals to the 20 that they hinted at, just image the wait when a couple of full 747's arrive at the same time. Yeah, good job welcoming people to Thailand, nothing like having to wait in a line for over 30 minutes for a taxi. I wonder if the old trick of just going upstairs to the departure area like I do at the old Airport will be something that can be done at this new place? No limit on the amount of taxies arriving with passengers that are leaving Thailand so that might be a good option.

Comment

(EyeMahk @ Sep. 10 2006,12:30) They announced in the last few days that there will be a taxi queue at the new airport, and there is no need to take the shuttle bus to get a taxi.
              thats good news,but why the fuck dont they leaveDon Muang alone till they get the new one completely up&running!!!

Comment

Posted this in the travel information section but thought I'd repeat it here as it answers the main point of this thread.

Herself flew back into the new airport this afternoon from upcountry (inside Thailand).

Tried to ask her about it on the phone - as in was it easy to get around - baggage pickup etc.
                Her reply?  'It's very beautiful'        

Anyway she did say that taxis do come into the airport.

The travelling time to the apartment - not far from Ekkamai - is 25 minutes. It should take about 35 to Nana as it takes us about 10 minutes apartment to Nana in a taxi normally.  So travel time is likely to be roughly the same as the old airport to Nana - 30/35 mins.

The fare was 300 (inc tip) so recon about 350 to Nana on a good day and 400 when the traffic is  #!*%@!

Gave up trying to ask about other transport    -  she was in the bath  

RR.
                Pedants rule, OK. Or more precisely, exhibit certain of the conventional trappings of leadership.

"I love the smell of ladyboy in the morning."
                Kahuna

Comment

Working...
                X