First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Mon!

Jamaica Explores Legalizing Marijuana
    March 1, 2008 - 12:52pm

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Jamaica is considering the legalization of marijuana, a drug revered by members of the island's large Rastafarian population who say smoking it is part of their religion.

A seven-member government commission has been researching possible changes to the Caribbean nation's anti-drug laws, which some police complain are clogging courts and jails with marijuana-related cases, a government official said Friday.

"We have discussed it, and we are preparing a report to present to the prime minister," said Deputy Prime Minister Kenneth Baugh.

In 2003, a government commission recommended legalizing marijuana in small amounts for personal use. But lawmakers never acted, saying legalization might entail loss of their country's U.S. anti-drug certification. Countries that lose it face economic sanctions.

A U.S. State Department report Friday said that Jamaica is the largest producer of marijuana in the Caribbean and a major hub for drugs bound for the United States.

Members of the Rastafarian movement, which emerged in Jamaica in the 1930s out of anger over the oppression of blacks, have long lobbied for the legalization of the drug that they say brings them closer to the divine.

There are an estimated 700,000 Rastafarians in the world, most of them among Jamaica's 2.6 million people.

(Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed... oh really? Then Fuck off!

Comment

If you can buy yourself out of jailtime for 140K baht maybe that's lucky? But 140K baht can buylots of bjs.

Comment

140K each? Whatever, it's a lot of short times packed into the average three week holiday. Any bets they won't do that again!!

Comment

Cambodia: puff away as much as you wish.

Thailand: puff away in your mate's 22nd floor condo in central Bangkok.

Comment

Not the smartest way to spend your time in LOS...and probably not the smartest of moves to discuss this topic here either...
            "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

(kahuna @ Mar. 16 2008,21:53) Not the smartest way to spend your time in LOS...
              But definitely one of the best ways to spend your time in LOS.

Comment

(kahuna @ Mar. 16 2008,21:53) probably not the smartest of moves to discuss this topic here either...
                Why is that? Perhaps your are just being a little paranoid? Isn't that supposedly a side effect for some people of excessive
                “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

in canada u can get weed really cheap (compared to the us)

also if the police catch u with it they wont do anything.....
                  gfsgdsdgsgsdgds

Comment

well, lefty was specifically asking about SE Asia - so I don't think he is too interested in what the Great White North is up to!

As for police or law enforcement monitoring the forum - it has been suspected that may be the case as certain bars were raided after it was mentioned here they were open and selling alcohol during days that where sales were banned. Whether it was coincidence or something more is unknown.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                    Membership Levels
                    The Rookie Thread
                    New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                    Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

(Lefty @ Mar. 21 2008,12:17)
                      (kahuna @ Mar. 16 2008,21:53) probably not the smartest of moves to discuss this topic here either...
                      Why is that? Perhaps your are just being a little paranoid?
                      Frankly I don't give a shit if you get caught using drugs in Thailand...that' your choice...But if you don't think this forum is monitored by Thai authorities...well, that's your choice...

Comment

I've never used illegal drugs in LOS or have any interest in doing so. No ganja, no extasy, nothing. My original question was for exactly the reasons I gave.
                        ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Your original reason (singular) in your first post simply said you are curious...you later added another reason...I would think however, that "curious" as a reason for an interest in marijuana laws in S.E. Asia is nebulous enough to invite some question of your motive...

But to infer that I am a drug user because of my post...That's going over the line...You have never met me...you don't know me or anything about me...

Comment

Also, just for the record: I have never associated with, had sex with or in any other way come into contact with a prostitute or any one involved in the sex industry in Thailand.

Comment

not bad

Monitored by Thai authorities??

No wonder traffic is so bad there! Nothing to do but monitor LB websites all day, not a bad gig really and many people here do it every day for free!

If they are reading here, man they should have better things to do
                              Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
                              -Dennis Miller

Comment

(kahuna @ Mar. 21 2008,18:49) Your original reason (singular) in your first post simply said you are curious...you later added another reason...I would think however, that "curious" as a reason for an interest in marijuana laws in S.E. Asia is nebulous enough to invite some question of your motive...

But to infer that I am a drug user because of my post...That's going over the line...You have never met me...you don't know me or anything about me...
                                My gawd, so it's ok for you to jump to the conclusion that my actual reason for asking what the laws are is because I must want to partake, but for me to make a lighthearted retort to what IMO was an amusing comment, means I'm inferring you're a drug user. Did you see the little guy? That means I am kidding. Are you that thin skinned? My humble apologies, if so.

Does weed make some people paranoid? Yes, supposedly. Are all paranoid people, pot smokers? Of course not. If IMO, you seemed paranoid by worrying that Thai authorities are monitoring this forum, are going to figure out who all the actual people are who are posting here and hunt them down or whatever, and if I have also heard that paranoia is a symptom of pot usage, does not mean I am saying you specifically must be a user.

I guess if I were the sensitive type, I could also respond to your post by saying what you said...to assume I am a pot smoker because of my post...That's going over the line...You have never met me...you don't know me or anything about me...except I really don't care if anyone thinks I am such. There are a lot worse things for one to be assumed as being, such as a Republican Right Wing Bible Thumping Bushite, but I don't think even someone was was deaf and blind would ever assume that about me.
                                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

Working...
                                X