• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa IPO

so,  did 'cha get in??

I did!

Visa  
    Guilt is Gods way of telling you you're having too much fun.
    -Dennis Miller

visa to where?

Comment

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...SdNNZS9NhSQh0Q

hey, cool ......if I sit on this for a year or 3 I just *may* be able to re-gain all the losses I have had the pasy year!
      -Dennis Miller

Comment

Not bad...

44 bugs..
        68 high ,now..56,50

I hope you relized already....
        Ladyboy Pro....A Bigger Bang

Comment

There should be regulations such that all IPOs get done the Google way where the little guy is on equal footing with the pros.

Comment

AMEN!!

it says the list price was 44 bucks but only the big boys got it at this price..... even if you pre-ordered with your broker you couldn't get it until the vultures had their turn first and by then it was at 58; which is where I got it.

63.21 +6.71 (+11.88%) 63.17 x100 63.19 x400

Up 12% today from what I paid ...... damn, I wish ALL my investments were even close to that! Most are going backwards these days.

This is a long-termer...... same as Google or Mastercard it's best to sit on this and see how it all plays out in 2-4 years, hopefully it will be at 116 someday and a 100% profit realized.
            -Dennis Miller

Comment

IMHO, I think this IPO was a really elegant exit strategy for wall street to cash in.

Blackrock last year is now half the price and I think most financials are headed the same way.

Comment

Up   36% since day one, not bad really  

Ummmm, since most investments in the US these days go backwards, who can doubt a 30%  increase?

welcome news  for a change
                Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Got in on the IPO too and that was before it was trading.  Yes, mega bucks but you can not micro manage your investments on a daily basis.
                  You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

that's true, but how can you avoid looking when your pension fund sends you an update? And you know you sent in {X} amount of dollars since the last letter and yet you are losing money?? That's a sin ...... hell, I could do better with my local bank, at least I'd be making something; with my long term investments they are all losing right now.

I didn't pull the trigger on the Google IPO and have been kicking myself ever since; this one was a no-brainer and will show a 100% return by end of year.

Comment

I make a guaranteed 7.25 tax free on a $500 a month savings pan and 6.5% tax free and stress free on every other penny I own. It's legal and I can sleep at night.

Gambling isn't for me.

Comment

You have to look at investing in the long term - historically equities outperform other investments (this is over 10+ years). Remember you only lose money if you sell. I have been in mutual funds over the past 20 years and my net return has been about 10% - not fantastic, but still pretty good and above the inflation rate for that time period.

Dollar cost averaging investment is the least risky method of investing - while it doesn't offer the glamour of a possible 30% return, it is a less risky way to get reasonable returns without developing ulcers.

Do you remember the savings and loans crisis of the 1980s and 1990s? Well, if you were invested in the market just before that and held on, continued to invest, you would have been further ahead than selling everything off and panicking.

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
                        Membership Levels
                        The Rookie Thread
                        New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
                        Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

I'd be happy with a 10% on every investment for the rest of my days ....... after University is paid for and a few more years of sitting on my condo are in the bank, a 10% return on my portfolio at that particular time just 'may' be enough to sustain myself 'till dead; as long as I live in a 3rd world country lol.

which I plan on doing  

just haven't picked which one yet

Comment

Welcome back JD!

I'm waiting to get in on the LadyForum IPO.

With interest rates low, one way for Americans to earn higher interest is to buy FXA which is a play on the Aussie dolllar and pays the much higher Aussie interest rate.

As for me, I need every baht I can earn from investment income as I can't keep up spending at the bars with guys on holiday.

Comment

Glad to see you back JayDee!
                              Do only what you think it's good for you, and not what others think should be good for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X