Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guy, besides the rare post in the main room I just like reading here.... pretty bored with the whole ladyboy deal these days but this room has many like-minded folks and we can talk about any subject under the sun!

Addendum to this.... I am NOT a gambler of any type and actually just let any money I do have sit; my condo, my pension, a Vanguard account and now this Visa deal for about 5% of my portfolio, that's all. I do not "play the market", but Vanguard with my savings and my Pension plan at American Funds DO..... they balance the accounts between stocks and bonds and as I say since about October they are both way off, it really sucks.

People much smarter than I tell me to just let it sit, same as RX said above....over time they will correct themselves {we hope??}.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

JD, after the saving and loan crash in the late 80's and early 90's I was down 15% on my portfolio. By not panicking and continued investing (dollar cost averaging), I am up 10% now - so yes, being patient not doing anything rash is the key. Vanguard is a reliable fund and has performed well over the long term.

When it gets closer to the time you actually want to retire is when you start moving out of equities to more secure investments (bonds, guaranteed desposits, etc.).

Click on the links below and discover how the Forums work
      Membership Levels
      The Rookie Thread
      New to The Ladyboy Forums? Introduce yourself!
      Old Members Must Reset Their Passwords

Comment

ya, that's what I have heard ..... if you are still 10-15 years from retirement, 75% of funds could be in the market and then as you get older move them into safer bonds once you are ready to stop working and have enough saved {how much is ever enough though?}.

I wouldn't know much about the 80's and 90's market or even the bust of 2001-2002; I was broke all of that time, even went through a bankruptcy in 1999. Now for a change I have something to work with; far from wealthy or even secure, I can nonetheless provide a good living for myself and the 2 most important people in my life while still managing to save for the future.

Come on, market turn-around!! we are waiting.....

Comment

(JaiDee @ May 03 2008,15:20) Come on, market turn-around!! we are waiting.....
          Not going to happen this side of summer....
          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Big Question is......
            Will Visa do as well as Mastercard did?
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

If  you put  10K into Mastercard in 2006  you'd have 50K now;  not bad.

But mild in comparison to Google of course {God}, that same 10K invested in 2004 would have been 80K by last year.... it has since gone down.

I'd say Visa will double for sure.... if it can go to 271 {from 56} ke MC did; who knows, all I do  know is that I am sitting on it for 5 years or more.

Comment

this might be unrelated but I don't like USD related stocks since you need to buy gold etf along with it to hedge against the dollar which is quite a hassle..

If you price US stocks in gold, oil or any major currency you'd experience a probable decline even if the equity value goes up.

Comment

Working...
                X