Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I forgot to mention The Cramps-whom I toured in 1986 or 7 - boy my memory is fading.
    They came to Oz and literally did not leave their hotel rooms, apart from flying to the next City.They would go straight from the room to the gig, to the bandroom, to the stage and then leave right after the gig had finished.The ultimate weirdo's, but great.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Oct. 03 2008,20:11) David Bowie's "sound and Vision" at Maine Rd Manchester
      Where?    heard it had been bulldozed now  

I did see Simple Minds there once and    up on the pitch   sorry
      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I've seen the Stones ( best band in the world by far) a few times but the best was at Rounday Park in Leeds in the 80's during a red hot summer.

I remember lying sleeping on the grass and waking to see a girl stood astride my face and looking up at her black panties   . I've never forgotten that image to this day  

P.S. The Stones were fuckin fantastic too    

Comment

Seen alot of concerts over the years but the stand out has to be Elton John with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

A perfect blend of talent and music.
          Anthonymustang

Comment

(JaiDee @ Oct. 03 2008,22:13)   as Stogie says......too many to name, I've probably seen 300 bands in my life, no joke
            Same Same, I can include U2, Public Enemy, Simply Red (   ) etc plus loads and loads including Olivia Newton John in 1978

I do love going watching live bands and my next wish is  AC/DC in the UK 

Comment

Funny... saw The Cramps at The London Lyceum in about '78. They were touring and opening for The Police. I'm a human fly... I went out the next day and bought their 12" single!

Comment

funny, now we are ALL dating ourselves!!

I have seen the Cramps also, at The Channel in Boston, probably 1981 or so.

I said 300 concerts I have been to and then when I thought about that I realized....wait a sec, 30 years of concerts, that's only 10 per year!! and I KNOW I have seen more than that, you guys as well I am sure. If you include support acts, probably closer to 500-600??

Jim, you saw SLF in Belfast in their heydey, they used to tour the states back then quite often also.....I saw 'em at The Whiskey in L.A. in October, 1980, I still have the ticket stubs..... back-to-back nights, I went to both shows and slept in my old beat-up chevy parked off Sunset Blvd.... Jake Burns was my idol back then.

Great stuff up here, what memories!!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Dating...yes. November of 1971, The Forum in LA, opening act...Yes, followed by J.Geils Band, headlined by Ten Years After; I was 5 feet from the stage, festival seating. Emerson, Lake & Palmer was also a great show...I remember the surround sound speaker setup. Smaller venue shows at the Santa Monica Civic include Queen, Sparks, Gentle Giant, among others. Saw Todd Rundgren in Glendale at an outdoor venue. Loudest concert: Black Sabbath in San Bernardino, my ears were ringing for 2 days. Best show: I saw Rory Gallagher at a small venue...a converted warehouse, cannot remember the name of the place in Southern CA...excellent show. Relatively recent shows that were also very good...2002 Paul McCartney at the Shark Tank in San Jose. The Rolling Stones in Las Vegas in 2005 at the MGM Grand...great show.

Comment

(sev7en @ Oct. 04 2008,06:35) the Pixies worth a  mention
                    Saw them in 1991 just before they split , Black Francis screaming through a PA loudhailer (he sure could holler ) , Kim Deal must have been the coolest chick in rock , amazing - I never cared much for Nirvana they were just pretenders to the Pixies throne .

Keep em coming
                    Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

(jimslim @ Oct. 04 2008,13:32)
                      (sev7en @ Oct. 04 2008,06:35) the Pixies worth a  mention
                      Saw them in 1991 just before they split , Black Francis screaming through a PA loudhailer (he sure could holler ) , Kim Deal must have been the coolest chick in rock , amazing - I never cared much for Nirvana they were just pretenders to the Pixies throne .

Keep em coming  
                      Kim Deal is one of the coolest chicks in rock´n roll , Liz Phair too. Francis Black, lol, a madman.

I forgot, i´ve seen Johnny Thunders many times solo and with the Heartbreakers. Too young for NY Dolls.

In the early 80´s i worked extra in a record shop while in school, Johnny Thunders walked by with his gf,was living here for a few years. I dragged him in and he signed som vinyls. He was so wasted i had to help him dial the number to Jerry Nolan who was also living here with a swedish gf.
                      He was a sad junkie, but i saw him light up a few times on stage, pure rock´roll, straight from hell..

He  OD´d 1991 in a hotel room in New Orleans. Rip, Johnny.
                      "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(nigelr69 @ Oct. 04 2008,07:55) Dead Kennedys - who I brought out to Aus in 1983
                        You must have some great stories about those boys. Yello Biafra is a "special" man

And you saw the Stnoes 1965?!
                        "I can see it in the eyes.....they get hollow and soulless a year or 2 after the Op .... I coined the term ''shark eyes'' to describe that look"

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(alan1chef @ Oct. 03 2008,21:57) J.Geils Band,
                          J Geils Band in a small venue, the Warehouse in New Orleans.

5 feet from stage and some girl I never met rubbung her ass into my dick. Great show!

Comment

(PigDogg @ Oct. 04 2008,15:26)
                            (alan1chef @ Oct. 03 2008,21:57) J.Geils Band,
                            J Geils Band in a small venue, the Warehouse in New Orleans.

5 feet from stage and some girl I never met rubbung her ass into my dick.  Great show!
                            Ah, that band must have kicked ass live! Never saw them though.
                            Love stinks huh

Jaidee 2009

The other white meat

Comment

(sev7en @ Oct. 04 2008,00:29) Love stinks huh  
                              The band sold their most records in the early 80's with hits like Love Stinks, Freeze Frame, and Centerfold but I don't particularly like these tunes.

In the early 70's they had lots of raw energy and songs such as Give It To Me and Looking For A Love are more my speed.
                              But this band was much better live than in the studio.

Comment

I have not been to all that many live gigs however, I saw Paul Carrack at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge a few years back.....now that guy can sing, infact ''How Long'' would have to be one of my favourite songs of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X