Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim is right - Led Zep need to release a new album!
    No honey, no money!!

Comment

(mirimark @ Oct. 28 2008,20:48) I wake up about Four or five times a night with cramps in my calfs.   Its almost like clock work;
       230am,  330am, 400am 5am,

I am not one to do research on the internet,  but what causes Cramping so much.   I get everyday and it is always in my calf muscles.    I  never get it anywhere else only in my calfs.

Do any of you suffer from cramps on a daily basis ?

My cramps only recently started about  two months ago.  is this a preLude to my episode two days ago ?

Could it be Lack of water,  ? ? ?
      Your muscles may be crying out for calcium and potassium. Eat bananas for the potassium and drink milk for the calcium. Oh yeah, and vitamin D3 for calcium absorption.
      -swedeman007

chix with dix do amazing trix!

Comment

(ericeric @ Oct. 30 2008,16:53) Please don't take this as a smart-arsed reply,just trying to be helpful.I the previous post you mention vitamin deficiency,but the things you quote are all minerals eg phos,magnesium,calcium etc. which are present in sweat which we lose lots of in the heat.That is why those electrolyte sachets are so important.
        I think if you actually had a severe vitamin deficiency you would have quite a serious condition like scurvy or something!
        I am diabetic and am very aware of many of the health problems that 'normal' people take for granted,dehydration being easy to get due to high blood sugar levels.I don't think however that cramps etc. are signs of diabetes,the usual signs are pissing a lot,thirst.Hope to be of some help,keep those fluid levels up!
        Ok. Thanks for correcting it. Googled 'causes of cramps,' and first hit returned this as a third possible cause.

Comment

I also get cramps quite bad in my calf muscles and found that eating bannanas (as mentioned in pevious posts above) definitely helps.
          Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine", has never had the clap....

Comment

(allstar88 @ Oct. 29 2008,17:02) i get cramp sometimes when im shagging
            But Dude, thats Good Cramps
            You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

Yep I get cramps for a couple of days at least once a month!

Seriously. You did the right thing going to a doc and getting checkup. Lots of things can cause cramping from lack of circulaton due to chloesterol levels, to poor heart function to electrolytes out of wack, kidney problems and a ton of other things.

It is not always a good thing to seld diagnose, such as "thinking" your low on potassium so you eat a lot of bananas, as too much of something can do the same thing, and some things in excess can halt or slow down the uptake of other compounds that are necessary.

Lots of folks in this part get cramps and its from overindulging in so called sports drinks. Gatoraide, Poweraide etc etc. Best solution there is drink a bottle of water, then next time drink a bottle of whatever sports drink and then drink water again, keep rotating the drinks with water and not drink the electrolyte drinks alone all the time.

Comment

this can be a sign of diabetes, but not a guarantee
                heavy alcoholism can cause it too

Comment

Exactly like you Mirimark but only when I am in Thailand.When I return to Aus I am fine.

Comment

Working...
                  X