Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats exactly my main point. The question was should he have retired. If he still has the skills, and wants to play, the answer to that basic question is a definite no.

Some may say he's just doing it for the money. Well, the money enters into the equation for 99.9% of the pro players. Try changing the NFL into an amateur or volunteer players only league and see how many of these guys show up to play.

He ain't overrated either. You may have some hack media person try to say that, but I seriously doubt any opposing coach will agree.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Sep. 29 2008,10:12) Favre's stat line from Sunday

B. Favre 24/34 289 6 1

Somehow I think he still has a couple of games left

Naw, he's no good, just some overrated hick from the sticks.

For the season so far, he now has a 110.8 QB rating, 12 TDs, 4 INTs, and a 70.2 % comp pct.

Last year he completed 66.5% of his passes which was his best single season comp pct ever, and this year he is ahead of that. The country bumpkin ain't getting older, he's like fine wine, getting better with age.

For me, being he plays for a team I despise, I hate to see any of them doing well on that level, but Brett, objectively speaking, deserves his props.
      ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

Well JaiDee, your hack threw 6 touchdowns today....and your argument is crap. Brett Favre is one of the NFL's greatest QB's, and is in the same level as Joe Montana (the greatest) and Dan Marino.

Comment

the guy is a hack, always has been...
          Them smoke and mirrors are working good...

Comment

Everyone has a great day sometimes, This Guy has had a few.

It was his decision to retire when he obviously wasnt ready to go, and now the JETS will use his talent for a season or 2.
            seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

exactly, and I knew the Favre-lovers would come out after yesterday.

Problem is,  I actually watched that game, did you guys??

Phoenix or Arizona or St. Louis, whatever that team is with the red bird on the side who hasn't made the playoffs since the 80's.... they are the same as playing Green Bay High School..... if Favre DIDN'T put up big numbers against them we should be surprised!

You guys ain't changing my mind.... he's a hack who is the all-time leader in interceptions and has blown more big games than he has won.....1 title in like 18 years, isn't that PROOF?  if he could win the big ones he'd have a few more rings.

Don't even think of putting him in Elway/Montana/Brady class, he couldn't even tie their shoes in crunch time or an important 2-minute drill.......  he'd throw a pick!
              Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Just because someone defends Favre against an unwarranted attack doesn't make them a Favre-lover. Some of us were defending him BEFORE yesterday

Of course he has more INTs when he also leads in career pass attempts. Why not look at a stat that tells the true story more closely in this regard, such as TD pass/INT differential.
                Marino is the all time best at a +168, but Favre is close on his heels at a plus +162.
                Just because other QBs have been on more Super Bowl winners does not mean they are better QBs. The last time I checked it is a TEAM sport, the ultimate team sport ever invented, and the best QBs don't win Super Bowls without the some of the better supporting casts.

The 49ers won something like 3 Super Bowls with Montana as the QB, and they would have won them and maybe more with Dan Marino or Jim Kelly as their QB.
                Granted, Montana did a great job, but he doesn't do it without guys named Rice, Taylor, Craig, Rathman, etc.
                ― Henry Ward Beecher

Comment

You won't change his mind. Once he gets a notion it's struck in stone!

Comment

like most people?

Comment

He looks better to the doubters now
                      You Live and You Learn -- Hopefully!

Comment

(Stogie @ Sep. 29 2008,22:05) You won't change his mind. Once he gets a notion it's struck in stone!  

I think he has a more open mind regarding post-ops.

POL
                        Retired the top 12.  Need a new dirty dozen.  

Update: The new list is coming together: Nong Poy, Anita, Nok, Gif, Liisa Winkler, Kay, Nina Poon.  Is it possible to find 5 more?  Until then, GGs:  Jessica Alba, Yuko Ogura, Zhang Ziyi, Maggie Q, and Gong Li.

Comment

Damn, it sucks being right all the time RE  this total hack;  I said it back in september and will say it for the next 20 years..... by far the WORST  quarterback in the history of football, bar none!!

I would take any of the last 10 Lions QB's over this guy, he fucking blows and never comes through in the big games, he always throws picks..... he's a loser, a fraud, cried all through the summer to get a job and then continues his downward spiral.

http://bleacherreport.com/article....ts-suck  

'' Eric Mangini should be fired. Bob Sutton should be fired. Brian Schottenheimer should be fired. Brett Favre, please do us Jets fans a favor and retire, you have been god awful this season. ''  '' Brett Favre threw two interceptions -- both of which were picked off by Josh Wilson -- '' --- ''he has been arguably the worst quarterback in the NFL the past four weeks. ''

make that the past 12 years, the last time he won anything

I also said last year that Mangini would be fired and he will be, he's a hack also and a fraud

Thank God, there IS a Santa Claus!!  He brought the all-time worst QB in the history of the entire league to the Jets and fucked up yet another season for them, yaaaaaaaayyy!!!!

Comment

(JaiDee @ Dec. 24 2008,03:06)  Thank God, there IS a Santa Claus!!  
                            Merry Christmas JaiDee!

Comment

heh heh, right back at ya' PD

sorry for the rant, I actually hate Favre much more than your J-E-T-S!

Blue Ballz also, may God bless you and forgive you for your countless sins over the years

Comment

(JaiDee @ Dec. 24 2008,18:41) sorry for the rant...
                                I have a feeling it won't be the last!

Well well well... look what the cat dragged in!

Comment

Working...
                                X