Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't sweat it mate, I won't disturb your other rooms, ladyboys hold about as much interest for me these days as Muslim women in full burkha wear.  and after all, why would you want someone who actually knows what they are talking about posting up here?

I just couldn't resist...... I love watching ESPN and other sources ripping on this all-time worst bum in professional sports and wanted to spread the love to some other people *somewhere*, even if they all may disagree.

But stats don't lie...... lotsa yards and TD's in his 18 years or whatever, but the all-time picks leader and the absolute last person you want in a high-stress game, he will always fuck it up and throw to the other team!

Merry Christmas
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Being completely serious here, how do you think the Jets brain trust [that term used extremely loosely in this intance] went about their meetings in August?

"hey guys, I have an idea...... lets dump a promising young quarterback with tons of potential and 10 more years in the league; and not only that, but lets send him to a division rival we have to face 2 times per year. THEN......we will pick up some aging ol' "gunslinger" {LOL} pushing 40 who has 2/3rds of a season left in him after a very lacklustre career, pay him big money and watch him throw the ball to the other teams all year?"

What is this, football in the Bizarro world?

The Jets admin get all the discredit they deserve; I love reading the NYC tabloids these days, they have no mercy nor should they.

Comment

Is this one of those funny american 'world championship' sports being talked about here?
        Mister Arse

Comment

(Stewart @ Dec. 24 2008,14:04) Is this one of those funny american 'world championship' sports being talked about here?  
          It qualifies as a "World Championship" because the US is the only country that plays it on a professional level in the same format. Canadian football is a completely seperate type of game and the now defunct world league in Europe was only set up as a feeder system for the NFL. This could also be said for Baseball. Hockey and Basketball would be different because they are both played professionally world wide although I would challenge any professional team outside the US to play the Boston Celtics in a 7 game series and even be competitive for more then a half of game # 1

Sorry Stew but your sarcasm holds no merit

It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
          ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

(JaiDee @ Dec. 24 2008,12:58) Being completely serious here, how do you think the Jets brain trust [that term used extremely loosely in this intance] went about their meetings in August?

"hey guys, I have an idea...... lets dump a promising young quarterback with tons of potential and 10 more years in the league; and not only that, but lets send him to a division rival we have to face 2 times per year. THEN......we will pick up some aging ol' "gunslinger" {LOL} pushing 40 who has 2/3rds of a season left in him after a very lacklustre career, pay him big money and watch him throw the ball to the other teams all year?"

What is this, football in the Bizarro world?

The Jets admin get all the discredit they deserve; I love reading the NYC tabloids these days, they have no mercy nor should they.
            You are right about PART of what you say throughout your above rants.
            First of all, Favre in the minds of anyone rational and knowledgeable about the NFL is not going to go with the exaggerated claim that he is the worst QB in the history of the league. He has really stunk up the joint the past 4 weeks, and that's all. He looks like his arm is tired and it could be age is finally catching up or there is an injury to his shoulder he is playing through. The zip on his deep balls isn't there now. Also, maybe the fire is finally gone. He doesn't appear to be the same guy as the passionate, fun loving Favre he was for so many years. That said, if the Jets win this weekend, NE loses, and they do anything at all in the playoffs, the past 4 weeks will be forgotten.
            No coach, scout or personnel man in the league is going to agree with you that Favre has had a lackluster career. To state as much is downright laughable. Would you say the same about Dan Marino?
            As for Chad Pennington, who I am pleased as punch Miami got, (just like I predicted would happen the moment Favre went to the Jets), while very talented, smart, and the most accurate QB in league history...he is a 32 yr old proven veteran, NOT a promising young QB with ten years left in the league and tons of potential. No one in the right mind expects Chad to play another ten years. 5 more would be a reasonable maximum expectation. He has had a lot of injuries before this season...knock on wood.

Intemperate speech and wild accusations do not further your cause of carrying on some vendetta against a top ten all time QB in the right minds of anyone who knows the NFL
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(smuttleydfs @ Dec. 24 2008,22:43) Sorry Stew but your sarcasm holds no merit
              hmmmmmm
              No honey, no money!!

Comment

On a related note, congratulations to Kilkenny for winning this year's World Championship of hurling for a record 31st time
                No honey, no money!!

Comment

And of course we must give kudos to the "International" hot dog eating contest winner!!!! Joey Chestnut!!!!

Attached Files
                  It's good to King........no matter what the pay

Courage is being scared to death__and saddling up anyway

Billy Jaffe, Radio Voice of the Thrashers:
                  ”I have absolutely No problem with Ohio State. It has a beautiful campus, and for a Junior College it has really great Academics.”

"Gentlemen and ladies, 'Those Who Stay Will Be Champions' is for you too. It's for every Michigan fan that's out there. When the going gets tough, you don't cut and run. It's not the Michigan way. If I heard it once from the old man, I heard it a thousand times -- when the going gets tough you find out who your real friends are, and that's why we must stay. Because there will be championships, and this staff and these kids will bring those championships here."

Comment

You just can't make up the kind of comedy Favre produced for us this season, seriously .....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl....pe=lgns

PLEASE  come back for another season, Gunslinger, what would the league be without your multiple -interception games??  yaawwwwwnnnn

"Seven times this season Favre had multiple interceptions in a game, including the last three.... finished the season with a league-high 22 picks."

This thread was started in september and of course all holds true...... the worst player in the history of professional sports blows yet another season for another team, and their management hands their QB to a division rival who wins the title!

Classic, and you all saw it here first!

Mangini;  coaching High School flag football in September, 2009?

Comment

Funny... I got a phone call from a board member in Pattaya and he said that because of the favre chap being out of the players JaiDee would pop by and have a say on it... I swear - less than ten minutes ago I got that call!

Comment

Must've been Pig Dogg??

Hey, I am far from happy today, that ol' fool knocked my 11-5 team right out of the playoffs with his usual horrendous, God-awful performance .....  we Pats fans should have seen it coming I guess, but we actually held out hope they would come through and beat the Fish {imagine the horrors of rooting for the Jets for a day??} which would have given us the AFC east title.  Instead Moss & Co. will be golfing soon.

A last-minute pick thrown directly to a 300-pound lineman who can barely reach down to tie his own shoelaces to lose the game  and  finally put an end to  a VERY below-average career;  how fitting!  

Comment

No, was me!! lol

welcome back Jaidee, but, yes you were right!!
                          seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

Hi KL, your Steelers are looking good man, and I am rooting for 'em now

Maybe the Ravens also and the Falcons, I like their young QB's ...... Flacco from Delaware {divison 1AA!} and Matt Ryan from Boston College, the probable rookie of the year. Once the Pats go out I need to root for ''someone''.

Comment

(JaiDee @ Dec. 29 2008,07:39) Must've been Pig Dogg??

Hey, I am far from happy today, that ol' fool knocked my 11-5 team right out of the playoffs with his usual horrendous, God-awful performance ..... we Pats fans should have seen it coming I guess, but we actually held out hope they would come through and beat the Fish {imagine the horrors of rooting for the Jets for a day??} which would have given us the AFC east title. Instead Moss & Co. will be golfing soon.

A last-minute pick thrown directly to a 300-pound lineman who can barely reach down to tie his own shoelaces to lose the game and finally put an end to a VERY below-average career; how fitting!
                              The INT to the DE was not a last minute pick. It was in the 2nd quarter. Obviously you never seen the game but are an authority on it.

And it's too bad your cheating head coach and your owner who is the secret dick sucking lover of the commissioner have to set out the play offs for one year. Karma is finally evening things out.
                              “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
                              ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Lefty @ Dec. 29 2008,11:11) owner who is the secret dick sucking lover of the commissioner
                                Now the tabloids would really love this one!

Comment

Working...
                                X