X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(pampamsam @ Jun. 06 2009,11:42)
    (pacman @ Jun. 06 2009,14:25) Where do you think all these girls who are half Thai come from?
    We have all seen some girls that look eerily farang in some way. Isn't it possible that a grandmother of hers produced a GI's baby?

I mean millions of GIs went through SE Asia during the 60's and 70's. They all went for R & R someplace.

The women didn't have email or long-distance phones available to contact the father about acknowledging or supporting his baby.

Also if a bargirl worked a few weeks before realizing she was pregnant, she had no idea who the father was.

A very good chance the father was KIA or MIA. Do we know where US Forces were stationed in those days, I say countless places.
    In the Bangkok Hotels thread I've listed some of the R&R hotels from the Vietnam era and several Nam veteran friends have told me Bkk was usually an option for them for their 6 month R&R.

The US had permanent party personnel stationed at Air Bases throughout Thailand. Their exposure to the Thai ladies near the bases was on a pretty regular basis.
    From the early 60s to mid 70s or so, we had USAF personnel at Don Muang RTAFB, Korat RTAFB, Nakhon Phanom RTAFB, Takhli RTAFB, U-Tapao RTNAF, Ubon RTAFB, & Udorn RTAFB. It just stands to reason that a fair amount of American seed got sown and took root there during that time.
    U-Tapao, which is at Sattahip, had some of the largest numbers of USAF personnel from the late 60s till the withdrawal of all our Air Force from Thailand in mid 70s. I think the proximity of U-Tapao to Pattaya is one of the main factors that led to the latter's beginnings into what it is today.
    “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
    ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

if u know anything about thailand, the children of those flings are not bar girls, rather movie stars and models, which tend to hire based on being a mixed race thai... and u think none of them have moms who worked bar?

Comment

(qwerty @ Jun. 08 2009,22:34) if u know anything about thailand, the children of those flings are not bar girls, rather movie stars and models, which tend to hire based on being a mixed race thai... and u think none of them have moms who worked bar?
        Not entirely correct there.
        Only children of parents who have connections so mostly children of expats with decent jobs who are married to Thai ladies ( including former bargirls).

However there are loads that were deserted by their fathers.

In particular those who were fathered by black Americans are considered to be the lowest of the lowest by the Thais.

Unless you become a golf pro like Tiger Woods -then you are offered an honorary citizenship! (Which he politely refused -because of the above mentioned discrimination...)

Bangkok Eight is a good read about this.
        Lost in Space!

Comment

good points...

Comment

(pacman @ Jun. 06 2009,01:55) I know many of them have very light beards but by the end of the night, their "5 o'clock shadow" gives them away every time.

Only hormones can stop their whiskers growing...
            I'm surprised you think all lbs need to take hormones to not have any facial hair.
            I have known lbs whom it was apparent never used hormones and the skin on their face was as smooth and hairless as a baby's butt.
            “When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.”
            ― Henry Ward Beecher

"Inflexibility is the worst human failing. You can learn to check impetuosity, overcome fear with confidence and laziness with discipline. But for rigidity of mind, there is no antidote. It carries the seeds of its own destruction." ~ Anton Myrer

Comment

(Socrates999 @ Jun. 06 2009,13:40)
              (pacman @ Jun. 06 2009,12:35) ... we are now seeing their grandchildren coming onto the scene. For someone who potentially fathered dozens in the 70's & 80's, how scary is that?....    
              If you are talking about yourself, then it is even scarier than you think, in so many ways!  
              no what be freaky is if you fuck yore on kid and did not know it thats vary possable if you or 80 and a x gi

Comment

Working...
              X