Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Eno in all phases of his career (band member, solo artist, collaborator, producer). One of my favorite pieces of Eno trivia is that he did a little bit of work on my favorite Genesis album "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" in return for Phil Collins playing drums on one of his tracks. He "treated" the synthesizers on a couple of tunes on Gabriel's final album with Genesis and appears in the credits.

Anyway, my favorite Eno album hands down: "Here Come the Warm Jets". The guitar solo that Robert Fripp laid down on "Baby's On Fire" is incendiary (no pun intended) and was supposedly improvised live, first take, in the studio. Amazing.
    Attached Files
    Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to

Comment

• Yeah that Eno guy has been around

I also love Fripp's guitar on St Elmo's Fire. Makes your eyeballs go spastic
      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

• Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• NWA and Guns and Roses were the background music to my teen years. I listened and listened to these and they were an expression of my teen angst and rebellion. Then later I heard Eminem and I found that same kind of blatant anger and hot creativity that made me feel young and vital again. Do not get me wrong, I loved Pink Floyd, I still listen to old Boston, and I used to trip out listening to The Cure while I was in college, but these have all been covered, and no one has touched on these difference makers in music.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Just to add the other 2 covers.
            Attached Files

Comment

• NWA cover is great finally someone else on here that likes RAP music as this album was so influental and I can't believe it is 25 years old, I'm getting old(44) but have loved rap since sugarhill gang and grandmaster flash days.       I also love Rock,C&W,Classical and all types of music good on you for being open minded.
              I luv ladyboys

Comment

• Personally I can't stand rap which I think is absolute crap. That said I will make an except for 1 album and if you're an American you should since its a classic, "Dr. Dre - The Chronic". Or it should have been labeled the arrival of Snoop.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• Rap is definitely a generational phenom, it almost goes without saying that those who came of age before the mid 80's can't stand it...... which is probably the point!

Comment

• I came of age in the 90's.. but I'm still a rivethead that likes Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and seeing tits at concerts.

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

• XTC

This was a great album having got it together with previous stuff from before like "making plans for Nigel" under the influential guidance of the producer Steve Lilywhite

Comment

• So I'm an old fart I like music from the 60's back to about the 20's, sorry.....
                        What you come of age with is always your favorite, but I honestly believe the 60's was special. I tried to stay relatively current until rap & techno dealt me a 1-2 culture punch in the late 80s.

I liken it to my granny being confronted with Little Richard or Bo Diddley, obvious to me they were great, she would leave the room because it was a language she couldn't understand... or stand!

But I still try to find current young acts to like: Ray LaMontaigne, Deer Tick, Calexico, Giant Sand.....

One I found this week because it's on a phone TV ad that got to me the moment I heard it & tracked it down:
                        Laura Viers "I can see your tracks" (It's not rock tho..)

Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/v/YVITux76S0U?fs=1&hl=en_US">http://www.youtube.com/v/YVITux76S0U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVITux76S0U

Comment

Working...
                        X