Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(JaiDee @ Mar. 21 2010,22:16)  Unless,of course, the parents were homosexuals themselves like Melissa Ethridge and her spouse, et al.... and wanted a gay child.
    I'm not too comfortable with that thought..

As a transsexual myself,i wouldn't wish it on anyone..
    x
    Forgot how this forum works  

Comment

(whore @ Mar. 21 2010,21:31)
      (Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,01:39)
      (Tomcat @ Mar. 21 2010,19:06)
      I dont follow that , sorry.
      OK, perfect children,under perfect conditions of designer genes ect..

It will surely follow that the genes that make homosexuals/transexuals
       will be done away with..

x
      Most of our beloved ladyboys dont exactly come from families that would be able to afford perfect designer babies. Plus there is a demand for ladyboys and once there is a demand there will be ladyboys. Not a very nice way to look at it, but there is a grain of truth in it.
      Well thanks for the educated,didactic,and ultimately piss boring pedantry.

x

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,04:41) I'm not too comfortable with that thought..

As a transsexual myself,i wouldn't wish it on anyone..

I wonder how many gay people would be as open-minded as you?
        Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Comment

I just don't think it would be ethical..

How many of us here are open to our friends and family about our attraction?
          To deliberately impose this on another person is as huge abuse in my opinion.

x

Comment

I'd agree with that sentiment..... I don't think any rational potential parent would WANT their child to be gay, even if they were themselves;  just knowing the problems they have been through to gain acceptance within society and even within their own family.

But there are always a few exceptions out there, the hardcore activists who may argue "what, are you saying there is something wrong with us? If I want a gay child I will program him that way if I choose to'' and do it almost out of spite.

Again, what Tomcat is talking about is opening up a whole can of worms which should never even be opened.

Comment

I think the initial stages of the technology will be used in Industrial applications like self repairing plastics etc. Homo Sapien like creatures will not be possible .

What the article refers to is a new kind of life form that has not existed before through natural evolution and will probably be no more complex than a bacteria or maybe more simple than that. However the main danger is that they breed something like a plague that we have no cure for and that man has never encounterd.

I think James Lovelock ( Giaia) was right when he said that by the end of this century only 3 Billion Humans will be left standing.. if we are lucky.

The thing with technology im afraid is the old mantra
              " if it can happen, it will happen"

Comment

(Tomcat @ Mar. 22 2010,22:16) he said that by the end of this century only 3 Billion Humans will be left standing.
                Global warming should see to that!!

I think I will be pretty happy when I {Hopefully} check out around 2050 or so.... this world is going to be a bloody mess by then!

Comment

I notice that this ideed has come to pass, Craig Ventor accounced yesterday that a form of life has been created... from scratch. Some huge $$ will be made out of this and i can understand why the race was on to be there first

At least Ventor is a public figure. How many Labs are there under the Radar working on tis science. Lets hope the bad guys dont get hold of this technology.

It needs re-affirming that it is difficult to explain exactly how life can be defined , let alone create it

Comment

Unfortunately a number of "EVIL" countries will use this as a "biological" weapon against groups (perhaps race??) they don't like.  Like most similar weapons it will go rogue and there will be really serious "blow-back" with no cure.  

On the other end there may be some wonderful medical break throughs.

Comment

(whore @ Mar. 22 2010,03:31)                                               x
                      Most of our beloved ladyboys dont exactly come from families that would be able to afford perfect designer babies. Plus there is a demand for ladyboys and once there is a demand there will be ladyboys. Not a very nice way to look at it, but there is a grain of truth in it.[/quote]
                      EXACTLY RIGHT.There are farms in Issan turning them out as we speak.

By the way....We already have designer babies,and have had them for generations,the european Royal dynasties have been designing their babies for centuries,and look at what a fine breed of inbred twats they turned out to be.

Comment

(Naang Faa @ Mar. 22 2010,01:39)
                        (Tomcat @ Mar. 21 2010,19:06)
                        I dont follow that , sorry.
                        OK, perfect children,under perfect conditions of designer genes ect..

It will surely follow that the genes that make homosexuals/transexuals
                         will be done away with..

x
                        On the contrary!
                        Once you earthlings master the art of cloning females become obsolete.

We have been cloning nothing but ourselves and ladyboys for centuries on planet Bator
                        Lost in Space!

Comment

Working...
                        X