Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That reminds me, had a few good Pizzas at Shakey's in Tokyo.

I believe they have franchises in UAE but they call them Sheiky's there
    Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

If any of you guys ever come to New York City for a visit, I highly recommend you go to Lombardi's at 32 Spring St in Soho close to the #6 train.

Best pizza on the planet!

or

Maybe I sound insensitive but its not the case at all. I do care!  But if I had to live my whole life based on how everyone might be sensitive to me.. I would not be living my life as I want it. So you can accept me and my flaws as I am or you can't.

Comment

I had a really great pizza in Pattaya in a place on Beach Road. I forget the name but is is not far from WS and is on a corner with an open air patio type eating area. The pizza impressed me enough that I went back on another night. Good service, pleasant staff, very affordable house wine that tasted fine. mmmmm, just writing this is making my stomach growl.

Comment

(katoeylover @ Apr. 30 2010,07:05) Surely the best has to come from Italy!! They invented it.
          Can always rely on old KL to talk sense.

A little place in Milan Italy, stone oven, thin as you like, tasted nothing like it before or after. Had trouble ordering the damn thing though , as menu was all in Italian & the old girl serving was about 300 years old & couldn't speak a word of English
          Be lucky,have fun & stay young !

Comment

(Lefty @ Apr. 30 2010,20:24)
            (kahuna @ Apr. 30 2010,14:31) You left out North Beach (Little Italy) San Francisco...You Eastern Elitist...

BTW...I really like Kimchi...
            Big Kahuna dude rocks!!! I love Kimchi too. Could eat it every day if I had easy access to it.
            If you're still in LOS Carrefour sells it  

Popular place in Patong for Pizza is on Soi Sansabai 20m on the left from Rat-U-Thit for those downtown. I use a place 100m away from my place run by a Neopolitan, thin crust and very tasty Napoli and Salami
            I couldn't give a shit how long it is until you're next holiday- I live here

Comment

There are Italian communities in many countries who brought the 'old recipes' with them. I guess nothing beats a good rustic pizza in an Italian village though...

Maybe KL has tried a nice wood-fired calzone with a Margaret River shiraz on his travels  

Comment

Obviously my Chicago-bias is going to show through here, but our pizza is pretty tops. I do enjoy a nice New York-style as well though. I'm of the opinion that it's pretty hard to fuck up pizza, and if I don't like a place, I'm gonna stay away.

My preferences do include:
                A ton of cheese baked golden brown
                A sweet sauce (not spicy)
                A nice consistency for the crust (soggy will not do, neither will cracker/wafer-thin)
                Not over-oily (i.e. no Pizza Hut... yuck!)
                Fresh, never frozen toppings

Comment

I believe pizza, as we know it and are are referring to it as, (hot, round, with various toppings) was an American invention and not Italian. Perhaps by Italian Americans but Americans nonetheless. I think the original Italian variety was square or rectangular, served cold with a simple tomato topping. I could be wrong and if I am please be gentle with your wrath.

Also tomatoes only came to Italy after the discovery of the Americas. Post Columbus. I believe they originated in South America.

Now for the clincher. Pasta is not of Italian origin. It was a Chinese staple and was brought back to Italy by Marco Polo. Ditto for ice cream.

Comment

heretic

Comment

A friend of mine owns several fine Pizzeria in London and i think that its down to the Chef and not the restaurant..Actually several venerable BMs have eaten in at least one said establishment .

The ovens are all the same...

the chef makes all the difference for the perfect Pizza

Comment

(Steff @ May 01 2010,00:21) I believe pizza, as we know it and are are referring to it as, was an American invention and not Italian. I could be wrong...
                        You are...You can blame us Yanks from Bumfuck USA for a lot of things (as you already have) but you can't fucking blame us for pizza...

Sometimes Google can be your friend...Give it a try...
                        "It's not Gay if you beat them up afterwards."  --- Anon

Comment

sorry lads... best pizza in the world is here in OZ!!

... in my travels i'm yet to find a pizza that matches the ones here

Azza

A worthy trip report

Comment

Have you been to Italy?
                            I know you still read here, checking my every post like the psychotic stalker that you are

I lay there in bed thinking to myself, am I gay and then Lusi rammed her cock in my mouth and I thought, who cares this is fantastic!!!

Comment

(guydesavoy @ Apr. 30 2010,17:43) There are Italian communities in many countries who brought the 'old recipes' with them. I guess nothing beats a good rustic pizza in an Italian village though...

Maybe KL has tried a nice wood-fired calzone with a Margaret River shiraz on his travels  
                              Yes indeed, but they cant get the right and fresh ingredients...

Pizza actually goes best with a sangiovese based wine from Tuscany.
                              seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I had the best in Cannes! truly unbelievable them being french and offering a better dish than their own cuisine....! comes to show that Italian food is just great(when u trim the fat!)

Comment

Working...
                                X