Clear All

I thought it was Barry Gibb   , sorry DK    
    Your got yer Mother in a whirl
    Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

I would've said a cross between Gerry Rafferty (R.I.P) and Brian Cadd
      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(TEXASMAC @ Jan. 27 2011,11:04) I guess I am kinda soft and old school. I was thinking , Kool and the Gang, and the 4 Tops. I guess it comes from being raised in Detroit.
        Now you are talking
        Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Hey DK,,, the Pub you are playing in.... Is it "The Royal Antler"?
          Also noted the Stubbies '82 poster. Excellent!
          f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

(f0xxee @ Jan. 29 2011,05:53) Hey DK,,, the Pub you are playing in.... Is it  "The Royal Antler"?
            Also noted the Stubbies '82 poster. Excellent!
            No foxxee it's the Maroura Bay Hotel (on the beach) when channel swimmer Des Renford owned it.

cheers DK
            happy when in thailand

Comment

(donnykey @ Jan. 28 2011,15:32) What about the great OZ band of the late 70's/early 80's .... Indoor Plants.
              A shame JJJ wasn't around back then to launch you into rock star fame.

I love the stance, the Mighty Mouse T-shirt but is that a wedding ring I see there? That would have hurt your chances with the groupies. Maybe not with all that 'tude...      

I am sure those pics bring back some great memories for you DK, I only got as far as being a weekend roady. And that was fun.

I am not too sure about the beard though, I am sure the lasses of LOS prefer you without it.
              Despite the high cost of living, it continues to be popular.

Comment

Band

1) Madness , the nutty boys

2) Floyd, well Roger Waters now I suppose. Saw him do Darkside at the O2 recently. Not bad.

3) Pet Shop Boys, I know. Gay Gay but great show. If you want to dance, every ones a hit.

Festival Glastonbury. No brainer

Just sorted my tickets & accomodation. There is nice way of seeing it. As music goes in relative terms its like Los, theres something for everyone.

Yes we all did something one way or another with music in our early years. Me recording engineer/producer.

Comment

(pacman @ Jan. 29 2011,16:26)
                  (donnykey @ Jan. 28 2011,15:32) What about the great OZ band of the late 70's/early 80's .... Indoor Plants.
                  A shame JJJ wasn't around back then to launch you into rock star fame.

I love the stance, the Mighty Mouse T-shirt but is that a wedding ring I see there? That would have hurt your chances with the groupies. Maybe not with all that 'tude...      

I am sure those pics bring back some great memories for you DK, I only got as far as being a weekend roady. And that was fun.

I am not too sure about the beard though, I am sure the lasses of LOS prefer you without it.
                  No wedding ring Paccers.....Never ever ever married.

Mate the beard was a 2 week wonder. Usually Just had the moustache.

We once got offered a spot on the Don Lane show but two of the guys shat themselves and wouldn't do it. Weak as piss.

Cheers DK
                  happy when in thailand

Comment

(donnykey @ Jan. 29 2011,18:20) ..but two of the guys shat themselves
                    Sorry you missed the gig DK, but Don would have loved that  

Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

(guydesavoy @ Jan. 29 2011,12:52)

damm shame

there DK , Thanx for sharing
                      Your got yer Mother in a whirl
                      Shes not sure if your a Boy or a Girl

Comment

Saw Black Sabbath back in the 70's; loudest concert I ever attended. The best was the Rolling Stones in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand a few years ago; Paul McCartney in 2002 in San Jose; Queen back in the 70's at the Santa Monica Civic...J. Geils, Ten Years After and Yes in one show in San Diego...back in early 70's. Can't forget Rory Gallagher in LA in the 70's. Saw Journey when they first formed on campus at San Diego State University....that was a nice show. ELP was also good...another 70's show.

Comment

I see Yes in Vegas, that was awesome

Comment

(daveduke007 @ Jan. 29 2011,20:21)
                            (guydesavoy @ Jan. 29 2011,12:52)

damm shame

there DK   , Thanx for sharing  
                            I used to Rock Duke....But now I only Roll.

Cheers DK
                            happy when in thailand

Comment

Working...
                            X