Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a house mate last year (guy, 31 yrs) who was anti-abortion. He also believed that the world is 6000 yrs old and that people lived with dinosaurs back in the day. He's keenly waiting for the Rapture to arrive. Apart from that, he was a nice bloke.

I asked him what justification he had for telling others what they should do with their body? He response was that in the bible God or Jesus said something like: "and I knew you in the womb".

This therefore gives proof, for him and others, that we all have a soul before we are born and that therefore it is murder to have a foetus terminated.

We agreed to disagree.

Needless to say, I hid my interest in Lb's well away from this guy.
    dreaming about LOS again

Comment

(PigDogg @ Feb. 05 2011,13:01) As far as discussing politics, I come across very few people who wish to explore ideas and suss out the truth.  Most people just want to promote their position which bores me.
      Especially on Forums...and especially with contentious issues like Israel/Palestine.  

I think preaching to the converted is all about ego..makes you feel good when you find like-minded travellers, and even better when you find the enemy  

It has never advanced the ideas one iota  
      Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage

Comment

I have a number of very dear friends that go back to my "coming of age" years that have become "teabaggers" & fundamentalists in their mid years. A lot of them are wonderful people to be with & superficially chat with, but cross the politics & religion border & I realize our view of reality is totally, fundamentally different.

It seems to me to be a "phase" that they don't want to question or think about but dig in and defend.

The US is like an island really & most view those beyond it's borders with suspicion..... the word "European" in recent years has started to take on a negative tone, like athiest or degenerate. You have to realize the country was founded by people that wanted to create theocracies & that's reflected in the current culture (compared to, say Australia, founded roughly same time & same ethnic groups.)

Comment

Working...
        X