X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egypt - a new dawn...

Not a peep here about the revolution in Egypt.
    The Egyptian people have managed to throw off a U.S. backed dictator that was in power for 30 years. I think this is pretty amazing and I'm happy for them. Although, they still have a long way to go to get what they want.
    Suliman, the VP designated by Mubarak is an even bigger thug than he was. Suliman was/is the guy that the CIA contracted with to carry out torture and disappear people for them.
    The military is supposedly overseeing the transition of power, but this is a bit like leaving the fox in charge of the chicken coupe, given that they are primally an organ of repression.
    Wondering where is the conversation about neocolonialism and imperialism since Egypt is client state of the U.S.
    "Bankin' off of the northeast wind
    Salin' on a summer breeze
    And skippin' over the ocean, like a stone."
    -Harry Nilsson

Great news alright.  The US. was for democracy in Egypt before it was against it, propping up a dictator who tortured it's subjects for thirty years.  Even 'rendering' other countries subjects there for 'treatment'  The US. pays over 2billion in support payments every year on top of military support.   This U.S. support of '"Democracy"" sure is a mystery.   Perhaps the Egyptian people will be permitted to frame their OWN democracy. Other countries should respect the result.   We can only wish them every success.

Comment

I think the problem is when other Countries in the area follow suit.

We are seeing pro-democracy marches in Algeria today and some of the governments will not put up with it,

What happens if and when it spreads to Iran?

And what will the Redshirts of Thailand make of it too?
      seriously pig headed,arrogant,double standard smart ass poster!

Comment

I agree... that shit hole part of the world can only get worse... and I'm guessing the mass discontent will gather pace and happen quickly.

It'll be a rough decade for them crappy countries... but really - who cares.
        SHEMALE.CENTER
        World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Feb. 12 2011,15:26) ... but really - who cares.  
          Several million folk, but not you obviously ...
          TT

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Feb. 12 2011,15:26)   I agree... that shit hole part of the world can only get worse... and I'm guessing the mass discontent will gather pace and happen quickly.

It'll be a rough decade for them crappy countries... but really - who cares.  
            I guess I care in as much as it makes the world a more unstable place.

I guess the price of oil will be driven up, not that Algeria, Morocco and Egypt are such great producers, but that instability might spread to the big players who enjoy the fruits of a feudal system, such as the UAE, Saudi etc. All good for me.

Secondly, its an "in" that that extremists have been lookng for. Al Queda has long wanted to topple a government in the Mid East and start a regime under its own charter. A Caliphate if you will. No doubt they will be doing their best to achieve this end. They have been more marginalised  and seemingly more an irrelevance of late, so they need the big win. I doubt they will get it.

I doubt that the average young and educated and throughly pissed off Muslim in Algeria or Egypt is thinking "Gee glad we got rid of that dicatator, lets get on a fudamentalist road-trip and eat rocks for the rest of our lives." No I suspect and hope that the young and disenfranchised are looking to Levis, Iphones and a steady and well paying career and a right to vote and place money in the thongs of go-go dancers.
            I am Hoping against all hope that this might be the start of a burgeoning democratic movement in the region. My worry is that they dont know what the fuck democracy and capitalism are, and, much the same as happened in  Russia, the majority will get burnt and settle for a benevolent dictatorship.
            f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

And that was my 1500th post.
              f0xxee

"Spelling - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit."

Comment

Congrats...

And this is from a poster who literally begged me to delete him just a few short weeks ago!

Moody cunt!
                SHEMALE.CENTER
                World's Greatest Tgirl Cam Site.

Comment

I dont give two fucks for the Arabs but it will obviously effect everyone in some degree.

Do i care ... no , just as long as im sucking enough money out of the system so as not to care about the price of prime Steak and Caviar. I just dont give two fux. The World is changing but im not changing with it... ive got the brakes on. Pretty obvious the Muslim Brotherrhood are rubbing their hands though.

The price of oil is going to sky anyway. The Saudis have been lying about their reserves for ages and i bet that they are sitting on half of what they claim.

By Xmas is will be 150 per barrel and rising.

Comment

Right, democracy coming via the help of the Egyptian Army. Sure.
                    Life is short. Live it well.

Comment

I think the Armies are the only guys that can be trusted to rule anywhere. You cant please everyone so please no one instead. The Iron Fist in a velvet glove approach is best for the Arabs.,

Democracy, whatever its supposed to mean hasnt done a lot of good for many in Europe has it... we are swamped by undesirables that no one voted for.  Its all bullshit... bloody Right Wing loonies

Comment

(Bumpa STIKKA @ Feb. 12 2011,15:26) It'll be a rough decade for them crappy countries... but really - who cares.  
                        I care.
                        This is a movement form the ground up that is looking for social justice.
                        The dictator and the regime that was oppressing the vast majority of Egyptian people was trained, funded, supplied and "advised" by the U.S. I am a citizen of the U.S. and as such, my tax $ go to fund this kind of HORRIBLE INJUSTICE, not just in Egypt, but all over the world. I hate that my taxes are funding this kind of thing on a planetary scale. I want it stopped.
                        Also, this is an instance of a people throwing of U.S. imperialism. This makes me very happy. It raises the possibility that the U.S. empire will no longer be able to get away with this kind of thing in the future. Maybe at the very least, it will create some kind of meaningful discussion about the similar role the U.S. has played in many countries around the world, and why it is not a good idea to maintain business as usual.
                        -Harry Nilsson

Comment

Some prescient, dead on analysis by Chris Hedges.

http://www.truthdig.com/report....0110130
                          -Harry Nilsson

Comment

(katoeylover @ Feb. 12 2011,15:18) We are seeing pro-democracy marches in Algeria today and some of the governments will not put up with it,

What happens if and when it spreads to Iran?

And what will the Redshirts of Thailand make of it too?
                            This next decade will see many revolutions and changes , and all for the better .

There will be multiple revolutions in the middle east and Africa .

Democracy should be encouraged throughout the world
                            Free your mind and your ass will follow .

Comment

Democracies should be accepted without outside interference. Gaza a perfect example of what I'm thinking of.

Comment

Working...
                              X